What's new

Nomad Dash Cancel Strategy

Lulzlou

Noob
Why can you do more?
what he is trying to say is anyone can be a training mode warrior. I made myself look like shit at Flawless Victory because I couldn't do anything on a laggy monitor. That is all my fault for not being used to the lag and not double checking if it was on 720p. I accept what happened and will do better next* time.

But seriously I suck with kabal. This is my second month using him. One on pad and the other on hitbox. Picking up the hitbox made me struggle and still is. It was like day 1 pad kabal all over again. Sorry about the video, its 5am and didn't care about speed or doing anything fancy.

Yes, I can play both pad and hitbox.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Lulzlou is my hero of the day...

2, NDC-repetitions in trainingmode don´t mean a lot. Even I can do quite a few of them on hitbox and I am not any good... :) Besides if you manage to pull off 20 consecutive 2, NDCs (20% chipdamage) and fail just once, it doesn´t pay off. You can easily get punished with a full combo (around 35% damage).

SonicKaballs

Kaballin' since June 2011
what he is trying to say is anyone can be a training mode warrior. I made myself look like shit at Flawless Victory because I couldn't do anything on a laggy monitor. That is all my fault for not being used to the lag and not double checking if it was on 720p. I accept what happened and will do better next* time.

But seriously I suck with kabal. This is my second month using him. One on pad and the other on hitbox. Picking up the hitbox made me struggle and still is. It was like day 1 pad kabal all over again. Sorry about the video, its 5am and didn't care about speed or doing anything fancy.

Yes, I can play both pad and hitbox.
Lol I cant even judge the speed you're doing everything. But I must say thats some pretty high quality for a potato.

SonicKaballs

Oh wait, you're saying since you do them for a similar amount of time they automatically are performed on just frames -____- lmfao,

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
Oh wait, you're saying since you do them for a similar amount of time they automatically are performed on just frames -____- lmfao,
No, I wasn't saying they were automatically performed on just frames, I was saying they were performed on just frames. You question my ability to do just frames, but I have just as much cause to be skeptical about your claim that you can "safely say" all your 2 NDCs are performed on just frames. Just because it looks like they were performed on just frames, that doesn't mean they were - you didn't give us a full slo-mo 60fps recording and go through with a frame counter to show us you didn't drop any links by a frame or two. I give you the benefit of the doubt that your 2 NDCs are performed on just frames, but you seem unable to do the same with anybody else unless it's somebody like REO.

But guess what? Being able to do something in training mode is actually pretty mediocre unless you're contributing a new technique to the knowledge base or busting open the known limits of execution. You didn't do either with your first 2 NDC video. You have a very high opinion of yourself considering you're a training mode warrior. That's why I found your smugness that you're awesome funny - the reality is you're not doing anything most dedicated Kabals won't have learned to do. I'm not a dedicated Kabal, I am crap at the game, but even I was able to sit down at one point for a couple of days and with some practice grind out a very large series of 2 NDCs that for all intents and purposes could legitimately be called just frames. It's not an alien concept to me as I can do just frames in other games, and it's not something I can't technically do because I can do demanding techniques in other games, plus I'm a musician and have naturally strong rhythm and good finger co-ordination at high speed. This doesn't make me awesome or give me any reason to be smug, it means I can do one particular technique. Wow. How incredible.

We're both mediocre, but the difference is that I don't have a smugly over-inflated opinion of myself like you do.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I usually mix up a barrage of F+3 NDC, B+1NDC, F+32 NDC, 11b4 NDC, B+12 NDC, d+3 NDC, the occasional 2 NDC and a lot of naked low pokes in between if the opponent isn't making a clear attempt at jumping out. I'm kinda predictible in that I will go for a F+4 only if I'm ending in a 50/50 mixup. I don't like F+4 at all, it feels like it ends my pressure game.

Lulzlou

Noob
This thread turned into "look how big my pee pee is" if all of u guys think you're so bad ass by doing 2x2x2...why dont you show a video where u pull it out in a match....
My videos were meant to be a joke because of how he was putting himself out there with the ndc. I can actually prove I can do them in a match regardless though lol.

+1 for musician kabal players :)
I am a musician kabal player :3. Maybe thats why I can do a lot of his stuff without messing up lol. But that doesn't mean I never practice. I've been practicing everyday since mid feb and the least amount of time I spent in one day is 4hours. I'm that dedicated.

SonicKaballs

No, I wasn't saying they were automatically performed on just frames, I was saying they were performed on just frames. You question my ability to do just frames, but I have just as much cause to be skeptical about your claim that you can "safely say" all your 2 NDCs are performed on just frames. Just because it looks like they were performed on just frames, that doesn't mean they were - you didn't give us a full slo-mo 60fps recording and go through with a frame counter to show us you didn't drop any links by a frame or two. I give you the benefit of the doubt that your 2 NDCs are performed on just frames, but you seem unable to do the same with anybody else unless it's somebody like REO.

But guess what? Being able to do something in training mode is actually pretty mediocre unless you're contributing a new technique to the knowledge base or busting open the known limits of execution. You didn't do either with your first 2 NDC video. You have a very high opinion of yourself considering you're a training mode warrior. That's why I found your smugness that you're awesome funny - the reality is you're not doing anything most dedicated Kabals won't have learned to do. I'm not a dedicated Kabal, I am crap at the game, but even I was able to sit down at one point for a couple of days and with some practice grind out a very large series of 2 NDCs that for all intents and purposes could legitimately be called just frames. It's not an alien concept to me as I can do just frames in other games, and it's not something I can't technically do because I can do demanding techniques in other games, plus I'm a musician and have naturally strong rhythm and good finger co-ordination at high speed. This doesn't make me awesome or give me any reason to be smug, it means I can do one particular technique. Wow. How incredible.

We're both mediocre, but the difference is that I don't have a smugly over-inflated opinion of myself like you do.
Please dont take what I first posted the wrong way. I was just simply showcasing my 2~NDC's as the only videos I've seen doing 2~NDC were from REO and Master D. I do not base my skill from what I can do in practice mode at all, nor do I have an over-inflated opinion about myself and how good I am. I saw this was a Nomad Dash Cancel Strategy thread and by posting that video I intended to showcase what I was capable of in terms of the block infinite and attempting to perform them on just frames. I think we took each others posts the wrong way and I apologize for anything else that I did..

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
No worries man, you have no need to apologise. (Plus I know I often come across as abrupt.)

R0bot1cColumbus

Cybernetic Conquistador
My videos were meant to be a joke because of how he was putting himself out there with the ndc. I can actually prove I can do them in a match regardless though lol.

I am a musician kabal player :3. Maybe thats why I can do a lot of his stuff without messing up lol. But that doesn't mean I never practice. I've been practicing everyday since mid feb and the least amount of time I spent in one day is 4hours. I'm that dedicated.
I hear all that. I worry sometimes that Kabal's going to cause me to get carpal tunnel in my right wrist and not be able to play guitar anymore lol

SonicKaballs

No worries man, you have no need to apologise. (Plus I know I often come across as abrupt.)
It was my mistake of saying that they were just frames, I didn't read it over and was really exciting when posting it because when comparing to footage with someone such as REO I came close. I knew your first reply had a sarcastic tone to it as I myself am very sarcastic/trolly.

If you wanna get some matches in I'd be glad to, just send me a fried request on PSN.

And if you dont have PS3..then, ummm..........well this is .. awkward.