What's new

Raiden Sucks!!! ;)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I found it funny how after PL wins with Raiden lots of players picked up Raiden, now they say it sucks? lol.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Then obviously whoever you've been talking to doesn't know when to teleport and doesn't use the en tele! That thing ... destroys ppl who aren't looking for it.

Raiden is one of my secondaries, apparently I like playing characters that have been hit by the aforementioned nerf bat. lol

I just wish I could pressure with Vicinity blast. :(
Something like... D3, D3, VB, F2, VB, D1, VB ... that'd be awesome.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's really strong defensively, inside of strings with frame gaps. As general pressure defense, it's solid, but vs a lot of the cast it's risky as hell.

Theme

Noob
Even defensively?
My friend plays a good ass Raiden, and he mixes up his teleports. He would teleport inbetween strings and after or before. He would sit and block, or he would low poke into combo string, or he would cross up, grab, or sweep. There is so many things Raiden can do, its scary if used right... However, when Im beginning to punish every other teleport he does, my friends starting to use it less and less.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
My friend plays a good ass Raiden, and he mixes up his teleports. He would teleport inbetween strings and after or before. He would sit and block, or he would low poke into combo string, or he would cross up, grab, or sweep. There is so many things Raiden can do, its scary if used right... However, when Im beginning to punish every other teleport he does, my friends starting to use it less and less.
There's so many ways to make the teleport at least safe if anything. If raidens are getting blown up for doing unsafe teleports, then that's their fault. I teleport unsafely and get blown up for it too, but it's just because I made a bad decision and not because the teleport or raiden sucks.

Theme

Noob
There's so many ways to make the teleport at least safe if anything. If raidens are getting blown up for doing unsafe teleports, then that's their fault. I teleport unsafely and get blown up for it too, but it's just because I made a bad decision and not because the teleport or raiden sucks.
Yeah, exactly. Im not saying Raiden or his teleport sucks or anything, infact, Id list his teleport in the top 5 best specials in the game, the first being hands down Ice clone. But yeah, everyone makes mistakes and bad decisions and youll get blown up for it.

well considering there is only one good raiden player (bwizz) we dont have much to judge by with raiden yet, this is all subjective noone has brought his potential out, who knows maybe he is #1 because his footsies are so damn good... yeah the tele is really punishable but attempted full combo punoshes can be en-tele'd and then raiden gets a full combo

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Raiden has definitely been nerfed a little more than necessary, thats for sure. Hes still solid though and I'll never drop him.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'm sticking with Raiden no matter what. I wanted to use him since before the game came out, and I'm using him now. (Though, I have other mains. >_>)

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Raiden is a great character whose teleport was easily punishable even before the nerf. I love this attitude towards Raiden and its certainly making it a perfect time to bring him back