What's new

Mileena General Discussion

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I been playing with sector and you can get the risk free teleport down with him too which has been nice. And of course the great oki after the F4 ender. The sonic fox combo with sector has been super fun too.

But I'll have to try kung lao soon, low hat seems pretty busted with her in theory. Is there any high level footage of this I can check out?
The highest level with Lao kameo that I can think of is probably Dizzy during Viennality.

Also, while not a high-high level, there's also this player I found if you're looking for something closer to a casual level.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
I wanted to use Goro for fun and WOW the team synergy is just popping for me. I got my first Flawless so yeah it's cool seeing everyone using different kameos and why.

Mileena/Goro for me. I picked him for fun and ended up finding some sauce! Lol

And look at that! I got a flawless victory and tbh I didn't think it would be possible in a tag assist mk game lol

I wanted to use Goro for fun and WOW the team synergy is just popping for me. I got my first Flawless so yeah it's cool seeing everyone using different kameos and why.

Mileena/Goro for me. I picked him for fun and ended up finding some sauce! Lol

And look at that! I got a flawless victory and tbh I didn't think it would be possible in a tag assist mk game lol

I actually just got done watching a set with MFSlayer's Mileena/Goro against ForeverKing. Seems pretty solid. I do really dig how the different kameos really change up how you want to play Mileena.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I been playing with sector and you can get the risk free teleport down with him too which has been nice. And of course the great oki after the F4 ender. The sonic fox combo with sector has been super fun too.

But I'll have to try kung lao soon, low hat seems pretty busted with her in theory. Is there any high level footage of this I can check out?
I dont see any high level but its easy to test it in training mode in different scenarios to find the timing

Like have the computer all block, then reversal punish

Then hold back assit, teleport, and release to see the timing

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's not busted in theory, it's busted. Technically you can fuzzy the low overhead but if the person times hat right I don't think you can. Also makes teleport in safe. There is footage of Dizzy using her with Lao at Viennality, the tourney Mileena almost won by being bottom tier.

I also made a video going over this.

It's not busted in theory, it's busted. Technically you can fuzzy the low overhead but if the person times hat right I don't think you can. Also makes teleport in safe. There is footage of Dizzy using her with Lao at Viennality, the tourney Mileena almost won by being bottom tier.

I also made a video going over this.
Seeing dizzy whiff 12 on baraka is so painful to watch. I really hope they push out a fix ASAP.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah, you know NRS they'll nerf her before fixing her lmfao. But I love how he was using Lao with her, tried it against my buddy last night and had a blast. He was like THAT'S SO ANNOYING lmao. But there's a automatic block built in the game, where if you release hat 2-4 frames before the overhead hits, the game will auto fuzzy it. So timing is strict but also, when it hits, free damage. To me it's still pretty stupid.

Yea I practiced it a bit in training mode and he seems really fun. About to try it out in an online match later today and will see how it goes

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Not sure if this is the right thread but I found a good punish for Ashrahs DF3 (she jumps in the air and flys around u)

You cant punish this on the ground

So u simply block the first part, jump up and meet her

Block, j122, dash 21, roll, j22 air sai, f4 is 366 with no meter or assists

If you arent confident in your reactions you can simply do j22 and skip dash 21. J22, roll, j22 air sai, f4 is still great damage before meter or assists

Some more gameplay from Dizzy. Vs Ninjakilla. Ninja really got the flawless block down for the last hit of 12 into punish. But seems like you can adapt and go into roll or sai at the end. But if opponent doesn't get the flawless block you gonna eat a full punish tho lol. Going to be interesting how this evolves.

Sick gameplay though against one of the top MK players.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
The fact that my bitter ass hasn’t been in the forums complaining about Mileena or Kitana is a testament to how good I think the characters are.

Given how MKX-MK11 started, at this point in those games’ lifespans I was already having mental breakdowns while being told they were fine.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Some more gameplay from Dizzy. Vs Ninjakilla. Ninja really got the flawless block down for the last hit of 12 into punish. But seems like you can adapt and go into roll or sai at the end. But if opponent doesn't get the flawless block you gonna eat a full punish tho lol. Going to be interesting how this evolves.

Sick gameplay though against one of the top MK players.

I was concerned about that 12 gap at first when I found it, but I think there are enough safe workarounds to keep the opponent honest if they're tempted to exploit it, assuming that they know about the gap at all. Ambush kameos like Goro are excellent at covering the gap, and even for Summon kameos like Low Hat and Flamethrower, you can just cancel the string early right after the overhead to keep yourself safe as well.

I think -15 on flawless block is a bit overkill, so it's on my wishlist that they might tone it down a bit. Still, I don't think it'll affect her that much in the long run, especially not in casuals, since I think the best playstyle I found for her is a zoning/whiff punishing type anyway.

Last edited:

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
scorpion is not a good kameo for mileena. sure it gives her a million damage but with all the bs running around in this glue fest of a game, she needs a push in neutral. imo you are going to struggle to land hits at a high level if you don't have something to augment her offense as well as the space that her sais don't cover. i think either kameo sektor or lao is a good deal. been messing with sektor the past few days and i think i've struck gold. gonna just grind that out going forward.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
One thing I will say about Mileena:

If they nerf her damage, she’s going to fall off pretty hard. I feel like the potency of Mileena in this game comes from the fact that you’re eating 35+ for any mistake, sometimes meterless.

Everyone is abusing her high damage now, but once people can defend properly… I dunno, I worry. NRS tends to pull the trigger too fast with nerfs, and her damage is one of the main things keeping her afloat.

Last edited:

projectzero00

nomnomnom
One thing I will say about Mileena:

If they nerf her damage, she’s going to fall off pretty hard. I feel like the potency of Mileena in this game comes from the fact that you’re eating 35+ for any mistake, sometimes meterless.

Everyone is abusing her high damage now, but once people can defend properly… I dunno, I worry. NRS tends to pull the trigger too fast with nerfs, and her damage is one of the main things keeping her afloat.
If they nerf her before they fix her issues I will go mad. Yes her damage with a Kameo like Scorpion is great, but there's no crazy mixups that she can do to lead to those high damage combos. I've only reached champion on KL and people there are already great at blocking her overheads and lows and Scorp doesn't provide any help with that or pressure as other people have mentioned. You're only hoping for them to make a mistake, and from my experience playing all these Cyraxs, that rarely happens.

You can choose another Kameo like Kung Lao or Frost for more low setups, but these lower her damage. Or Stryker, Goro, Sektor make her yolo rolls more safe but again she ain't getting insane Baraka damage. Idk it will be mind-boggling to me if they nerf her.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
If they nerf her before they fix her issues I will go mad. Yes her damage with a Kameo like Scorpion is great, but there's no crazy mixups that she can do to lead to those high damage combos. I've only reached champion on KL and people there are already great at blocking her overheads and lows and Scorp doesn't provide any help with that or pressure as other people have mentioned. You're only hoping for them to make a mistake, and from my experience playing all these Cyraxs, that rarely happens.

You can choose another Kameo like Kung Lao or Frost for more low setups, but these lower her damage. Or Stryker, Goro, Sektor make her yolo rolls more safe but again she ain't getting insane Baraka damage. Idk it will be mind-boggling to me if they nerf her.
KL has good damage with her, especially if you combo into the hat spin. Kameoless she gets some really good damage.

starterxx EX df2, j122, dash, 21xx bd4, j22, bd4 or just do f4 for the close knockdown. You can add S4 Lao spin after the ball roll if you got him ready. Still haven't found the optimal off that but I will have time to lab today hopefully.

Also playing Mileena at higher ranks is really about whiff punishing and baiting their ass a lot.

Versa

Noob
Oh yeah I meant the other moron who clearly has no idea what he's talking about. I believe if they fix all her bugs she'll be fine, if they buff her even more she'll defo be broke broke. Pair her with Lao Kameo like Fought said and it's stupid as hell. XD labbed that shit yesterday and it's dumb dumb. Hat is low, so if you hold hat, do 12 there is no way they're blocking both overhead low at the same time. Free combo, hat only combos if you hold it but even if you rip ball roll and they block it, hat will hit them out of their punish lmfao. :cool:
Stepping away from the negativity and downplaying, would you say Kung Lao is the best assist overall? Debating whether to use that or Goro.

Your guides on YouTube helped a lot with getting me started btw. Thanks!

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I think Lao is the best cause it actually gives her true mix, the only downside is the timing might be strict or harder for beginners. But I think with practice he may be the best for now.

And you're welcome!