What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

xaaz

Noob
So, Sheevas X-Ray and EX moves compared to Breakers. I'm finding that they're kind of crap and almost useless. Yeah, the x-ray is unblockable (alright for punishing certain things), you can combo into it, and the ex moves add a bit of damage, but the minor damage increase seems awful when compared to having the ability to break out of a long combo, especially now that people are getting the hang of the bigger juggles with their characters. I was using EX BT3 as a combo ender for a while to get the extra damage but I don't even do that anymore, even if I have all three stocks. I figure if I have three stocks locked and loaded then that puts me one stock closer to having a second breaker if I'm forced to use one. It just seems so important with all these long ass 40%+ combos other chars have. Maybe if there was more to her ex moves than just some bonus damage (or maybe if the armor wasn't on the slowest damn special she has) I would have more incentive to use them, but things being as they are I see no reason to use ex moves or her xray (outside of very specific circumstances). Having the ability to break out of a devastating combo seems more important. Maybe that will change over time as people hit the lab and figure her out more though, who knows.

Speaking of ex moves, I was playing around with her ex fireball. I figured there must be something to it since it knocks down, like maybe it reduced gravity or it could setup some juggles, but I can't figure out a special use for it. I tried it in the corner after a J2,1,2,B1,1,2,B1,2,1,2,EXFB, but it doesn't do shit. It acts just like her normal fireball. It'll hit (the timing is tight) but they just fall straight to the ground immediately after. Even after a shorter combo with less gravity, J2, 1,2,B1,3,3,EXFB, I couldn't follow it up with anything. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe there's just really nothing special about it.

Gast

Noob
Speaking of ex moves, I was playing around with her ex fireball. I figured there must be something to it since it knocks down, like maybe it reduced gravity or it could setup some juggles, but I can't figure out a special use for it. I tried it in the corner after a J2,1,2,B1,1,2,B1,2,1,2,EXFB, but it doesn't do shit. It acts just like her normal fireball. It'll hit (the timing is tight) but they just fall straight to the ground immediately after. Even after a shorter combo with less gravity, J2, 1,2,B1,3,3,EXFB, I couldn't follow it up with anything. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe there's just really nothing special about it.
I don´t think you are missing anything actually, it is a terrible move. I thought you could do some tag setups or something with it, but not even that, no juggles or anything. EX fireball seem pointless. Maybe it leads to advantage on block, I will test that today. BF3 is the only useful EX move since it lets you choose in which direction you will toss the opponent, so if you land a combo with your back against the wall you can reverse the situation and gain the advantage. But usually when I get cornered I try to stomp and overshoot the target. I´m starting to think that stomp would be more useful if there was less recovery after you land a whiffed stomp. Sheeva recovers pretty fast afterwards, but I think it should be faster. Maybe the EX version should have armor on descent? Cause EX stomp is completely useless.

I've been using the air grab for those who love to jump away after a knock down or a block string. And speaking of block strings... 1, 2, B1 seems soo much better to use than 2, 1, 2, as I get upper cutted constantly and 1, 2, B1 seems to be so much faster, and Sheeva needs all the speed she can get.

Something else I noticed, BF3 is amazing. I've been gaining advantage over Kung Lao's dive kicks, and it seems to stuff a ton of other stuff as well.

I'm having little to no luck getting a DB3 in. There's enough room for one block string, and it seems regardless of who you're fighting the opponent has the advantage after that, I might just need to be using BF3 more in my strings though.
Thats a very interesting find actually, wonder what else BF3 stuffs? Also, mid-screen BF3 pushes the opponent really far away on block, so it´s very hard to continue pressure after a blocked command grab. 4 usually works for me, but fast specials kan punish it. A 4 immediately after a blocked command grab can kick Sub-Zero out of his ice clone. I personally don´t like 1, 2, B1 because the first 2 hits can be ducked, it can´t set up blocked command grabs (as far as I know, I should test this actually) but it does lead to just as much damage as a 2,1,2 string.

The only thing about DF1 i found remarcable is the fact you can do the same combos you do with the BF3 (yes, but 3 or 4 % less damage) but a lot safier... antiair grab is less punishable.
But if the opponent is blocking standing, the air grab will just whiff and you will be wide open. A blocked normal BF3 at least leads to advantage on block. I guess the strength lies in it´s ability to place the opponent right in front of you leaving you with advantage, while BF3 knocks the opponent too far away to continue pressure. Still a bit disappointed in it´s reach, it´s poor damage and it´s terrible EX version. Seriously whats with Sheeva´s absolutely horrible EX moves? Only notable ones are her EX DB3 and BF3. Rest just sucks.

So, Sheevas X-Ray and EX moves compared to Breakers. I'm finding that they're kind of crap and almost useless. Yeah, the x-ray is unblockable (alright for punishing certain things), you can combo into it, and the ex moves add a bit of damage, but the minor damage increase seems awful when compared to having the ability to break out of a long combo, especially now that people are getting the hang of the bigger juggles with their characters. I was using EX BT3 as a combo ender for a while to get the extra damage but I don't even do that anymore, even if I have all three stocks. I figure if I have three stocks locked and loaded then that puts me one stock closer to having a second breaker if I'm forced to use one. It just seems so important with all these long ass 40%+ combos other chars have. Maybe if there was more to her ex moves than just some bonus damage (or maybe if the armor wasn't on the slowest damn special she has) I would have more incentive to use them, but things being as they are I see no reason to use ex moves or her xray (outside of very specific circumstances). Having the ability to break out of a devastating combo seems more important. Maybe that will change over time as people hit the lab and figure her out more though, who knows.
Yea I had been thinking about the same thing. One of her biggest weaknesses seems to be dealing with heavy pressure up close, so I think it'll be really important for her to hoard breakers in order to minimize the damage her opponent will do. I guess her EX moves sucking is a good thing. :/

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Due to EX-shit i think we´re going to see 2-1-2xxXRAY and F3xxXRAY a lot.... I have to find a better XRAY combo in the corner to maximize damage

Gast

Noob
I don´t think there are many setups for the X-ray though actually, since the opponent needs to be grounded for it to work. It´s not like you can juggle into it. It´s just basic string into x-ray, thats about as fancy as one can get with the Xray I´m afraid. I´d really prefer useful EX moves over the xray.

Edit: Hey guys, you know what would be a great corner juggle string if it could be dash cancelled? F3, 2.

NoDoubt

nasty
If there are anymore possible combo strings to Xray found that are pretty damaging, maybe the Xray can come more in handy. Otherwise I just save it if my opponent has gotten beaten badly without me losing much life and acts as a savior at the end if he's getting the upper hand. But yea, breakers are golden for her

I don´t think there are many setups for the X-ray though actually, since the opponent needs to be grounded for it to work. It´s not like you can juggle into it. It´s just basic string into x-ray, thats about as fancy as one can get with the Xray I´m afraid. I´d really prefer useful EX moves over the xray.

Edit: Hey guys, you know what would be a great corner juggle string if it could be dash cancelled? F3, 2.
Hmm. I wish F3, 2, could be canceled into anything since if you use F3 a lot, adding the extra 2 could probably take someone by surprise.

When you have her X-Ray, you have full screen control over projectiles. Think of it as Chun Li's U1 I suppose, not amazing in combos, but useful for preventing your opponent from projectile spam. The tricky thing is making sure you time it right so the projectile doesn't hit you when the armor wears off. Don't forget that X-Ray's can't be combo breaked either.

If her Ex Air grab had armor for guaranteed anti cross up attempts, and her Ex BF3 had armor for... anything she would probably be soo much better. Oh well.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
My player match win loss is now 248/26. I love Sheeva. Hopefully not many people chose to pick her up, so that they aren't prepared for us true loyal Sheeva users =D

Hey guys i let a buddy borrown my PS3 so I cant test this right now, but can Sheeva punish blocked teleports with b+2, 1+2, b,f+3 (or d,f+2)? I know someone was talking about using 2, b,f+3 as a universal punish but I'm wondering if her b+2 is fast enough.

I'm mainly thinking about punish options on moves that have the opponent do the somersault on block, so it's not just teleports. I'm wondering if her string is fast enough to punish stuff like Kung Loa's dive kick, Raiden's torpedo, Scorpion's teleport punch, etc.

Gast

Noob
Hey guys i let a buddy borrown my PS3 so I cant test this right now, but can Sheeva punish blocked teleports with b+2, 1+2, b,f+3 (or d,f+2)? I know someone was talking about using 2, b,f+3 as a universal punish but I'm wondering if her b+2 is fast enough.

I'm mainly thinking about punish options on moves that have the opponent do the somersault on block, so it's not just teleports. I'm wondering if her string is fast enough to punish stuff like Kung Loa's dive kick, Raiden's torpedo, Scorpion's teleport punch, etc.
If that´s possible, then it´s not only good in 1v1, it would be absolutely great in tag due to the quad loop. I will try to test this very soon.

NoDoubt

nasty
lol that would be fun. *scorp/smoke teleports and then gets hit with 80% quad loop punisher*. Talk about some dangerous shit if theres ever tag team tournaments in the future

ask sheeva thread

use this thread to ask question/s about sheeva we donn't need to make differets thread to ask a question

first post will be updated with the questions and answeres so that you know if your question was already asked before and what was the answere for it.

After watching a few of Checks videos with other characters, I'm wondering if she has any wall uppercut combos? I've been playing around a bit but got nadda.

Also, after a knock down I'd recommend doing B1, 2, BF3 or 3, 3, BF3 because the first hit of 2, 1, 2, F1 can easily be upper cutted.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
We really need some frame data for her. She's the slowest character in the game and knowing what she can or cannot do is important. Please post a link to it if there is one available in the first post.

Gast

Noob
Doesen´t seem to be any uppercut combos. Theres just no way for her to catch up after the corner uppercut. I was thinking F4 but it seems like a no go. Would be awesome if she could do something crazy, like connect quad toss, but yeah. Being able to connect quad toss to something makes everything automatically better.

B1, 2 does not lock a blocking opponent (if he blocks it) to a command grab if blocked, so if the opponent blocks B1, 2 he can duck the command grab and punish. Found that out today the hard way...The finishing 1+2 properly locks the blocking opponent though.

I think it´s smart to mix it up in the corner though between B1, 2, 1+2 and 2,1,2 strings. B1, 2 does not beat standing reversals very well I´ve found, but that could just be my timing thats bad.

Gast

Noob
Yeah, exact frame data would be nice, but so far there don´t seem to be any. All we know for sure is that blocked command grab = massive advantage for Sheeva.

I would like to know if it´s possible to connect a quad toss off a 1, 2, b1 string if you do a fastest possible quad toss.

xaaz

Noob
Mr. Brady said on alphaism that, presumably to the best of his knowledge, NRS wasn't planning on releasing frame data. So why don't we just hit the lab and figure that shit out for ourselves.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Yeah, exact frame data would be nice, but so far there don´t seem to be any. All we know for sure is that blocked command grab = massive advantage for Sheeva.

I would like to know if it´s possible to connect a quad toss off a 1, 2, b1 string if you do a fastest possible quad toss.
You can only connect the "Quad" but not the "Toss" lol.

What I mean is, you can only connect b+2 because they become grounded afterwards and the 1+2 won't launch them. I tried for about 30 minutes and I still couldn't get it to land. So I guess you can't.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
If you can find some secret move that makes those strings that auto-taunt go into some special hidden move, please share in your latest combo video.

Personally, I think Sheeva can't do ANY combos worth doing. Just go for the wake-up.

I actually would like a vid that went in-depth into detail on the enhanced properties of her moves and some of the properties of her strings. A STRATEGY video is what we need.

Gast

Noob
What do you mean by standing reversals?
Sorry, the wording I was looking for was probably standing wake-up reversals, like Reptiles run for example. I think you can teleport out of B1, 2 aswell, where a 2 would slap you out of the teleport.

And yeah, I´m starting to think that we have exhausted all combo possibilites with Sheeva in 1v1. Which is...really really sad.

Btw, does BF3 have invulnerability frames on wake-up? Computer did it once vs me and he grabbed me out of a 2, 1, 2 string.

Edit: Did you guys know about this btw? http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4297-MK9-jump-in-glitch&p=45329#post45329

Gast

Noob
Mr. Brady said on alphaism that, presumably to the best of his knowledge, NRS wasn't planning on releasing frame data. So why don't we just hit the lab and figure that shit out for ourselves.
I´m all up for testing, but how do you figure out frame data? Gotta admit, this is actually the first fighter where I´m exploring stuff.

You can only connect the "Quad" but not the "Toss" lol.
Aaah, that sucks.