What's new

General/Other Patch 1.03 Aquaman Nerf Discussion

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The only one that left me scratching my head was the scoop being more punishable...but overall I don't think this hurts him but definitely makes him less cheap with the trident rush antics after strings.

Clamper

Noob
GL has one wakeup option, and it's hella unsafe.

Are you kidding me? Isn't scoop an invincible 50 foot low?
It's not fully invincible, not that hard to stuff and useless against pressure jump ins on oki. And unsafe on block too for reversal juggle moves like lanterns might.

jimzam

Noob
Horrible? Oh please give me a break. you're clearly someone new here and doesn't understand how MUs work.

Tell that to Tom Brady who won ECT using ALL Aquaman as well as beating me and KT Smith in his pool.
thats tom brady. xD he makes any char he plays look top. mk9 sub ring a bell?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I think he meant GREAT spacing tools, VERY GOOD normals, REASONABLE bnb damage and GREAT specials.
I did say great spacing tools.

VERY good normals is pushing it....b12/3 is interuptable AND full combo punishable when done correctly betwen b1 and 2. GL's most damaging string can be neutral ducked and punished under the first and fourth hit. GL's best pressure string has no mix up option in 223...mid mid mid into machine gun? That's it. What makes his normals ANY good is the range of b1 and the fact it's a low combo starter.

Reasonable bnb damage? I have to use a bar of meter to hit low 30% and with no meter but trait activated, GL gets 21%.....TWENTY ONE PERCENT...because that's reasonable? Try again.

His specials are good because lift is a good AA but only on the right read, machine is great with trait activated, Oa Rockets can be neutral ducked and rocket power.....well is useless outside of stuffing wake ups from a distance.

Good wake ups? lmfao the only good wake up he has is LM and that is HELLA unsafe, every other option is easily stuffed.

I'm not downplaying my character, I'm being real.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
thats tom mother fn brady! he makes any char he plays look top. mk9 sub ring a bell? xD
See my avatar? You don't think I know what it takes to make a bad character look good.

Just because it's "Tom Brady" doesn't mean it can't be you as well, Brady plays the character how it should be played and has shown that Aquaman can beat any character.

Do I feel GL beats Aquaman as far as the MU goes? Yes, I feel it's a 6-4 GL but that is NOT that bad of a MU, extremely possible to overcome.

Clamper

Noob
Green Lanterns invincible wake up is unsafe but it's still an option that makes people think twice before doing anything. And you can combo out of it at the cost of 1 bar. Well it's better than being nonexistent like Aquaman thats for sure. If this game was more on the okizeme side he'd be screwed.

You forgot to mention air OA Rockets and Green Lanterns fast overhead. Not only it's fast but the animation tricks you because he seems to be in neutral position at the initial startup frames.

And yes im new to the MK/Injustice scene but it doesnt take a veteran to recognize this matchup as damn bad.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
what about killer frost safe low slide? hmmm
I am not trying to be an a-hole, but you are way overestimating KF's slide attack. Though it hits low, its very unsafe and isn't the kind of move that can be thrown out randomly and carlessly, you have to be tricky using the attack and you mainly only want to use it within a combo. her slide is easily blocked low and AM has plenty of ways to punish it, go ahead and ask how I know this? AM is one of the characters that give me the most problems. You still have a nasty overhead that can hit from almost half the screen, a hella fast mid hitting projectile, and lest we forget about that damn ground trident attack, which can do murder on zoners... Making his scoop more punishable by other characters is a balance desicion, it helps ensure other characters aren't greatly at a disadvantage vs. AM. TBH he will still play almost like he use to, now you just can't spam a scoop attack nor can you just do it alone. Reducing his chip on the rush attack was proly much needed, your blocking and no one should expect to lose that much life on one blocked attack.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
So, for people that are not so confident with combat game, that means that you have to be more careful and patient before using Scoop?
I think that's the way Aquaman have to be played.
Personally, I don't use Scoop alone but after I start to land some attack to extend the combo.
This nerf isn't so much in term of Aquaman gameplay, he's still a really good char.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Scoop being punishable literally makes 100% sense so i dunno why you would cry about that. Hes fine.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Sorry that you can't cancel every mixup into a low for another mix up now. I guess you'll have to deal with top 3 footsies, high and consistent damage, water shield and a trait that makes you ridiculously hard to combo. Man, Aquaman is going to be bottom 5 now.

Vagrant

Noob
Sorry that you can't cancel every mixup into a low for another mix up now. I guess you'll have to deal with top 3 footsies, high and consistent damage, water shield and a trait that makes you ridiculously hard to combo. Man, Aquaman is going to be bottom 5 now.
There should be a rule that if you play Adam, superman, frost, or batman you should not be able to come onto the threads and taunt people who got their char nerfed in this patch.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
There should be a rule that if you play Adam, superman, frost, or batman you should not be able to come onto the threads and taunt people who got their char nerfed in this patch.
Mofo pls, I know I play top tier. Everyone else needs to recognize. :p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
anyone else upset to see what happened to aquaman? here are changes

Aquaman

Water of Life Character Power now lasts 2 seconds (down from 2.5) and has an 8 second cool down (increased from 7 seconds)
Increased the ability to punish a Trident Scoop (Down, Back, 1) from Aquaman when the defender blocks.
Normalized the amount of damage Aquaman inflicts on an opponent while they are blocking his Trident Rush (Down, Forward + 1)

wow! aquaman got nerfed really hard with the above. his db1 special is now going to be punished by everyone and it was already punishable by a lot of chars. his trait is now weakened and its already useless vs chars like gl killer frost raven etc. they also took away the chip on trident rush so now whats the point in using it?? gj nrs another char nerfed to the ground. what happened to the no nerfs only buffs hector said?
Lmao

I'm sorry u don't get 20% chip anymore on block trident rush and have to account for being punished for going for a long range mix up

Vagrant

Noob
Lmao

I'm sorry u don't get 20% chip anymore on block trident rush and have to account for being punished for going for a long range mix up
dude... cmon...

Be happy with your buffs and quit taunting everyone who got nerfs...

Yeah I saw you in the deathstroke thread

I got my eye on you sir.....

You yellow bastard.... :p