What's new

Liu Kang's f4 is stupid and needs it's hitbox adjusted

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This game has lots of issues that need to be fixed for sure. I don't like staggers period in this game, such a gimmicky, lame way to win IMO. NRS said "we want to make this game less about 50/50's" HA my ass. They took out run and 50/50 but, the game still has a shit ton of staggers which guess what? LEADS to 50/50's, resets etc I really do miss the simplicity of the older games like UMK3, there were no lame jailing, 50/50's, pokes that lead to Free Throws etc, etc I have no issue with throw escapes though if you're fast enough to do it but not a fan of the bs in this game. I use LK, his staggers are so easy to follow up with and keep the pressure or throw it's ridiculous. This is worse with Geras, Scorp, Black etc, etc and their advancing strings, etc

Last edited:

Xzyj

Noob
That move is stupid, yes, however there are key points where you can contest and they aren't in Lui's favor:

f43 lowfireball EX, second hit of the fireball is duckable and you get full combo punish on him whenever he does that
f43 full string into + frames has a huge gap that is interruptable for a full combo from your fastest normals
f43 parry - same concept, punishable

His safest bet is to just stagger the string and at that point you need to react to animations and contest it better, or jump out and punish if he tries to go for something when attempting it (neutral jump seems to work the best for that).

Whenever he goes for that string and doesn't stagger it he's risking his life on the choice he's making, i'm okay with that but overall character core design revolving around 1 normal is garbage

Down 2

Noob
Since day one I’ve been complaining about that dumb move and the string he gets off it. So much utility for that string it rivals Erron Blacks B1,1,1 for most brain dead string.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I hate just hate how repetitive this string makes fighting Liu feel. It's like his entire game plan is built around this one tool.
This seems to be the case for many characters. Like Frost's main string is just B22, Liu is F43, etc

Guys....There are of course, situations where people come here to complain without reason. They are just crying.

But in this case....this is legit. NRS please fix this shit. This game has huge hitbox problems.

I'm a liu kang player too, and I know his gaps....and I'm still fucked playing against other liu kangs.

I think he is just insanely braindead, just like most of the top tiers. He is also the easiest to learn. There is absolutely nothing hard about that char
He is not easy to learn. His f4 is fucked up, I agree....but man, if you want to use his combos properly, anti air....I mean...you have to practice. Look at ninjakilla....no way you do that with the same amount of work that geras or sonya demands.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've not been able to deal with all the f4 stuff from him. I studied the options, practiced the FB. I get what I should more or less be going for, but man, I just can't.

It's just a steam roller of a move that you can't challenge with anything. Once you let it start it only ends when you make the magic guess between u3, low fireball, MB fireball, and parry - and maybe throw.

You sure can blow it up for a lot of damage, but I have yet to do it in an actual match. Scary bastard.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I've not been able to deal with all the f4 stuff from him. I studied the options, practiced the FB. I get what I should more or less be going for, but man, I just can't.

It's just a steam roller of a move that you can't challenge with anything. Once you let it start it only ends when you make the magic guess between u3, low fireball, MB fireball, and parry - and maybe throw.

You sure can blow it up for a lot of damage, but I have yet to do it in an actual match. Scary bastard.
As a Liu player, I can confirm that it's purely based on reads.

I would say the next step, having already learned your options and practiced the Fb, is to look for patterns. I find most ppl (me included) when they start their Liu Kang pressure with F4, they begin with F4 only, then F43 so I would watch for that. Also at the end of a match, if you're close to death, most Liu Kang players never complete F43U3 so that last hit seldom comes since they are afraid of a poke. They also typically wont end it at F4 because they want to get in as much chip damage as possible before cancelling into an amplified fireball. Or because it's the end of the round and you are close to death, we, Liu Kang disciples, know that our opponents are just looking for a window to interrupt so we do F43~Parry. Basically, at the end of a round, keep blocking and we will make a mistake.

These are obviously match and individual dependent but I feel they are common trends when you find yourself in these scenarios.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Or you can just hold block and wait for that low fireball and full combopunish, if he thinks your blocking too much you dont do d3 like you said but fast buttons into full combo.
but if you wait for the fireball, the last kick is + on block and guess what? you're stuck in another f+4 loop again

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
As a Liu player, I can confirm that it's purely based on reads.

I would say the next step, having already learned your options and practiced the Fb, is to look for patterns. I find most ppl (me included) when they start their Liu Kang pressure with F4, they begin with F4 only, then F43 so I would watch for that. Also at the end of a match, if you're close to death, most Liu Kang players never complete F43U3 so that last hit seldom comes since they are afraid of a poke. They also typically wont end it at F4 because they want to get in as much chip damage as possible before cancelling into an amplified fireball. Or because it's the end of the round and you are close to death, we, Liu Kang disciples, know that our opponents are just looking for a window to interrupt so we do F43~Parry. Basically, at the end of a round, keep blocking and we will make a mistake.

These are obviously match and individual dependent but I feel they are common trends when you find yourself in these scenarios.
I was just beating someone using Kabal for awhile. I always lose to Kabal, so that was new. Then they went LK and just got blown the crap up. I FB it twice in the first match or two and even landed a KB because of it. I think I FB it 5 times or so total, so I feel OK about that part. Punished MB fireball a time or two, but that's just way not enough to discourage it. I'm guessing I would need to blow it up twice as much or more before someone is forced to try other things.

Of course they never figured out I was using -9 move the entire time, so it's not like I was forced to dig deep either. Nobody seems to have actually figured that one out.

See....after f4 3 up3, that was suppose to live the player that read patiently that liu kang would do that with more frames in order to at least....get out of the situation.

It seems they don't know what the fuck they are doing and we are here trying to solve a probelm that is not ours.

Nrs really needs to learn how create a decent competitive fighting game.