What's new

Make Kung Lao waste his X-Ray (specific setup)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've done this twice now, once online and once a few hours ago at a friends house.

If you see a Kung Lao player is really scouting to hit you with his X-Ray, throw a bomb at his feet and jump at him. He will X-Ray, which will hit, then your bomb goes off and hits him out of the rest of the X-Ray. You take minimal damage and he loses all of his meter.

I just did this to my friend last night and he lost all of his meter going into round 3 because of it LOL

What Kung Lao should do in this situation is do a normal spin, then dash forward and X-Ray... Lose and learn Kung Lao.

Oh yeah...Cyrax standing 1 is gdlk anti air from just outside of jump distance.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I've done this twice now, once online and once a few hours ago at a friends house.

If you see a Kung Lao player is really scouting to hit you with his X-Ray, throw a bomb at his feet and jump at him. He will X-Ray, which will hit, then your bomb goes off and hits him out of the rest of the X-Ray. You take minimal damage and he loses all of his meter.

I just did this to my friend last night and he lost all of his meter going into round 3 because of it LOL

What Kung Lao should do in this situation is do a normal spin, then dash forward and X-Ray... Lose and learn Kung Lao.

Oh yeah...Cyrax standing 1 is gdlk anti air from just outside of jump distance.
thanks for the idea, maybe this could work with a slow reptile ball, or a sektor homing rocket too :)

Abudabi

Noob
genius, I'm assuming this will also work for other similar characters with delayed/timed projectiles? (Homing missile, ice bomb, upskull etc?)

Then again this will only work if the Kung Lao player plans to hit you with a naked x-ray, instead of the typical followup to a spin.