What's new

Mileena General Discussion

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I gotta say, I'm loving the armblades for Mileena. What a cool idea to add a little extra something to her.
yeah yeah

is a nod for a plus tarkatan trait that they once teased on her MK9 reveal trailer , now, being a reality to her as character

what make her pretty vicious and dangerous as character, having those sharp sais mixing with close combat tarkatan arm blades, so, a feral figther

they make her the perfect hybrid of human mixed with tarkatan trait this time, hehe

projectzero00

nomnomnom
She will take some time getting used to gameplay wise. They've changed a lot about her.

First thing that really throws me off is how different her telekick functions. It's like a completely different move, even input-wise. I wish she still had instant air-sais after telekick...Which speaking of, why on earth would they take her air-sais away competely? Plus none of them are now full screen (high or low). The only thing they've kept similar is the ball roll, which for some mind-bloggling reason, they decided to not make the enhanced version juggle anymore. It just has extra hits that are low. I really miss her MK9/X days where the enhanced version of her roll was an overhead.

Maybe I'm just being overdramatic because she feels very strange to play, but that's perhaps cause it's my first day trying her out. She looks and moves amazing tho. Her normals are really fast and she's got some nice mixups.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
She will take some time getting used to gameplay wise. They've changed a lot about her.

First thing that really throws me off is how different her telekick functions. It's like a completely different move, even input-wise. I wish she still had instant air-sais after telekick...Which speaking of, why on earth would they take her air-sais away competely? Plus none of them are now full screen (high or low). The only thing they've kept similar is the ball roll, which for some mind-bloggling reason, they decided to not make the enhanced version juggle anymore. It just has extra hits that are low. I really miss her MK9/X days where the enhanced version of her roll was an overhead.

Maybe I'm just being overdramatic because she feels very strange to play, but that's perhaps cause it's my first day trying her out. She looks and moves amazing tho. Her normals are really fast and she's got some nice mixups.
yep

we all will kinda, will be needed to "relearning" how to play her properly ..... I have spent 2 hours in labing training her, so, the muscle memory will come up in time

anyway, she has some good strings and I saw she can do a very good 50-50 with some low sai cancel .... but she looks very meter bar dependent in order to to do very high damage , so , let's find out

Even though I like Mileena design more in older games, she is not as bad as what I thought she would be in MK1.

I just don't like her mouth and teeth design. Reminds me to much of predator mandibles.

I wish they would go more with this design. It still looks scary and unique. Now it just looks like predator mandibles.

What do I like the most in her new design? Her blades that she uses, it's great.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
yep

we all will kinda, will be needed to "relearning" how to play her properly ..... I have spent 2 hours in labing training her, so, the muscle memory will come up in time

anyway, she has some good strings and I saw she can do a very good 50-50 with some low sai cancel .... but she looks very meter bar dependent in order to to do very high damage , so , let's find out
I admit, I don't know what kind of damage the rest of the cast can do, but Mileena's damage feels fine to me. She can break 30% off of her 7-frame jab meterlessly and with a Kameo like Sareena, she's doing over 40%. It doesn't seem like she needs super meter for much of anything beyond doing a bit more damage and her armored wake-up, so she should be able to save it exclusively for breakers, just like in MKX.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Even though I like Mileena design more in older games, she is not as bad as what I thought she would be in MK1.

I just don't like her mouth and teeth design. Reminds me to much of predator mandibles.

I wish they would go more with this design. It still looks scary and unique. Now it just looks like predator mandibles.
View attachment 21011

What do I like the most in her new design? Her blades that she uses, it's great.

MKX Mileena is peak Mileena. There was never in the past and probably will never be in the future, a more original take on her. And I'm not speaking only about the mouth.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Been labbing her for a few hours now. Here's a combo I came up with:

I'm by no means great at MK, but overall so far I'day she doesn't have massive damage on her combos and will rely on Kameos a lot to get any significant dmg. I'm really missing her air sais but air-ball is kind of a close range air sai. Telekicks are also slower and I've found difficult to time correctly in combos, so weirdly enough I've been ending them with ball roll/low sai.

Seems like I'm not the only who uses Sareena as a Kameo for Mileena. I also need to learn more how to do all does combo's.

Playing around with some Sareena corner action
Since you use Sareena aswell, do you know what it does when Sareena cast that sort of Pentagram on the ground?

I've been using Darrius and while he's kinda tricky, he has some crazy potential with mix ups. Obviously this kombo isn't very practical because of all the resources it uses, and the mixup is a bit risky, but I was actually able to pull it off in a match last night which was wild.

What are yalls thoughts on Darrius? His cool down is so long which makes this combo even less practical but he's flashy and silly so I'm sticking with him for now haha

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I've been using Darrius and while he's kinda tricky, he has some crazy potential with mix ups. Obviously this kombo isn't very practical because of all the resources it uses, and the mixup is a bit risky, but I was actually able to pull it off in a match last night which was wild.

What are yalls thoughts on Darrius? His cool down is so long which makes this combo even less practical but he's flashy and silly so I'm sticking with him for now haha

Idk Darrius feels so awkward to use for me haha. Combo looks great, but I don't think I'd use her ex sai mid-combo on top of super. Double meter is a lot for how much it scales the damage. Her ex sai I think is a great tool for combo starter full screen when opponents get projectile-excited.

Idk Darrius feels so awkward to use for me haha. Combo looks great, but I don't think I'd use her ex sai mid-combo on top of super. Double meter is a lot for how much it scales the damage. Her ex sai I think is a great tool for combo starter full screen when opponents get projectile-excited.
Very true about the damage scaling I wasn't even considering that fully, funny enough I think I found something way more optimal right after I posted this haha

And I'm loving Darrius honestly, he's definitely tricky but it's super satisfying landing his combos. I tried all the other Kameos w mileena but they just don't seem to synergize the way Darrius does, for me at least. Although I'll have to try sareena again because I'm seeing a lot of pretty sick stuff w her in this thread

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I really want to use Mileena/Frost, but I get the impression they have negative synergy together. Also, I feel like Scorpion might be one of her best kameos for long combos and damage.

What kameos are you guys using right now?

jmt

Noob
I’m in the lab with her and if I have only 1 bar of meter I cannot get a ex Sai to come out. 2 or 3 bars it comes out every time.