What's new

MKII Tier List Discussion

dubson

Noob
Kaiba said:
IF Jax had an air projectile, like in MKT, then shouldn't he be no. #1?
lol yeah, considering your not taking away any of his moves, the dude would be unstoppable...

ZAQ

Noob
Dubson said:
Kaiba said:
lol yeah, considering your not taking away any of his moves, the dude would be unstoppable...
Considers aaHp, AFB, HK, ground pound, back breaker in corner lockdown.... *shutters*

dubson

Noob
Scheisse said:
Dubson said:
Kaiba said:
Considers aaHp, AFB, HK, ground pound, back breaker in corner lockdown.... *shutters*
LMAO

Fuckin beast status dude

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good shit guys.

Shang (and many other characters) have difficulty against Sub-Zero. Shang is forced to morph and use single fireballs.

Sometimes I question Sub's location on the Tier List as he is a pain for so many characters...sometimes.

My ultimate goal for MKII is to make a better version and add tons of characters to it. Fix balancing issus, etc. Can you imagine MKII Ermac or Cyrax? Kano and Sonya? Sub with a clone? :confused:

Anyways, on wth the dicussion ^_^

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
One of my main gripes is how with some characters, if you tap forward then try to duck, your character has to complete the full animation of a forward walk before they will duck...wtf? the only way around it is to use a jab cancel or by pressing block. This must be fixed.

Konqrr said:
One of my main gripes is how with some characters, if you tap forward then try to duck, your character has to complete the full animation of a forward walk before they will duck...wtf? the only way around it is to use a jab cancel or by pressing block. This must be fixed.
I will defend this game till I die, but I like that. I mean it gives characters strengths and weaknesses and if you aren't a noob its not hard to block and duck. If each characters steps were the same length and they ducked the same, thats just another reason for why people dislike MK because everyone has the same basic moves. Now you want them to have the same basic length in steps and everything else? You might as well have all hitboxes equal, sweeps equal, ducking lk's equal, jabs equal, jp's/jk's equal and everything else. screw that.

X820

Noob
Ahimsa1 said:
For all your Mileena pros, how do you play against kung lao? that is probably my hardest match with mileena.
If he zones you with his hat trow spam back, jump over it and JK him, wait for dive kick: Block, aaP, roll then shoot 1 or 2 air sais at him making him counter with a teleport or hat throw for instance, then counter..
Also close range apply pressure with jabs, mix it up with a sweep and a CJK to confuse him, then start jabbing again, don't forget to take one step back in case he sweeps back, just do another sweep to get back in there and apply more pressure.

But like always, this is a summonary of scenarios you COULD do, it doesn't mean it will work for you!
In the end it's skill, luck and a little mindreading that will help you win. :lol:

X820

Noob
Ahimsa1 said:
For all your Mileena pros, how do you play against kung lao? that is probably my hardest match with mileena.
I think Liu Kang is a bitch to fight when I land on Mileena btw.

bbyte

Noob
You know what would kick ass in my opinion? Vids for all the combos of a character. Problem with all these combo transcripts is that sometimes you don't know to start them off and videos would be very nice to see what you can punish with what :).

1. Mileena *
2. Jax *
3. Liu
4. Kitana
5. Kung
6. Baraka
7. Cage
8. Shang Tsung
9. Scorpion
10. Raiden
11. Sub-Zero
12. Reptile

*Most people believe Mileena is N1 and Jax is N2 but my personal list is Jax #1, Mileena #2.
Baraka beats Shang Tsung? Thats nuts. I never lose to Baraka.

ded

Elder God
i'm not into mk2 anymore, and the tier list have been changed alot from the good active players, so it will be good if someone post the correct one

Tim Static

Adminerator
So, with dvdcn's introduction of the multiple ground pound with Jax, does this make Jax a solid #1 over Mileena?

I think so...

dvdcsn

Noob
Thx for the props guys but it's hard to say who's better! Jax vs Mileena is an uphill battle for jax when mileena starts throwing sais. Jax almost cannot establish control over sai spamming mileenas. He has to rely on the ground pound to punish her sais cleanly and it takes a master to be able to MGP under every sai with the perfect touch and perfect timing! I can make a complete bitch out of almost all mileenas online except for a couple, but even against shitty sai spammers, I'm on defense the whole match! Mileena is the one that has Jax in check...not the other way around. I'd imagine that it would be even harder for Jax offline! I still find ways to win this matchup even with a shattered pad though.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's really a tossup...

If the rule is how many characters does Jax have an unfair advantage over vs Mileena, then Jax wins...if it's Mileena > Jax then Mileena wins.

;_;

dvdcsn

Noob
It's really a tossup...

If the rule is how many characters does Jax have an unfair advantage over vs Mileena, then Jax wins...if it's Mileena > Jax then Mileena wins.

;_;
QFT. Jax controls every character in the game when played to his potential. The only character that gives him problems is mileena (and jax mirror) when she tries to lock him down. Jax owns 10. Mileena, not nearly as many...maybe 7. Most will argue that Mileena owns Jax. Who's really the best character here? But you also have to take into account that tiers are based on two players of the same skill... that's another argument right there.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The ground pound simply changes the way the game is played, people have to jump like the ground is on fire and they can't get an offense going. The only way for Jax to go down is to get close to him and jab/sweep him to death and that is no easy task.

Mileena has those l33t jabs and silent sweeps, plus a special that hits as soon as you hear the sound of it, (what is it? 3-4 frames?). INSANE corner combos. It's a good thing that her Air Sai causes her to fall down on the 4th hit or more or she'd have a very doable corner infinite that would be cause for her being banned from any tournaments! The Air Sai is too much for most of the roster, and against anyone but Jax, she doesn't spam it but uses it as bait for someone to jump in or try to close the distance so she can punish them.

Funny thing is that if Mileena's Sai was a 3 second charge and Jax's Pound had restrictions that lessened it's use (say, low blockable? or disable specials and air throw if you are holding LK?) then we'd all be complaining about Liu Kang! LOL

If you ignore the top 3, give Baraka a low spark, Cage's Shadow Uppercut hit sooner so you can use it on reaction, make Male Ninja jabs hit ducking blocked opponents (sans cage/shang), and Reptile's FB come out faster and recover faster.........THEN, we would have a really balanced game!

It's really a tossup...

;_;
You need to create a matchup chart. If Jax has the advantage over many more characters than Mileena does, then he's the #1 character even if he loses to Mileena.

It's like how in the 3rd Strike tier list, Chun Li is the top character even though she loses to the #2 character.

With all the knowledge you guys possess, creating a matchup chart would be a pretty simple thing to do, and would be the best way of truly determining the tier order.

For example, while it's hard to say how exactly the #6-11 characters in this game rank, it would not be hard to go through each matchup individually and come to a consensus. Then you just add up the results and you have your order.