What's new

Mortal Kombat Deadly Insurrection - MKDA Tribute Video

G

NukesGoBoom, with help from Juggernaut, JFCalibur88, Konqrr, and Sub-Zero_7th, has released a 1 hour 4 minute video dedicated to Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. It is hosted at Konqrr.net so check it out! http://www.konqrr.net/MKDA

dreemernj

Ambassador
That is a pretty huge vid. Konqrr, do you think you'll be able to keep it available on your site at that filesize?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Site is still up! LoL

I have not had any bandwidth issues with this site...it tells me every month that i am exceeding, but I am not ever shut down. Going on 2 years this way.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
delta webhost has something screwey on Darktemplarz.com, that every single file you download, no matter if you DL 1% or 100% of it, it's a full download. They can't or won't fix it, so they just don't monitor the usage anymore apparently. I haven't been able to convince them to give us the extra gig of space back though...

wow, front page news, what an honor, thank you!!!!!!! i had some information as well:

Today I bring you what is yet the longest Mortal Kombat tribute video ever made. I started this project as a simple combo video, but it evolved into something much deeper and meaningful. The glittering jewel known as Mortal Kombat 5: Deadly Alliance changed my life in more ways that I could hope to imagine. I knew from the first day that I played it, I had to express my love for the game beyond just posting about how I enjoyed it and who the coolest character was. The artistic and aesthetic beauty of the model and level design, as well as the balanced, fast, and fun gameplay exposed me to a universe that I had never thought possible.

I would like to thank my partners on this project, Juggernaut, JFCalibur88, Konqrr, for contributing videos and support, and ultimately having faith in this movie. And also Sub-Zero_7th, who perhaps has a deeper knowledge about this game than any other person alive, lol.

I must thank Konqrr again, HUGE ADMIRATION for hosting this video directly on his site... TRUELY a king amongst men....

Here are the technical details and features of the movie:

-Highest yet discovered open air and wall combos for every character
-Custom music track for almost every character, over 30 music tracks are used
-mix up games/effect pokes and sweeps used in a interesting and hilarious fashion in match fights
-Intense matches featuring all characters on every arena
-PLAY AS MOLOCH VIDEOS!!! AW YEAH!!
-Easter Egg material as well as Test your sight max/Test your might diamond break
-Glitch/bug/exploit material... some of this stuff has to be seen to be believed!
-Much, much more... you will have to see it for yourself!!!

I have tested this video in the following media players and have found it to be fully functional with no problems:

Media Player Classic
VLC player
Windows Media Player

So I recommend that you use one of those media players to watch the video.

Length: 1 Hour, 4 Minutes, 46 Seconds
Size: 412 MB
Video: XVID 640x480 30 fps .avi
Audio: 128 kbps Constant Bitrate MP3

Download link:

http://konqrr.net/MKDA/

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just a few things to quell any questions about the vid.

The throwing is blockable, but a tactic on the CPU and how dumb it is.

Bo puke puddle after combo is an infinite.
Frost ground freeze after slide is an infinite.
Drahmin backdash ground pound juggle is an infinite.
Kitana fan lift is a time infinite.
Sonya kiss is limited and can only be used as many times as you saw in the vid.
Scorpion's shove and hellfire is only a 50/50 tactic as they can jump cancel forward to avoid the hellfire, but in doing so set themselves up for a spear that catches them in the air.

If you want to play without the various gameplay aspects you don't like, discuss it with your opponent. Otherwise don't make up rules to have a "Special Olympics" session of the game, it's lame.

http://sirlin.net

thats true i should add some information about this.

konqrr is absolutely right.the quan chi and nitara throws are blockable, therefore not infinites, but the maximum cpu has a problem blocking them, and since MKDA is not online, the CPU idiocy is quite noteworthy. the li mei throw, klock kick, throw, is another example, you can see the computer block the kartwheel and then try to attack, but li mei is able to throw before most strikes connect.

the sonya kiss of death is actually a time infinite i believe. konqrr says that it can only be done the amount of times that i showed in the video, but what surprised me was that he believes the kitana fan lift to be an infinite, i can only do that exactly 5 times before it doesnt work anymore... so i personally think the sonya kiss of death is the time infinite, and the kitana fan lift is the one that can only be used a limited number of times. try it out and tell me what you find!

about cyrax, the 11,b1,cs, close bomb, throw after explosion is not blockable, but it doesnt do as much damage as we though at first. the clip you see in the video was only included like that because the model screwed up so i left it in there. i actually grab scorpion before the bomb goes off.

lets have a discussion on de-interlacing. there are many methods but 2 of the most popular are interpolated and blending fields. the method i used for this video, and should not have, is the interpolated method. here, the frames are 'averaged' and the motion is sharp but you lose the smoothness of the action.

the 'blend fields together' is what i should have done, it keeps the motion smooth but it slightly blurs the video, however you can apply a sharpen filter to counter this effect. all videos i do from now on will feature blend fields de-interlacing.

the video features interpolated de-interlacing, the action is sharp but not as fluid because the frames are 'averaged'. i should have used 'blend frames together' and the action would have looked smoother.

i know it kills me inside : ( one little mistake like that.

also, i uploaded the lucia de lammemor and the diva dance song for you guys

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/48999/Fith Element - Full Opera Mix.mp3

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I see about the Kitana fan lift limitations. I just saw it in the vid and assumed you got it inf!

Guess not.

i cant get it past 5 lifts, however the sonya kiss i believe i can get it more than what i showed. i have not tried to get it as much as possible because i didnt want to show that many, like more than 10 would be boring you know?

also about the li mei throw cpu idiocy, maybe that went on too long? lol.

the drahmin infinite, it seems to do less damage over time, so its kinda like a time infinite because after enough attacks, it does 0%.

MKDInsurrection codec error

Hey guys! Just wondering if I could get some "tech" support here... I'm trying to watch the new "MKDInsurrection" video, but my player say that it encountered an error when trying to download the proper codec. What is the codec I need to view this movie file?

Thanks for any help! :D

Anthony

hey Anthony! you just need the xvid codec installed to watch this movie. xvid is an open source of divx and it better than both divx and wmv encoding. install this codec pack here:

http://free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

after installing this, you should be able to watch the movie in windows media player, if you like to use that player.

let me know how that works out for you.

tom brady posting:

hmmm lots of the stuff in that vid looks familiar. sure woulda been nice if the person who discivored lots of that stuff and made in known got some credit.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Bill I will check your validation status now, I don't know why you never your email. No one ever mentioned to me that you had a part in the video, I'm going to ask the other people involved what's up with that, other than that, leave that stuff to PMs and IMs.

i didnt actually help in making that vid but LOTS of that stuff was made known by me. i mean if u r going to make a vid and have stuff that i discovered at least add me to the thanks or credits.

i also would like to say that i am kinda disappointed with this vid. lots of the stuff in the vid arent even possible. like when they do a branch and then back dash and ss then combo, or impale, etc.. thats not possible at all. #1 u cant ss like that because of the "universal tracking" method i discovered and #2 u can interrupt ALL branches after the second hit besides quan chi 111 so there is no chance to branch to a safe point where u can back dash cancel.

besides that theres lots of stuff left out. showing the jump cancel glitch, kanos double branch with jump cancel, jaxs inescapeable ground pound glitch, super fast power and life up with jump cancel glitch, lots of setups off of a landed branch when u cut it short especially with hsu hao, etc etc etc.

basically, MKDA was a lot more then branch combos but you'll never get that idea from this vid.

your audacity is astonishing.

i was going to apologize and say 'sorry you didnt enjoy the video' but im not going to give you the satisfaction. how can you just come in here and claim you found everything and that you suddenly deserve tons of credit and an award for your courage and valor, etc??

you say that i left some things out. perhaps i did, and it looks to be all of your stuff, such as kanos double branch with jump cancel, etc. maybe thats why you dont recieve any mention, hmm?

and lets see...

1.you didnt submit any videos to me

2.you didnt contact and try to help me in anyway

3.you didnt offer webspace as the king himself konqrr did

4.you didnt even post in the threads i had in MKO at all. this project was announced a full 4 months before its completion. if you had posted your findings i would have included them with your own page of credit in the credits. in fact i never knew you existed up to this point.

oh, and i did show the super fast taunt glitch. its in jax's part against nitara.

all of the combos i did were against the maximum difficulty cpu. the cpu is stupid, granted thats true, so i tried to make it interesting to watch. its unfortunate you disagree. no video will please everyone. i ultimately chose entertainment over truth.

you say that you can interrupt all branches after the second hit, so how would this video be if i left out EVERY SINGLE branch combo? maybe you dont understand how a video needs to flow. i made some mistakes but taking a sh|t was not one of them.

i forgot sonya's TKD, thats true. still angry at myself for that.

i showed alot of branch combos because my general aim was a combo video.

final note, i tried my best, and the fact that you just barge in here wanting total credit for things i had either found myself, or accepted as common knowledge (either because i had read it on many different websites or one of my partners told me) is hilarious.

when u say i didnt post in any of you rthreads on MKO thats a joke cuz i posted all this stuff in HUGE strat threads that i made to help players learn the game. the fact that i didnt make 2 posts for everything so i could post again in your threads is not valid.

stuff I discovered and made known that u have in your vid:

jax's 59% combo
BRC infinite
frost infinite

is there any credit to the one who found it and posted it and let everyone INCLUDING midway know about it? no.

all i was saying was a SMALL mention would have been nice. and no i dont think i am someone who deserves tons of credit and an award for your courage and valor but i figured out almost everything in that game FIRST then made in known so a SMALL credit would have been nice. never said i wanted TONS of credit at all because i didnt actually help make the vid in any way.

also want to say that i'm not saying that i discovered 100% of everything cuz konqrr also discovered things in MKDA as well.

nukesgoboom said:
final note, i tried my best, and the fact that you just barge in here wanting total credit for things i had either found myself, or accepted as common knowledge (either because i had read it on many different websites or one of my partners told me) is hilarious.
in case u forget please remember that i never said i wanted total credit or even a lot of credit.

I'm not really into the DA scene, but I would just like to say I never have seen any affiliation with 'Tom Brady' and this game like I have with juggernaut and konqrr. That might just be luck, but that's why I had the same impression as nukesgoboom.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Bill (Tom Brady) is one of, if not the foremost authority on MKDA. You might know him as MKLegend.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Everything Tom Brady said is true. Please don't flame.

I also wanted the jump cancels in the vid, but it was not my vid. I liked it, but TB is right. When it comes to MKDA, TB is the authority.

OK, like I said, it was luck and I didnt mean any disrespect, just a different view.

Tom Brady said:
Shock said:
Don't want this crap on my site guys
i agree so i'll drop it.
There's nothing to drop. You made your point clearly, anything else would be repitition. Anouncing that your dropping it serves no purpose cus it makes you look like you still think your right leaving room for more arguing. You won. You could atleast compliment the video cus you haven't said anything nice yet.