What's new

Breakthrough - Tanya New Tanya Teleport Meta

Jack Ashe

Jaded
i'm saying the cancellable tele recovery frames aren't great when you have to pray your opponent doesnt react to the the whole teleport animation, and falling down from outer space thing. you can just let a d2 rip at worst and risk getting hit by a drill, which im sure someone will tell me now her air 5050s are too gdlk.

cancellable tele recovery frames are great when you back tele, not for pressure
Tanya has pressure?

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
Can someone explain to me what's changed, I don't play Tanya, if she could already cancel into her Rekka does this just mean she's exactly the same with slightly more chip and meter build off it?

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
This is so getting
Kitana float mixups exist when she has xray
Also yes this tech adds new Yomi! You are so quick to punish but then she has already recovered and is in the process if hitting you with b1!
You can walk back backdash etc but i can commit to an overhead tele cancel OR armor you!
N
Kitana float mixups exist when she has xray
Also yes this tech adds new Yomi! You are so quick to punish but then she has already recovered and is in the process if hitting you with b1!
You can walk back backdash etc but i can commit to an overhead tele cancel OR armor you!
This is so getting nerfed...

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
so as if it wasn't enough that tanya has one of the fastest, safest, best meter building and chip dealing strings, armoured 50/50's on wakeup one of which launches, 50/50's from the air , a projectile with hitstun that might as well freeze the opponent, teleport cancels, advancing normals, armour breaking armoured wakeup etc etc but now she basically can cancel her teleports or execute the teleport and cancel the landing frames into a normal/special, lol. if she wasn't so stupidly easy to use it wouldn't be so bad but she's too brain dead to have as many options as she does.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
This seems to be of the same principle as when people found out you could cancel landing from teleport into teleport. Is this the same concept just with other buttons or is there something more to it? Just press whatever you want when landing from tele?

To anyone: What's stopping me from doing something if you let yourself land and don't press an air normal? Aren't Tanya teleports considered extremely punishable? (I don't play many Tanyas) Say if you do teleport, ji3xxTeleport (Gap) land. What's stopping me from doing something where I put "(Gap)".

EDIT: Noticed there were some parts in the video where *Maybe* b1 string cancelled into Teleport put you too far. Isn't that punishable? Like just plain no frills oh shit punishable?

Actually can I just backdash or jump too? Seems like the air normal after a string cancelled into teleport isn't a blockstring. Really wish I faced one of these offline.
land from tele> wait a micro second and hit a button.

Think of it like an empty jump. Tanya would rely on conditioning to take advantage of the opponent respecting an air move and is trying to capitalize on that with land>pressure instead of J2 or an air special. There isn't anything guaranteed (maybe drill if you have no meter) after tele Tanya's just bullying you cause you weren't ready.

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
A gimmick is somethin where everyone's definition is different. Same with footsies. Show me 10 different videos of people actively punishing tanyas teleports and I'll continue reading stuff you have to say.
you're not going to punish tanya teleport from a jip because the frame data always change depending on how high you are. only one char can do it 100% of the time for free is cassie.

ESP-_BLACK

Think of it like an empty jump. Tanya would rely on conditioning to take advantage of the opponent respecting an air move and is trying to capitalize on that with land>pressure instead of J2 or an air special. There isn't anything guaranteed (maybe drill if you have no meter) after tele Tanya's just bullying you cause you weren't ready.
nothing guaranteed from a string into a teleport

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
When are you on again? You never seem to be on again and I'd like some to get matches against Takeda and whoever else you play now.

Monday and Tuesday nights from like 10pm - 4am those are my nights off.

I'm normally on every other day i dont have off from around 6am - 8am

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
you're not going to punish tanya teleport from a jip because the frame data always change depending on how high you are. only one char can do it 100% of the time for free is cassie.
Then explain the me how this is a gimmick if people aren't actively punishing your other options.

Let's take snake eyez from street fighter for example. A strategy he is famous for is whiffing sweep and then command grabbing the button his opponent tries to whiff punish with. There are few people who are able to active whiff punish sweep, and with those people he would use crouching light kick directly into EX command grab (which is invincible).

This strategy is for people who DONT ACTIVELY punish teleport, and for the ones who do, Tanya is still able to cancel into EX rekka for the armor upon landing.

It's not useless, nor do I believe it's a gimmick.

Example:

Tanya does f2 canceled into back teleport, the opponent attempts running in to either punish or evoke pressure. Upon landing Tanya does ex rekka and punishes the run in.

The next time, the opponent expects the EX rekka and blocks out of respect. Tanya cancels landing into grab, successfully grabbing the opponent.

If this is truely a gimmick and won't work against people who can defend against it... Then everything in this game is a gimmick.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

So if Tanya does b1 string into teleport, is the following ji1or2or3or4 a block string? If there is no blockstring after b1 string (or any string) cancelling into teleport, then can I just punish this? If I can't punish it with a button then can I just backdash or jump to go back to neutral? I'm guessing with that last option she could read a backdash or jump with something. What about the times Sonic fox cancelled into teleport and was to far to do anything?

Monday and Tuesday nights from like 10pm - 4am those are my nights off.

I'm normally on every other day i dont have off from around 6am - 8am
Damn. Alright then, some random monday or tuesday we'll fight then.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
who even does back teleport in pressure. use the example in the video at least. Pryce have you even labbed the tech? you can easily just block wait if she does a normal or if she lands and adjust accordingly. block the air normal and shes at -frames or you can hit her before she lands and cancels into whatever

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Basically, empty teleport = empty jump, if you were to describe what's going on. Any time you do teleport into air normal, you get penalized with recovery frames on landing (unless the normal hits). If you do ex tele > normal > tele > land, that counts as an empty teleport, so no recovery, but she is still like -12.

@Shyyzmm is right though that it has a massive gap and is punishable with d2 by like everyone. She can drill, but that would be risky and still has a gap.

I do think it has it's uses with her pressure game and her runaway game, so it would be dumb not to add it to your repertoire occasionally. I'm sure Fox will make good use of this and catch people off guard with it.

ESP-_BLACK

Then explain the me how this is a gimmick if people aren't actively punishing your other options.

Let's take snake eyez from street fighter for example. A strategy he is famous for is whiffing sweep and then command grabbing the button his opponent tries to whiff punish with. There are few people who are able to active whiff punish sweep, and with those people he would use crouching light kick directly into EX command grab (which is invincible).

This strategy is for people who DONT ACTIVELY punish teleport, and for the ones who do, Tanya is still able to cancel into EX rekka for the armor upon landing.

It's not useless, nor do I believe it's a gimmick.

Example:

Tanya does f2 canceled into back teleport, the opponent attempts running in to either punish or evoke pressure. Upon landing Tanya does ex rekka and punishes the run in.

The next time, the opponent expects the EX rekka and blocks out of respect. Tanya cancels landing into grab, successfully grabbing the opponent.

If this is truely a gimmick and won't work against people who can defend against it... Then everything in this game is a gimmick.
see the whole thing about this tech is TANYA IS IN THE AIR NEXT TO YOU. you can AA her, armor her on the way down the gimmick is to land and press b1 or to ex rekka to catch people who didnt punish her before she lands thats the whole gimmick! now doing the ex teleport might have some use but you mind as well toss the ex tanfa

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Pretty sick, I thought she only got the -10 on her teleport into jip. Didnt realise it was cancelling the recovery, just thought she had barely any when you do empty teleports, tough game!

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Lmao at the salt in the whole "He said/She said" crowd. Well the tech might better in Sonic's hands anyway. Kudos to all those tech finders! Everyone's a winner here in my books. :)