What's new

MK9 will not die due to new glitch - ignore the trolls

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I like how everybody acts like all you have to do is hit down + select and Kabal is invincible. You have to be cornered by Kabal, and you have to be finished with a forward throw. Any good player is going to manage to armor out if they get in the corner, and other good players won't even be put in the corner at all. Also, you know a forward throw is coming, so tech it. People need to learn to stop complaining and level up.

or they can just let go of the ndc while you are trying to throw tech and they can grab you and it counts as a combo.....

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
1.) I don't play MK for respect.
2.) Not every player out there will lose all respect against a player using it. (speak for yourself)
3.) It takes skills to win a tournament with.
4.) It takes fundamentals to set up and capture an opponent in it.
5.) It's not cheating.
6.) Enjoy your time in jail.
1.) You might not play for respect but you wouldn't be so helpful if you didn't care about the communities growth.
2.) Yes, they will. The majority of players on these forums are saying ban the glitch.
3.) No it doesn't. It makes you invincible.
4.) No it doesn't. Inputting the commands for a glitch to occur is NOT fundamentals.
5.) Enjoy ruining the community you've helped make what it is.
6.) It'll be worth it.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
REO

I don't play MK actively, but to me, it looks like the difference between this glitch and Cyrax resets or Quan Rune Traps is that the latter character's techniques are EXPLOITS, but Kabal's is a genuine glitch.

With Cyrax's resets, they only work because the player places an unblockable bomb at a moment where the enemy can't do anything. The Cyrax players are just taking advantage of the move's properties and creating combos / resets off them.

With the banning of this Kabal glitch, nothing is being taken away from Kabal in the sense that no moves / specials / strategies are being restricted, just a glitch. If we were to ban Cyrax's resets, we would have to say "Hey Cyrax players, you can't bomb at such and such times". Kabal is still free to do as he wishes within the confines of his moveset and basic gameplay strategies at any given time.

Just my two cents though

REO

Undead
1.) You might not play for respect but you wouldn't be so helpful if you didn't care about the communities growth.
2.) Yes, they will. The majority of players on these forums are saying ban the glitch.
3.) No it doesn't. It makes you invincible.
4.) No it doesn't. Inputting the commands for a glitch to occur is NOT fundamentals.
5.) Enjoy ruining the community you've helped make what it is.
6.) It'll be worth it.
1.) I care about the true players who stick with MK regardless, not the crybabies.
2.) Not everyone will.
3.) Until players like you can win a major and prove it doesn't take skill, then my stance will remain unchanged.
4.) Outplaying the opponent and setting up the round winning attack into the glitch is fundamentals.
5.) Community isn't ruined.
6.) I'm sure it will, Mr. Tough guy.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
or they can just let go of the ndc while you are trying to throw tech and they can grab you and it counts as a combo.....
Then you guessed wrong and you deserve to lose. That is the idea, right REO? yes its bullshit,but sometimes thats how it works, and you have access to this glitch as well. For now, I say its guess right and stay out of the situation, lose, or find a new game at this point. If it is proven to be a serious issue in tournament play, then we ban it. I believe it will be a problem, but we have to give the meta game a chance to evolve to deal with these setups. Any way you look at it, this is bad for the game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
As I stated before, no one can do the Smoke glitch in high level play consistently. Thanks for remaining quiet on that topic to prove my point. Smoke players got shafted by the community for no reason other than extreme fear and paranoia.

Also my one year-old nephew can spam b,f+2 with Kenshi. I don't see what point you're trying to make, but I can play that card as well. It doesn't matter who can do what. In a reasonable community, one would have to prove that the glitch is too powerful in high-level play, and that the character who possesses such atrocity should be opt for a ban.
if you wanna win that way fine so be it, but news for you it you wont be allowed to

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Then you guessed wrong and you deserve to lose. That is the idea, right REO? yes its bullshit,but sometimes thats how it works, and you have access to this glitch as well. For now, I say its guess right and stay out of the situation, lose, or find a new game at this point. If it is proven to be a serious issue in tournament play, then we ban it. I believe it will be a problem, but we have to give the meta game a chance to evolve to deal with these setups. Any way you look at it, this is bad for the game.

PLAY TO WIN

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
1.) I care about the true players who stick with MK regardless, not the crybabies.
2.) Not everyone will.
3.) Until players like you can win a major and prove it doesn't take skill, then my stance will remain unchanged.
4.) Outplaying the opponent and setting up the round winning attack into the glitch is fundamentals.
5.) Community isn't ruined.
6.) I'm sure it will, Mr. Tough guy.
You're pathetic.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Im not entirely sure if your trolling as Ive only really read this last page, but thats how i see it. If its banned, okay,igf it isnt, thats ok too. As long as everyone knows what rules they are playing by, there can be no complaining really.
I don't know why people keep thinking I'm trolling... I'm really not:(