What's new

Mileena EX tele punish

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
As krys said there is no dash between. it is simply d1+shocker. Works on telekick with or without sais and should net minimum 29% depending on the combo. If you guys can master raiden BnBs then this shouldn't be tough. Just takes practice.

Ok maybe I will try it a little more, but when I was playing around this morning before I recorded I got it like once. to early d1 wont come out, to late it wiffs. The timing seems REALLY strict and not really viable. But like I said I will try it a little more.

Just make sure you block low. If you block high, mileena has plenty of time to delay falling into the D1 by choosing when / if to throw the sai.

I agree with the Ermac comments, and also agree that it's not a great idea to throw lightning at her alot. But what I will say is this... Look at the frame data. Under no circumstances does Mileena ever have a true 50/50 that people like to complain about. So, the comment about leaving you guessing because of a counter zoning tool is incorrect.. The closest she comes is with the frame advantage after landed regular telekick without an air sai followup. people always bXtch about that being a guaranteed 50/50, but the fact is... it's not.

4x4lo8o

Noob
d1~shocker doesn't work. I haven't tried it specifically as a Mileena punish, but as general rule d1~shocker doesn't connect unless your back is in a corner or something. The pushback from d1 is enough to cause the shocker to whiff. It's not something that can be landed consistently and no one should be using it to try to punish.

d1~superman is the punish you should be using. I'm pretty sure d1, dash shocker is possible, I'd swear I've landed it in game before, but when I was messing around with it in the lab after you made this thread I couldn't land, so it might only be possible if throws a Sai and it might not ever be reasonable to pull off. I'll mess around with her teleport some more this weekend, but for now it looks like d1~superman is the best punish. If you want to use meter for a bigger punish, ex-shocker like you did in the video is your best bet

When you teleported out of the ex-telekick in that video and landed the b312 she wasn't blocking, correct? I've tested that before and it always seemed like she recovered far faster than any possible punish. I don't think teleporting out is a good option

Yes I am sure she can block after I teleport out, b312 wouldn't catch her and I probably shouldn't have done it in the vid. Just wanted to show tele can get you out of the way.

Ex shocker between hits tho, sorta neat no? d1 superman = 11%, ex shocker f2 vb 334 super should be like 30ish.

BigMilk

d1~shocker doesn't work. I haven't tried it specifically as a Mileena punish, but as general rule d1~shocker doesn't connect unless your back is in a corner or something. The pushback from d1 is enough to cause the shocker to whiff. It's not something that can be landed consistently and no one should be using it to try to punish.

d1~superman is the punish you should be using. I'm pretty sure d1, dash shocker is possible, I'd swear I've landed it in game before, but when I was messing around with it in the lab after you made this thread I couldn't land, so it might only be possible if throws a Sai and it might not ever be reasonable to pull off. I'll mess around with her teleport some more this weekend, but for now it looks like d1~superman is the best punish. If you want to use meter for a bigger punish, ex-shocker like you did in the video is your best bet

When you teleported out of the ex-telekick in that video and landed the b312 she wasn't blocking, correct? I've tested that before and it always seemed like she recovered far faster than any possible punish. I don't think teleporting out is a good option
Please don't discourage others to attempt a higher damage punish because you can't execute. i consistently land this punish. it just takes practice. im sure im not the only one that lands it consistently

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Pretty sure you have to dash after d1. I trend to d1+vc blast as its 90 times easier to land and you can follow up with 33 shocker, 12 shocker, or whatever your preference may be.

Flagg

Noob
He can but there isn't much of a follow up besides chip damage.
What do you mean just chip? I know it's Mileena but can he not start pressuring her? Can he Superman after or EX shocker? At the end of the day, she's still wasted a bar and her pressure has ended, while Raiden has escaped without being caught in a frame trap.

What do you mean just chip? I know it's Mileena but can he not start pressuring her? Can he Superman after or EX shocker? At the end of the day, she's still wasted a bar and her pressure has ended, while Raiden has escaped without being caught in a frame trap.
If he tele's out inbetween hits, she can block and he is limited to chip damage is what I was referring to.
But he does have many options/answers for her tele. Looking back I might have looked at your original question wrong lol.
You were asking can he superman her if he tele's out right? If yes then she can block whatever he follows up with.
But he can punish the tele with d1~superman or whatever they choose.
He could also EX shocker between hits as well.

Landed EX telekick isn't a frame trap. Mileena's "Frame Traps" are worse than other characters regular 3 - 4 hit strings, including U4, 42.

Flagg

Noob
If he tele's out inbetween hits, she can block and he is limited to chip damage is what I was referring to.
But he does have many options/answers for her tele. Looking back I might have looked at your original question wrong lol.
You were asking can he superman her if he tele's out right? If yes then she can block whatever he follows up with.
But he can punish the tele with d1~superman or whatever they choose.
He could also EX shocker between hits as well.
Yeah, I forgot his EX Shocker is armour. However, I find that EX Telekick really hard to react to unless im expecting it. If you don't watch her meter and she does one, you dont know if its a regular kick or the ex version, its even hard to react to with CSZ parry which is 1 frame and probably the best defensive move in the game.

Is she a hard match for Raiden? I only play him a little, and would probably like to use him more.

Yeah, I forgot his EX Shocker is armour. However, I find that EX Telekick really hard to react to unless im expecting it. If you don't watch her meter and she does one, you dont know if its a regular kick or the ex version, its even hard to react to with CSZ parry which is 1 frame and probably the best defensive move in the game.

Is she a hard match for Raiden? I only play him a little, and would probably like to use him more.
Yeah to EX shocker would be a hell of a read and instant hype lol.
I honestly know not about his matchups so I can't help you there lol. I just use the Thundar Gawd for funsies

If you do that you're eating an air sai. Not every single move needs to be punishable by a full combo. Just use d1 superman.

The Raiden Mileena matchup is typically listed as a 5-5. I'd say it's moreso 6-4 Raiden.

BigMilk

No, if you block low ias whiffs then standing1 out ofblock will net you roughly 30%. i do agree w 6-4 Raiden but thats a different topic

KRYS9984

Noob
It all sounds like way too much hassle. Block high first then low, d1 superman, ggs.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
I agree with Johnny2d,

If you feel that D1+Electric Fly is the most consistent option (that you will never drop under the stress of a match) by all means go for it.

It's always better to hit a command 10/10 times that deals less damage than go for an option that might potentially drop at any given moment.

KRYS9984

Noob
Just make sure you block low. If you block high, mileena has plenty of time to delay falling into the D1 by choosing when / if to throw the sai.

I agree with the Ermac comments, and also agree that it's not a great idea to throw lightning at her alot. But what I will say is this... Look at the frame data. Under no circumstances does Mileena ever have a true 50/50 that people like to complain about. So, the comment about leaving you guessing because of a counter zoning tool is incorrect.. The closest she comes is with the frame advantage after landed regular telekick without an air sai followup. people always bXtch about that being a guaranteed 50/50, but the fact is... it's not.
In my previous post I mentioned not to throw too many lightning projectiles because it has pretty slow recovery and can easily be telekicked on reaction for +31 on hit. A Mileena player will usually not throw a Sai after knowing a telekick will hit (through counter-zoning) because they will remain airborne and loose their advantage. You should also never stand block the entire EN telekick because as soon as the sai hits (block or hit) she will be at advantage, however, it's not an extremely large advantage and can be countered.

She does not leave you guessing because of her counter-zoning game; you could literally (crouch) block on and off all day from full screen if she doesn't approach you and wait for her to make the critical mistakes. Her guessing games comes into play when you fire off a predictable projectile and get telekicked; at that moment she gets a free jump. She can go low, mid, low+mid, low+low, throw, U+4 which (grants her +9 on block), 2,3,4,Sai block string for meter building or hit confirming 2,3 into roll, etc..... If she successfully gets a combo on you and ends it with a wiffed telekick, the guessing game continues (on both parts).

She has a few options from the free jump in that do lead to a mix-up; would it be considered a "true 50/50 mix-up" that is debatable, but you cannot block her low / mid attacks at the same time (one of which leads to a frame trap). Even though you should crouch block by default and just let go if you see the U4, she still keeps you guessing and that could pose a problem if you're not strong at reads or reactions.

When fighting her as Ermac, I try to keep her withing TKP range and ultimately try to corner her and keep her within the sweet spot. His TKP covers a large surface so I hardly use my projectile (with fear from the telekick) and maintain good spacing. If the match-up is played correctly, she should feel on defense most of the time and will start to take risks; at that point you can capitalize on her mistakes lather, rinse and repeat.