What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Unless they make teleport into a 1 slot ability Thunder Wave will just be Thunder Wave
I mean the launcher in db2. That move is called Thunder Wave. You can now do stuff like, B12, thunder wave amp, drop the rod, and continue the combo for example.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I mean the launcher in db2. That move is called Thunder Wave. You can now do stuff like, B12, thunder wave amp, drop the rod, and continue the combo for example.
DB2 is called Storm cell. The tournament variation that it’s in currently is called Thunder Wave. But yeah you can do setups in the corner and midscreen with DB2 easily, but you lose out in summon lightning (which is +51 on hit and also guarantees a rod setup, and is great for anti-airs), and lose the low projectile. However, storm cell is like the number 1 counter-poke Raiden has so only time will tell which is better

wookie

Noob
I might go Low staff instead of storm cell but I think the lightning rod is definitely going to be fun in the corner and even full screen if they buff the duration.
I was thinking about the low stuff, shame it's in conflict with lighting rod :( (at least, for now). It realized me that you really have to think which abilities you have to give up to create your build. :D I think it's a good thing, because you are able to create some unique variations.

Mandolore1123

I was thinking about the low stuff, shame it's in conflict with lighting rod :( (at least, for now). It realized me that you really have to think which abilities you have to give up to create your build. :D I think it's a good thing, because you are able to create some unique variations.
Oh right, my bad. I thought the rod was DF4 for some reason :(. I guess your variation is definitely very interesting and I look forward to labbing it too

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
DB2 is called Storm cell. The tournament variation that it’s in currently is called Thunder Wave. But yeah you can do setups in the corner and midscreen with DB2 easily, but you lose out in summon lightning (which is +51 on hit and also guarantees a rod setup, and is great for anti-airs), and lose the low projectile. However, storm cell is like the number 1 counter-poke Raiden has so only time will tell which is better
Oh right, my bad.

Mandolore1123

theres nothing creative with Lightning Rod, it just looks different

theres nothing there thats of actual use that you'd want to use over anything
It’s so good to be sure of the potential of moves before patches come out. One has to wonder why we have to bother to lab anything at all anymore

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
It’s so good to be sure of the potential of moves before patches come out. One has to wonder why we have to bother to lab anything at all anymore
in this case its very easy to think this way considering Raiden was first given that 3rd variant and it didn't even work correctly for the pitiful setups that it was suppose to have.

Adding to that Raiden has a handful of crap moves that make no sense since day 1. If this were Soul Calibur or Tekken maybe, but not here.

Mandolore1123

in this case its very easy to think this way considering Raiden was first given that 3rd variant and it didn't even work correctly for the pitiful setups that it was suppose to have.

Adding to that Raiden has a handful of crap moves that make no sense since day 1. If this were Soul Calibur or Tekken maybe, but not here.
They already said they made changes to Super Bolt, did you think this was going to be the only change they were making to Raiden’s custom moves? Everyone here knows Lightning Rod isn’t a very good move, but that might change in the coming patch. Whether those moves were useless in the past has no bearing to whether they will be useful in the coming patch.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
They already said they made changes to Super Bolt, did you think this was going to be the only change they were making to Raiden’s custom moves? Everyone here knows Lightning Rod isn’t a very good move, but that might change in the coming patch. Whether those moves were useless in the past has no bearing to whether they will be useful in the coming patch.
I saw the changes to Super Bolt, its still not worth using

Mandolore1123

I saw the changes to Super Bolt, its still not worth using
Or maybe we have to wait until the patch comes out and lab the moves and see if its really all that bad? Or those weren’t the only changes to those moves? Why be so certain of things when they aren’t even out yet?