What's new

Lobo Online Ranked Video Series

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I watched it, made me laugh a few times which makes it an auto win in my books. As for criticism I feel you handled that Sinestro poorly do not do anything but block after you block meter burn fireballs anything he does after will hit you otherwise. and stay out of range of his wake up so if he does it recklessly you can hit him with whatever on whiff. Also your reactions to ferris and GL are basically the same as mine lol.

You didnt do the B12~Hook Charge MB Ambiguous Crossup. That fucks everyone up for the most part and it gives you almost a free B2U1 combo. Good shit, I don't even have the balls to Czar Toss people like that unless it's mid combo.

Wham bam. It's up.
Updated OP with it too.

Let me know if there was stuff I could have done and didn't. I'm not satisfied with this gameplay. I know I coulda played a lot better, but I was nervous about being recorded. There was originally commentary, but we decided it was too complicated and honestly, not all that good.
Yeah, lemme know what you think :]
I thought the video was great, but where do you find those trash assed players ? Lol like honestly I don't think any of them knew a combo haha.
Okay back to positive stuff, I like the video and your comments throughout the video, good use of czar toss in knockdown, I think you only drops the b3 combo once? That's really good, I think you could maximize your damage a bit though. Oh and don't be afraid to use the crossup dive in the corner more, I saw one match where you abused it, but if they won't block it, keep doing it lol. Obviously higher level people are going to black it more often, but why not make the scrub children angry a bit? Lol
I think there's more to say but I can't think of anything at the moment. I have faith in your Lobo man, can't wait for future installments!

Liked the video, but I really love the glasses Lobo pic at the beginning. I was just thinking the other day that it would be great to have a 'Hipster Lobo' meme for when he does get his buffs and the Lobo Love explodes.

Something like "I used to use pump shots, before they sold out"
Or something way better and funnier than that. I'm drawing blanks at the moment.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I thought the video was great, but where do you find those trash assed players ? Lol like honestly I don't think any of them knew a combo haha.
Okay back to positive stuff, I like the video and your comments throughout the video, good use of czar toss in knockdown, I think you only drops the b3 combo once? That's really good, I think you could maximize your damage a bit though. Oh and don't be afraid to use the crossup dive in the corner more, I saw one match where you abused it, but if they won't block it, keep doing it lol. Obviously higher level people are going to black it more often, but why not make the scrub children angry a bit? Lol
I think there's more to say but I can't think of anything at the moment. I have faith in your Lobo man, can't wait for future installments!

Thanks, man. Funny part about the players is that I faced A LOT of bad people when I was recording and I edited out a bunch that had like 0 wins to 17 losses and shit like that. In the end, I stopped recording because the file size was too big. Then I played again as it was rendering and junk. Played a really good Lobo mirror. Played and beat a couple of decent green lanterns too :c

Also, thanks everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm planning to record more Friday :D

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
It'll basically give you free 55% since most people online doesn't know it crosses up. Needs more 21~low shot.

Btw you getting SC2HD?

I also wanted to show off the blockstrings~toss, but I didn't get a chance.
I probably won't be getting the new SC2. If it was SC6, I'd be all over that game.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I do it a lot, depending on how badly I may be punished (heavily dependant on their meter, really). Sometimes, you really gotta Yolo with Lobo, man. Dash up an d+1 or b+1 a couple times. It conditions them to instinctively block, especially if those attacks hit (d+1 to low Space Hook, b+1,2, 1+3). Then dash up and throw them. FUN!

I do it a lot, depending on how badly I may be punished (heavily dependant on their meter, really). Sometimes, you really gotta Yolo with Lobo, man. Dash up an d+1 or b+1 a couple times. It conditions them to instinctively block, especially if those attacks hit (d+1 to low Space Hook, b+1,2, 1+3). Then dash up and throw them. FUN!
Gotta take this to account then. Conservative lobo isn't the greatest lobo. Can't a blocked D1 give you a free toss?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Yessir! The timing is extremely tight (have to do the motion before the d+1 retracts). Way too tight for me to consistently do, especially under pressure/online. Yea, you play the player, not the character with Lobo.Watch your opponent's habits, especially on their wake up. Do they jump? Hook Charge. Do they backdash? Low Space Hook. Do they block? Czar Toss. Do they wake up attack? Block or backdash and punish accordingly.

Yessir! The timing is extremely tight (have to do the motion before the d+1 retracts). Way too tight for me to consistently do, especially under pressure/online. Yea, you play the player, not the character with Lobo.Watch your opponent's habits, especially on their wake up. Do they jump? Hook Charge. Do they backdash? Low Space Hook. Do they block? Czar Toss. Do they wake up attack? Block or backdash and punish accordingly.
Lobo is pretty set, all we need is proper reversals then he can compete (I can beat my fair share of good Superman's with him). Making reads is pretty hard in the heat of the moment and you need to be on point. Derocus I gotta see if he made good reads and stuff like that.

Now we gotta do work on the MU Thread and guide before patch, then re-do it after patch. -_-

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I love posting this up, because these are the only things I feel he really needs:
How I would buff Lobo: Lobo: Decrease the start up on Hook Charge to maybe two frames longer than whatever his wake up invulnerable frames are. That will do two things for him.
1. Allow him to meter burn it faster, enabling the armor faster to blow through projectiles and close distance.
2. Give him a viable wake up option that cannot be armor b+3ed by the opponent, forcing them to respect his wake up game up close, as he should be.
3. Lower the hurt box on his dash to legitimately go under high projectiles
4. Fix the hitbox on his chain when performing Skull Rider (2,1) So the chain makes contact with the opponent consistently.
5. Decrease the recovery on Party Crasher when it whiffs, so it can be better utilized as another way to close the distance.