What's new

Motaro

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The 2 things I'm most eager to test are A) how fast and viable is his teleport, and B) how quickly do you recover after activating his triple projectile.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
If the teleport is anything like kameo kung lao, it might serve as a combo extender, which would exponentially increase motaro's usefulness

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
If the teleport is anything like kameo kung lao, it might serve as a combo extender, which would exponentially increase motaro's usefulness
We know for a fact that it does work as a combo extender for Shao, as it allows him to combo off of his standing overhead, which he normally can't do outside of finishing the string.

How well that will work with other characters, though...we'll have to wait and see. Especially since Motaro's apparently unlockable for some god-forsaken reason.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Motaro TP looking a bit underrated. In the recent KK, Shao did his overhead swing and called Motaro and it looked like it canceled the move's recovery.

I cant wait to see how that can be abused.

Plop

Noob
Has anyone experimented much with the teleport? I can't find too many instances where you can continue comboing from it. So far it's just the Shao overhead and Reptile's acid spit

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Any squence break you might like.. for example with Ashara you can do you stance switch, teleport. You get the new stance, but insta cast instead of that super slow unsafe animation. Many other uses, for example you can break out of throws. So throw, teleport and then go into full combo as you are free and they are sill recovering from throw animations.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Motaro also changes the animation of FBs. Its use allows it to be connected to combos and strings, which otherwise would have been impossible to do.

Post edited.

Last edited:

SixPathsOfHate

Has anyone experimented much with the teleport? I can't find too many instances where you can continue comboing from it. So far it's just the Shao overhead and Reptile's acid spit
Geras gets a free time stop
Edit: Side note, the game doesnt update frame data after teleport for some ungodly reason. I'm on PC
Motaro teleport counts as a hit. It
Motaro lets you combo after:
  1. Scorpion ground fire but it is hella negative on block even with TP
  2. Kitana Fan toss. On block fullscreen its plus enough to get a D1.
  3. Mileena Straight Sai on hit. Awful on block
  4. Rain full charge Water Beam can be confirmed into. On block fullscreen its plus enough to get a D1.
  5. Kung Lao buzzsaw and Hat Throw can be comboed after. Hat throw with 1 and Buzzsaw with B2. On block, buzzsaw at fullscreen its plus enough to get a D1. Hat throw is negative
Just looking at what Motaro brings and the varying weaknesses of the cast, I think Liu Kang is easily one of his best teammates.
  • Low dragon+teleport is a full combo on hit and jails into B2 if you're 1 backdash away from fullscreen.
  • Fullscreen Cosmic Flame+teleport is safe on block and combos on hit.
  • Throw is a full combo and you can choose what side you want to end on depending on the time you do the teleport.
  • Reflect makes your already good zoning better.
  • Turret lasts for a long time. Turns your grab into a combo in the corner.
  • Motaro low fireball can be used to mix with 32. In the corner Motaro Low fireball can be comboed with a D1 into full combo but it is strict. The move itself is +3 so they can contesting your B2 unless they armor.
  • Same with Kung Lao TP, you will still teleport even on hit so might be useful when doing unsafe shit
  • Motaro makes it easier to combo into your FB since he just does a really fast punch if you press assist

Last edited:

Plop

Noob
Any squence break you might like.. for example with Ashara you can do you stance switch, teleport. You get the new stance, but insta cast instead of that super slow unsafe animation. Many other uses, for example you can break out of throws. So throw, teleport and then go into full combo as you are free and they are sill recovering from throw animations.
Do you know any examples of any throws this works on? I tried with Baraka and couldn't get anything going

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Not necessarily because its a callout. I'm reacting to Scorpion's spear and I'm getting hit on purpose, the reason being Motaro will teleport me out of the animation, knock Scorpion down and put me right behind him as he's standing up.
hmmm gotcha. Still, you get out of a combo AND get free pressure apparantly, good stuff :cool:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Some interesting stuff. Idk if this is because I use a hitbox and it has something to do with the sodc cleaning, but if you hold down and call Motaro you get Tail Turret, if you hold back and press Motaro you get the Shield. But if you hold down and back with Motaro you get teleport. Why does this matter? Because you can call Motaro, while crouch blocking, letting you get out of certain pressure situations, especially with my recent discovery that Motaro will actually pull you out of hitstun. This needs to be tested more for actual applications, but the theory is solid so far.

Can anyone tell me why Motaro's reflect will sometime reflect back Kung Lao Kameo's low hat projectile, but sometimes it will just completely go through it?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Can anyone tell me why Motaro's reflect will sometime reflect back Kung Lao Kameo's low hat projectile, but sometimes it will just completely go through it?
I never really tested it but I think the hit box moves up and down, you can see Motaro do this especially on the longer version of reflect. IIRC, I think it reflects if you do it instant. I remember reflecting in in match. Liu's low fireball is like this too.

Try practicing it and timing it to see if you can at least get it consistent on reaction

SixPathsOfHate

You think that's fucked. Try reflecting Sektor's homing rocket. The entire field becomes a land mine

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

finally someone with street cred is backing up what I have been saying for months and getting laughed at for.