What's new

General/Other - Demolition MKXL 1.12 Demolition Sonya

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Just did a little testing in practice mode.

The negative edge reload combos still work, but the damage has been nerfed. Previously, if you went for max damage (using all 6 grenades), you could get 53%. Now it's 43%. Oki setups and all that jazz still obviously work, so I'm ok with a damage nerf on her max 6-grenade combos.

Grenades do not bounce off ANY walls. There is no bouncing at all, just like in beta.

ex-DD1 does NOT always drop 3 grenades like in beta. It is back how it used to be. (Drops one grenade for every grenade missing from Sonya's leg.)

Reactions: Jer

Dedlock

Noob
The 10% shave might seem excessive but I think it balances out with a slightly faster reload and not losing the grenades if you get hit whilst reloading.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
So, i finally got some time in with Demo after the patch.

Undocumented changes

- Recovery time from throwing grenades has been reduced significantly
- Recovery time from B4 on hit has been increased slightly.
- Hitbox on grenades from EX Grenade call has been greatly increased
- When using EX grenade call, normally thrown grenades on the screen regardless of the position you have thrown them will detonate when the cooldown on drone ends. After detonation, you will be able to reload (Drop an ex grenade call midscreen for 2 bombs, sweep, throw your 3rd grenade. you will see what i mean)
- It is no longer possible to use input buffer with this character
- Change Added 3/4 - If you throw a grenade and Negative edge another grenade, they will both detonate at the same time, regardless of whether you activate or not
- Change Added 3/4 - Recovery time on EX Grenade call has reduced been by about 5 frames

There are some other things i believe have changed but i cant confirm yet, once i have some more spare time i will update. For example, im pretty sure EX Grenade call recovery has been reduced by a good amount of frames. it feels very noticeable.

It is still possible to do 50% combos for 1 bar in the corner from either starter and all 3 grenades, midscreen 41% for 1 bar and 2 grenades.

Last edited:

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Got another hour or so in last night

Confirmed that EX Reload recovery has been pretty significantly reduced. you could previously use it pre-patch to jail in the corner off of B1 as well as D4 into some disgusting frame traps and very high looping chip ala DF liu kang on stages with walls, (thats over now, damn you NRS) but now you can use it midscreen. for example

B332xxEX grenade call on hit leaves you at about +15, letting you go for 50/50 again
B332xxEX grenade call on BLOCK is +5 to +7 depending on distance from opponent (If i remember, 112xxEX is also + on block as well). This makes it so that you can jail opponents so that they cannot jump, but have exactly 1 frame to armor. on block, B332xxEX grenade call, 121F4 (or 222) is unsafe, but does exactly 10% chip

Please note: I am not recommending you use this setup, i am just providing an example of she can do.

@ESP-_BLACK , Starter into stun, EX reload, 4, 4xxStun, NJP, 4xxStun, F4xxleg grab is 50 if i remember correctly, and easy to do

It also seems that when you do EX reload, that if you throw a normal grenade on screen, when the cooldown on drone expires (this means when you would be eligible to use normal reload) it will detonate any normal grenade on screen, then let you reload. This is clarification on the 4th point i made in the undocumented changes. I'm not sure if that is a bug, likely to prevent some dirty shit she was able to do with Negative edge. However, this does not prevent her using that auto-detonate in the corner due to the faster recovery on grenade toss

B14xxStun Grenade, EX reload, 4xxStun (auto detonate), Stun grenade (hold 1), 4xxNE reload. This works, and if you end with 121xxLeg grab nets you and easy 40% and you keep all your grenades. do 4xxStun again, then your ender, gets you 45%. I would not recommend doing more than 4 grenades though, not worth it

Also, shrapnel grenades are still garbage. While they do higher up front damage, once you hit approximately 25% it seems the scaling gets much harsher. I can start out a combo that does 47% with all stuns, but if my first grenade is a shrapnel that exact same combo does 43%. its like this for every style combo i could find.