What's new

Now that we have some distance...what do you feel was the tier list of Injustice?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Oh joy a tier list thread. We all LOVE those dont we?
Anyhow I felt that since we might all finally be far enough removed from Injustice with it being over with for so long that we may be able to more calmly and objectively list tiers for the game.

So who do you feel was in what tier? Anything in particular you feel made a character good or held someone back? Were some characters just held back because their worst matchup was a recurring top 8 high tier dude?

Chime in and lets remember the good and bad.

Here Use the Injustice Tier list Chart maker for quick drag and drop grid goodness and then post any thoughts below your image

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Honestly, I can't help but agree about Lex. He is to Injustice what Dr. Strange and Ironman was to Marvel 3 in my opinion. A character looked down upon as low tier but whose toolset is one that can really, when played correctly, shut down and overwhelm many characters who are even considered high tier. Lex had tools to make himself safe which is what Batman rode to top tier and he also had armor at his command for his moves like Bane used to nullify many strategies out there. It took careful reads and timing though to setup either with Lex meaning he was a character that wasn't easy to establish his rhythms with compared to other strongly tooled movesets.

I think Lex was under developed by the players and that had their been more dedication to him over time he would have been a recurring face out there for folks in high level matches.

I will say, I think Lex has a lot of interesting setups and tech that may not have been fully explored, especially since he was never top-tier, especially since there were better characters for fighting competitively, and also with the shitty online making a slow character less than desirable.

Still, I think I'd put him pretty close to the top. His corp charge is an amazing wakeup/counter, his j3 does 11 damage and sets the opponent quite a way back, his orbs and mines allow for some very interesting setups and mimdgames, and his shield all too often makes the difference in winning a match, when the other player banks on getting their first hit in and i fails.

Plus, I absolutely love playing scorpion players, who just don't learn and keep teleporting right into my axe.

For Lex at least...Players I seem to have an easy time beating: Grundy, Scorpion, Wonder Woman, Bane, Lobo, Catwoman, Hawkgirl, Ares, Raven, Harley, Killer Frost

Players where matches seem equal(online at least: Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Batman, Superman, Black Adam, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Doomsday, Zod

Players who I can beat, but it is quite the challenge to do so(when facing a good player at least), Sinestro, Green Latnern, Flash

Characters I have the most trouble with as Lex: Deathstroke, Zatanna, Batgirl. That's it.

I hope IGAU2, if it exists, does not change the characters or their styles of play too much.
did this guy just say Zod vs lex was even? That might've been the worst matchup in the game.

Why?

I haven't had the chance to play any real highlevel zods, so I'm limited by who I have been able to play, but...I generally don't have a problem with zod. I can get past his guns(much easier than other characters with guns/projectiles), Lex's corp charge often matches or wins out over Zod's equivalent, and I can read him better than a lot of characters, so my block and punish game is pretty good with Zod. I don't find his trait too much of a bother either, since Lex's tools can deal with that pretty decently...

Why was it considered one of the worst matchups?
Watch that and tell me it isn't painful to even look at.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Why?

I haven't had the chance to play any real highlevel zods, so I'm limited by who I have been able to play, but...I generally don't have a problem with zod. I can get past his guns(much easier than other characters with guns/projectiles), Lex's corp charge often matches or wins out over Zod's equivalent, and I can read him better than a lot of characters, so my block and punish game is pretty good with Zod. I don't find his trait too much of a bother either, since Lex's tools can deal with that pretty decently...

online doesn't factor considering people online are scrubs

Second

Yoaks

A spaceman
Why?

"This isn't Injustice! This Zod ball!"

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
MMH and Batgirl were broken as shit and GL had like 8 losing matchups and was mid tier trash but i still smashed with him :D
next game im playing Jason and/or whoever is top tier #tierlist

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yes, there a lot of scrubs, but also many very skilled players, which is only growing as people switch from PS3 to PS4....When you get a PS4, then I'll take into your account of the PS4 community...till then...

And yeah, I'm familiar with that video. Thing is, from how early in the game is that? I wouldn't be surprised if that video was before the final version of the game...

Is aw another video of early when Zod was released, where someone was exploiting a glitch where he basically had unlimited heat vision. Guess what, that was fixed also....
That was the last version of the game. Zod vs. Lex was arguably 9-1 lol.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
No need to be condescending. I'm familiar with the videos others posted. I think those videos were from earlier in the games life. I'd have to do more researtch (not now...its 3am and I have to be up in 4 hours...damn TYM) but I'm curious a)what month those matches happened in) and b) how many more patches the game had after, and specifically any changes to Zod...
Not being condescending. Sorry if I came off that way, I was actually trying to be funny. Zod-Lex was (probably) the unanimous worst MU in the game.

S mmh batgirl zod aquaman
A+ flash wonder woman bane sinestro black adam superman batman hawkgirl
A deathstroke killer frost raven lobo green lantern nightwing doomsday
B+ Harley, lex, zatanna, grundy, catwoman
B ares, green arrow, shazam, cyborg, scorpion
B- joker

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
S mmh batgirl zod aquaman
A+ flash wonder woman bane sinestro black adam superman batman hawkgirl
A deathstroke killer frost raven lobo green lantern nightwing doomsday
B+ Harley, lex, zatanna, grundy, catwoman
B ares, green arrow, shazam, cyborg, scorpion
B- joker
Hadn't arrived to the Injustice scene until I got the game on PS4 where it was practically dead. What made Joker so low tier?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Here's pretty much how I think the characters fell.

S+
MMH, AM, BG, Flash

S
Zod, Sinestro, WW, Bane, SM

A +
BM, DS, Raven, GL, KF, BA

A
DD, NW, CW, Lobo, Zatanna, HG

B
HQ, LL, GA, Joker, SG, Shazam

C
Scorpion, Ares, Cyborg

------------------------------------------

S+
No losing matchups.

S
Only 1 or two losing matchups. Certain matchups completely dominate other members of the cast.

A+
Viable characters however have several losing matchups.

A
Viable for most matchups but have at least one matchup that is very bad.

B
Niche characters good at certain matchups, secondary generally required for competitive play.

C
Characters with several flaws and multiple bad matchups. Not viable for competitive play.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
MMH
Aquaman
Zod
Batgirl
Flash
Superman
Sinestro
Bane
Who cares after that lol

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
WW, DS, Raven, GL, KF, BA

Were all definitely still viable. After that it gets murky with some characters being decent with certain terrible matchups.
Not to be a dick but it's hard to follow you when you're using these abbreviations and I don't know which characters you mean lol. I get Wonder Woman, Deathstroke and Green Lantern, but KF and BA?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It's simple, watch the top8 from the last tournaments before the game died and you'll see everyone using the broken stuff.

Also Bane S tier rofl, after all this years and still upplaying the shit out of him.
Mid tier at best, pls buff ffs piece of shit broken MMHBatgirl 10-0 matchups.