What's new

MKSM impressions (SPOILERS)

I dont regret i got SM, i also plan on getting Deception and Armageddon, DA would be hard to find though.

So i beat all bosses and reached Shao Kahn. I liked the battles with Reptile, Baraka and Scorpion (especially Scorpion) the best. Though i still havent beat the game, despite the fact that most bosses are eazy as dirt (Scorpion being the only boss that made me sweat), Shao Kahn is as cheap and ridiculously overpowered as always.
Not only that you need to go through the Endurance match featuring Shang Tsung and Kintaro before finally reaching him, but after half-health, he summons his sledgehammer from his ass ans starts hacking at mother****er.

That hammer-swing move is the epitome of cheapness. Its a nigh-100% damaging SPECIAL MOVE (unheard of). And you cant even dogde or jump away, as that ***** somehow manages to take 180 degree sharp turns (whish is impossible, considering the huge momentum and inertia the hammer creates due to circular motion).

In other words, the cheapest character of the decade award goes to.....as always, Midway's Shao Kahn!.

Otherwise, it is a great game, with one of the best combat systems ive ever seen, good puzzles, awesome cutscenes and fatalities.

BTW, any tips on defeating Kahn?

ded

Elder God
use the long jumps when he start to spin with hammer. when he is not spinning just spam him with fireballs and run launchers

i watched recently on youtube very good ps2 or xbox can't tell that for sure yet,awesome cheats and hacks to play with a lot of characters(kitana,mileena,jade,baraka,reptile,goro,kintaro,tarkata,shadow priest,some of the level bosses and etc.)

use the long jumps when he start to spin with hammer. when he is not spinning just spam him with fireballs and run launchers
Sounds like a great strategy.
I find the fireballs to be the only plausible way to beat the final 3 bosses.
I didnt figure the long jump though, i just jumped randomly throughout the arena, but he always got me.

thanks ;)

ded

Elder God
its way more difficult if you play co-op. you have to use co-op combos as hell vs some bosses, you share same blood lifebar, lots of camera glitches and etc.

i prefer single player ;]

I liked co-op, but single player is much more entertaining. There are certain secrets that can only be unlocked by two players, so if you're obsessed with getting FUCKING EVERYTHING, then you're gonna need to get a Lao for your Liu.

AAHHH, Finally beat that mofo Shao Kahn. It took >9000 tries to do it, i was so excited and happy about it, i was thinking in my mind "YEAH EAT THAT SHIT, I BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA YO GODDAMN ASS, YOU STUPID CHEAP RETARDED MOFUCKER".

Now i guess im gonna try to find every possible secret in single player.
BTW, i have 2 questions:

1) How do i enter the warriors shrine in the Wu Shi Academy? It says i must present them something in order to pass. Whats that thing i should get?
2) It seems i cant backtrack further than Wu Shi Academy. Is there no way i can access Goros Lair again?

I can't remember what you present, but it's off the beaten path as 'twere.

You can only get to goro's lair if you start a new game.