What's new

Question possible way to Whiff Mids up close and punish follow-ups or the whiff

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I was looking on some of my videos and i noticed that i was able D3 under Cage's F3 and whiff punish the follow-up thanks to the F4 crouching possibility.

after that i decided to try to repeat the feature again and i could do it some times against cage on very close and even better at some considerable range away from his knee.

Then again against rain's standing 4 string.

On my sig there is an animation showing this stuff up in battle, it was actually the very first time i noticed.

Now i'm curious to see what can easily by whiffed with D3 and punish it on time.

F333B3 is avoidable and free to punish because skarlet won't get jailed on the first mid.

Rain's 4RH is nullified and possibly full combo punishable.

I think sometimes i end up accidentally avoiding Kabal's EX ND on process.

But i need a full test, and know how viable this can be. Or might end up being another risky stuff that might get her full combo punished if miss timed.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Needs real testing. I've rarely ever seen Cage's F3 whiff when it's in range - it hits special mid, like Skarlets F4...shouldn't whiff if it's in range and fast enough.

Show us video! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Hi guys!

I've successfully made Kabal's EX ND whiff by using d3. I think I've also made Jax's DF2 special whiff and change sides over me on his wake up attacks but that's not really good since he can turn around and f414 me on reaction...

Edit: I also remember JC's EX shadow kick going over me while I was d3 spamming :p . I don't know if that's what you guys are talking about though.

AssassiN

Noob
Skarlet's D3 is one the of the best if not the best in the game together with Kenshi and Shang Tsung.

I think that D3 could be used to make certain strings whiff that are otherwise unwhiffable and/or not in our advantage.
Eddy already showed us it's possible with a string that hids mid.
Example:
Kabal's B1 hits Skarlet on crouch, D3 lowers her hitbox more than anything else making B1 whiff.
Kabal does 2+NDC, B1. There's a 4 frame hole right there where D3 can be inputted making the B1 whiff.

There should be some experimenting starting with strings that whiff on low hitbox characters but not on Skarlet.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I will put up some testing along the week Ninj, then i will definitely give my inputs and what do i feel in relation to it as well.

i think this happens due the 3D hitboxes or something.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I got under a kabal ex nomad with d3 the other day but chalked it up to online. Ive also gone under reptile force balls and raidens super man. I dont think I could ever do these consistently so I just laugh and move on when it happens on accident. With raiden and kabal you have to be close and guess when they are going to do it then get the timing perfect... just too many variables.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait whats the frames inbetween rains 4RH?, god i really need skarlet experience....but nobody online fuggin uses her!....then again with her execution, its probably shitty online anyways....:(

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
both kanos and jax xray will whiff because of the properties of some characters d3. If you can do that then that means that you can d3 kabals en nd as well

Ninj

Someone show me a video of D3ing cages f3 or kabals f4 in a tournament match and punishing consistently or this isn't worth much.

You can also f4 Kabal out of his nomad dash in theory. doing it in a tournament setting is another matter.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Someone show me a video of D3ing cages f3 or kabals f4 in a tournament match and punishing consistently or this isn't worth much.

You can also f4 Kabal out of his nomad dash in theory. doing it in a tournament setting is another matter.

Agreed, but making Jax's and Kano's X-ray whiff is a big deal IMO.

Ninj

Agreed, but making Jax's and Kano's X-ray whiff is a big deal IMO.
Not the point I'm making. It's a much bigger deal to make cage or Kabal whiff their best footsy tools. But it's only a big deal if it's reliable. See what I'm saying? Something is reliable if it can be pulled off consistently in a real match against someone of equal or better skill.

I'm not saying this is or isn't - this isn't a judgment. All I'm saying is a video of it being pulled off during real gameplay or even a video to show the margin of error, spacing, fail rate, success rate, timing of it is needed.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
Much appreciated you beasts. 10k matches with jade her d3 became second nature, then over to skar and with so much other tech, i used her d1 more for some reason. before i saw this i was practicing d3,f4 timings online and having some success, but without real competition. gonna lock it in the routines now. :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Not the point I'm making. It's a much bigger deal to make cage or Kabal whiff their best footsy tools. But it's only a big deal if it's reliable. See what I'm saying? Something is reliable if it can be pulled off consistently in a real match against someone of equal or better skill.

I'm not saying this is or isn't - this isn't a judgment. All I'm saying is a video of it being pulled off during real gameplay or even a video to show the margin of error, spacing, fail rate, success rate, timing of it is needed.

Doing this on Kabal is Suicide lol, is better to back dash away from it than just d3 up close, Kabal's F4 and Cage's F3 have a short horizontal hitbox range IMO.

This will only whiff if they try to punish from distance and a Skarlet player instintively ends up placing a D3 there, the fail rate is good enough to provoke a Whiff on that specific Range, now up close is not impossible but isn't really viable.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
confirmed really damn useful for cage. one of those whiffs that leaves cage wtfing. i donno about kabal. i like my success when jumping out or iad>out of pressure, but thats online.