What's new

Raiden General Discussion

Digestia

Noob
has anyone tried linking Stryker nades with any string into lightning blast?

it works so easily for Sektor rockets
Not sure, but make sure you don't practice timing without actually doing the special. The startup frames of the next move seem play into whether the link works.

Source: Havik arm combos with nades

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Not sure, but make sure you don't practice timing without actually doing the special. The startup frames of the next move seem play into whether the link works.

Source: Havik arm combos with nades
I'm assuming you mean to do the string and use the assist with it?

I'm not sure what you mean

basically I'm talking 2,4,2, lightning into nades

Last edited:

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Storm cell ye, but specially after Shocker also cant land f34 consistently
Oh ok yeah at peak height coming down that's when the f34 is supposed to connect .. I dash, step forward then f34. Sometimes I mash, like a double dash type of motion but opp height is important.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Any kind of general consensus as to what kameo is best for Raiden now? Jax? Scorpion? Serena? Sektor? I saw a Kano using the knives well against me.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Any kind of general consensus as to what kameo is best for Raiden now? Jax? Scorpion? Serena? Sektor? I saw a Kano using the knives well against me.
Sektor for damage and setups, Kano for safe storm cell. Goro functions like Kano, but is a little more expensive. Jax is, IMO, a watered down Sektor. And Sareena is just not worth it with Raiden. So I'd say it's Kano.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Kano for safety and chip. Goro for raw storm cell converts. Lao for zoning, free teleports/superman, and lowhat/throw set ups. Those are his top 3. I switch between Kano and Lao depending on who I'm fighting. Lao absolutely obliterates Baraka and Kano is better against characters that get in for free like Omniman

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Kano for safety and chip. Goro for raw storm cell converts. Lao for zoning, free teleports/superman, and lowhat/throw set ups. Those are his top 3. I switch between Kano and Lao depending on who I'm fighting. Lao absolutely obliterates Baraka and Kano is better against characters that get in for free like Omniman
Do you have BnB for storm cell and EX storm cell converts with Goro? <3

Fractured_Shadow

Do you have BnB for storm cell and EX storm cell converts with Goro? <3
Storm cell ~ Goro mid up punch (down kameo), f34, f21~exdf2, walk forward, 3, df2

With ex storm cell on hit you don't need goro because it combos itself by pressing 3 on hit. On block the pushback makes it safe already. But you can throw mid goro at the end if you want to continue pressure

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Really liking the Raiden/Goro team! He almost feels complete :)

Sidenote: I was wondering what you guys think makes Raiden s tier? I think the astorm cell really helps his game a lot :D

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile

Sidenote: I was wondering what you guys think makes Raiden s tier? I think the astorm cell really helps his game a lot :D
His insane chip damage into meter-build into safety (via kameos) with storm cell, paired with a good armored move and a fast and safe low starter, and also far reaching buttons. Also he can escape the corner super easily with both superman fly and the teleport (and again, be safe or PLUS with his kameos).

xRantex

Rante Inferno
His insane chip damage into meter-build into safety (via kameos) with storm cell, paired with a good armored move and a fast and safe low starter, and also far reaching buttons. Also he can escape the corner super easily with both superman fly and the teleport (and again, be safe or PLUS with his kameos).
Yeaaa I agree with all but man SC radius reallyyy helps lol I be having them TRAPPED in the corner! Everyone tries to jump out but storm cell traps them in lmao.

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

D1~Stormcell is auto pressure and great chip/meter building. He can convert almost everything into a combo. He has excellent pressure, excellent defense (only character in the game that takes half chip damage), excellent runaway, and the best AA in the game. Oh and just for lulz he and can get in for free with teleport into Kano Knives or Superman into Kano Knives (which the ONLY character in the game can punish is another Raiden lolzz).

Raiden has absolutely no bad MUs (gonna do a MU chart for fun later), and also has some of the only 7-3 MUs.

Raiden cannot be corner locked, cannot be zoned, is an animal in pressure, has average to above average zoning, the best D4 in the game, oh and he has F4 which is most definitely a poke but it also is a combo starter lulz.

IMO Raiden is the most complete character in MK1 and a top 3 character (Sindel, Kenshi, Raiden - in that order because let's be honest, Johnny is not top 3 - mic drop)

xRantex

Rante Inferno
D1~Stormcell is auto pressure and great chip/meter building. He can convert almost everything into a combo. He has excellent pressure, excellent defense (only character in the game that takes half chip damage), excellent runaway, and the best AA in the game. Oh and just for lulz he and can get in for free with teleport into Kano Knives or Superman into Kano Knives (which the ONLY character in the game can punish is another Raiden lolzz).

Raiden has absolutely no bad MUs (gonna do a MU chart for fun later), and also has some of the only 7-3 MUs.

Raiden cannot be corner locked, cannot be zoned, is an animal in pressure, has average to above average zoning, the best D4 in the game, oh and he has F4 which is most definitely a poke but it also is a combo starter lulz.

IMO Raiden is the most complete character in MK1 and a top 3 character (Sindel, Kenshi, Raiden - in that order because let's be honest, Johnny is not top 3 - mic drop)
Heyy but Johnny gives me the most problems -sideeye- lol those mixes he got but wow i didn't know Raiden d4 was the best? Cause it reaches? Lolz

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Yeah I played with Mileena and I had to play very hard to win ..

I used Raiden and I literally won with one eye closed. My eye was irritating, I was half sleep and STILL won lol

Fractured_Shadow

Heyy but Johnny gives me the most problems -sideeye- lol those mixes he got but wow i didn't know Raiden d4 was the best? Cause it reaches? Lolz
Johnny can be fuzzy guarded and he is gimpy with his range. At sweep he only has highs and gets blown up by pokes. I actually have him outside my top 5 tbh. I have Sindel, Kenshi, Raiden, Lui Kang, Ashrah as my top 5.

Raiden's D4 has the best range and frame data of any D4. Added to the fact that you can do D4~Ex Storm Cell makes it a dumbass poke to have to deal with. 10/10 should be abused.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

I'm curious, how can Raiden be below Kenshi if Kenshi has bad MUs (particularly meta ones too) and Raiden apparently has none?

Fractured_Shadow

I'm curious, how can Raiden be below Kenshi if Kenshi has bad MUs (particularly meta ones too) and Raiden apparently has none?
Because I don't think Kenshi has any bad MUs. Kenshi, much like Raiden, has a complete tool set and the ability to deal with every single situation/character/kameo in the game. I think Kenshi is much more oppressive than Raiden and has as deep a range of options at his disposal. Where Kenshi is better than Raiden is his neutral game. B2 is amazing and he absolutely dominates neutral with Sento and forces of characters to adapt to his style of play i.e they need to runaway. Hell, Kenshi's B2~Cyrax chopper~Sento beats out half the cast and immediately puts Kenshi in the driver's seat. I'm curious, what bad MUs do you think Kenshi has?

edit

To clarify, I think most people play Raiden wrong, and most play Kenshi wrong. Raiden is a turtle with excellent runaway. He is the best lame out character in the game and should be used with hit and run tactics. His entire kit is built for it. He just happens to also have good chip so people focus on rushddown. You can literally escape every single pressure situation (minus Kenshi) with D1~Stormcell~ambush and then runaway. You got decent chip, built meter, and escaped. Not much of the cast can deal with that.

As for Kenshi, he needs Sento out as often as possible. To this end Cyrax should be his kameo of choice. He can force people into extremely hard to flawless block situations, safe 50/50s, and dummy thicc chip with literally any blocked hit~Cyrax. Once he gets started he can reset Sento for a bar, which he auto builds meter with his pressure, and get right back to the carnage. The only weakness Kenshi has is if he let's Sento run dry. But even that isn't too big of a deal.

IMO Kenshi and Raiden are super close for the number 2 spot but I give it to Kenshi because Raiden isn't all that difficult to flawless block.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Because I don't think Kenshi has any bad MUs. Kenshi, much like Raiden, has a complete tool set and the ability to deal with every single situation/character/kameo in the game. I think Kenshi is much more oppressive than Raiden and has as deep a range of options at his disposal. Where Kenshi is better than Raiden is his neutral game. B2 is amazing and he absolutely dominates neutral with Sento and forces of characters to adapt to his style of play i.e they need to runaway. Hell, Kenshi's B2~Cyrax chopper~Sento beats out half the cast and immediately puts Kenshi in the driver's seat. I'm curious, what bad MUs do you think Kenshi has?

edit

To clarify, I think most people play Raiden wrong, and most play Kenshi wrong. Raiden is a turtle with excellent runaway. He is the best lame out character in the game and should be used with hit and run tactics. His entire kit is built for it. He just happens to also have good chip so people focus on rushddown. You can literally escape every single pressure situation (minus Kenshi) with D1~Stormcell~ambush and then runaway. You got decent chip, built meter, and escaped. Not much of the cast can deal with that.

As for Kenshi, he needs Sento out as often as possible. To this end Cyrax should be his kameo of choice. He can force people into extremely hard to flawless block situations, safe 50/50s, and dummy thicc chip with literally any blocked hit~Cyrax. Once he gets started he can reset Sento for a bar, which he auto builds meter with his pressure, and get right back to the carnage. The only weakness Kenshi has is if he let's Sento run dry. But even that isn't too big of a deal.

IMO Kenshi and Raiden are super close for the number 2 spot but I give it to Kenshi because Raiden isn't all that difficult to flawless block.
I'm sure this will cause a blowup, but Raiden, Scorp, Ashrah, Sindel, Nitara (Khameleon), Tanya, Lao, Geras, Johnny, Kitana are all contenders for losing MUs and some of them are pretty polar. You're going to disagree that Raiden is a losing MU, so I'd really like to hear how Kenshi deals with the runaway gameplan.

Kenshi has the best win condition in the game once set in motion, which is why you're correct in saying Cyrax on paper is the best kameo even though there's counterplay to midscreen cyrax/sento summons, but with the current meta of lao/stryker and with some main characters in general he's forced to go sub kameo or even sareena, which even then he can get zoned / out-neutraled by a lot of characters. People also forget that Scorpion kameo gets you out of sento pressure almost for free, and Kenshi will have serious problems in the future when people actually start learning shujinko.

Kenshi's a bit like MK9 cyrax "a net and a dream" in that you can just get robbed by sento and he's never out of a match if he has any resources, but he definitely has some exploitable weaknesses / bad MUs which have lead to so few pros using him in tournaments relative to the other top tiers. Many have echo'd this publicly like Foxy, TM, Tigerz, and more.

Last edited: