What's new

Question - Raiden little help with three f12b2?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Hold Forward press 12, Hold Back press 2. you input it just how it says. works fine for me. just practice it

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Like what MadeOfMetal says. Just like how you got used with Johnny Cage you should do the same for Raiden.

MadeOfMetal

Like what MadeOfMetal says. Just like how you got used with Johnny Cage you should do the same for Raiden.
Man this community is 99% Tier Whores, there is like 5 people for all the honest characters. hear me out, when Quan was OP everyone on him, now there is like 4 Summoner mains left on this site, same thing for Kung Lao, Tanya, and tremor when basically 99% of the people on here thought X character was broken they hoped on the band wagon and picked them up. now all the characters that where shit or mid tier before or after nerfs there is only a handful of people using them.

and the 99% i talk about talk shit on those characters getting buffs or help. thos people are happy no matter cuz they have there best character always and just want to win at any costs.

its sad look at Quan Threads and you will find there is like only 4 people left using him. Cyrax is basically dead me Scarsunseen mustard and a few others use him, even so called ones that made Cyrax threads quit game or swapped main altogether. No wonder there is so much Salt on TYM and people hating on Buff request for bad characters, and only Nerf threads, cuz they want their Character OP and others nerfed so they can win easy.

Just a thought.

MadeOfMetal

some people don't have the Muscle Memory we have built up after mastering several characters. He just has to Get the timing down. alot of strings are kindof hard no matter who tries to make it look easy. It's only easy because we practiced and Practiced some more untill our Brains imprinted the string, and now our fingers just move without thought.

Some others that are kinda hard to do, when first picking up the character:

Kenshi B3 xx DB1, Cyrax F4 xx DB1 +BLK, Jacqui 4U+4, Reptile B1D4 xx BF4/ Reptile Noxious 34 xx DD3, F412. Sub Zero Unbreakable B12 xx Aura 242.

You get what i mean. @Dravum you will get it. and i assure you its easy just practice it, and make sure you turn off in Wireless Settings, Easyinputs, Release Check and Directional inputs. make sure all 3 things say OFF. cuz that could make you fuck inputs up when using Xbox One Controller/ Playstation 4 Controller.

Tanno

Man this community is 99% Tier Whores, there is like 5 people for all the honest characters. hear me out, when Quan was OP everyone on him, now there is like 4 Summoner mains left on this site, same thing for Kung Lao, Tanya, and tremor when basically 99% of the people on here thought X character was broken they hoped on the band wagon and picked them up. now all the characters that where shit or mid tier before or after nerfs there is only a handful of people using them.

and the 99% i talk about talk shit on those characters getting buffs or help. thos people are happy no matter cuz they have there best character always and just want to win at any costs.

its sad look at Quan Threads and you will find there is like only 4 people left using him. Cyrax is basically dead me Scarsunseen mustard and a few others use him, even so called ones that made Cyrax threads quit game or swapped main altogether. No wonder there is so much Salt on TYM and people hating on Buff request for bad characters, and only Nerf threads, cuz they want their Character OP and others nerfed so they can win easy.

Just a thought.
I don't think that this TYM is the only one having Quan Chi mainers like 4 people. There are a lot outside of TYM. In PC I encountered a fellow Greek, who mained Summoner Quan Chi. He told me about Quan Chi's problem with the bat.

Once the game gets properly balanced, I'm sure that nobody will use those broken characters to shit around.

Tanno

some people don't have the Muscle Memory we have built up after mastering several characters. He just has to Get the timing down. alot of strings are kindof hard no matter who tries to make it look easy. It's only easy because we practiced and Practiced some more untill our Brains imprinted the string, and now our fingers just move without thought.

Some others that are kinda hard to do, when first picking up the character:

Kenshi B3 xx DB1, Cyrax F4 xx DB1 +BLK, Jacqui 4U+4, Reptile B1D4 xx BF4/ Reptile Noxious 34 xx DD3, F412. Sub Zero Unbreakable B12 xx Aura 242.

You get what i mean. @Dravum you will get it. and i assure you its easy just practice it, and make sure you turn off in Wireless Settings, Easyinputs, Release Check and Directional inputs. make sure all 3 things say OFF. cuz that could make you fuck inputs up when using Xbox One Controller/ Playstation 4 Controller.
It took me a while to achieve the Muscle Memory for Sub Zero, and in the same time I had to learn off by heart all the combos. Mastering the character needs to have muscle memory, knowledge about the combos, the weaknesses and advantages, and the experience with his MUs. Back then I was a casual, but now with MKX that became competitive and has physic laws in it I had to learn everything about the fighting games. The other thing that some people don't have is the fighting spirit. Sonic Fox and Scar do have this fighting spirit and know how to react against other characters.

The same is applied for every character.

MadeOfMetal

I don't think that this TYM is the only one having Quan Chi mainers like 4 people. There are a lot outside of TYM. In PC I encountered a fellow Greek, who mained Summoner Quan Chi. He told me about Quan Chi's problem with the bat.

Once the game gets properly balanced, I'm sure that nobody will use those broken characters to shit around.
that may be so, but i have watched the same people hop from what they think is the most broken at the time, over and over. and shit on bottom tier characters and argue about them getting buffed, they make arguments like said character is good and doesn't need it, or it could take away from another variation. what id love to see is all the bottom and mid brang up to top tier level, and the S tier get toned down to A,A+ and then patches stop. and let it be. no matter how many people complain about something being broken cuz we know that will always happen in a fighting game, recently i herd a person on this forum who complained about Scorpion Inferno being broke, I laughed so hard. no matter how many people explained why the other two variations are far better, that person did not get it.

this is why i believe that on TYM and other forums/social media sites, people will complain about some character and how broke it is even if its not. because everyone has to have an excuse why they lost or a bad guy to vent there matchup problems.

Dravum

hello darkness my old friend...
that may be so, but i have watched the same people hop from what they think is the most broken at the time, over and over. and shit on bottom tier characters and argue about them getting buffed, they make arguments like said character is good and doesn't need it, or it could take away from another variation. what id love to see is all the bottom and mid brang up to top tier level, and the S tier get toned down to A,A+ and then patches stop. and let it be. no matter how many people complain about something being broken cuz we know that will always happen in a fighting game, recently i herd a person on this forum who complained about Scorpion Inferno being broke, I laughed so hard. no matter how many people explained why the other two variations are far better, that person did not get it.

this is why i believe that on TYM and other forums/social media sites, people will complain about some character and how broke it is even if its not. because everyone has to have an excuse why they lost or a bad guy to vent there matchup problems.
Thanks bro and i also play summoner quan and jacqui. Ive got jacquis 4u4 locked in and its muscle memory now, ill just keep practicing its just the hitbox is little and timing is hard.

Tanno

Thanks bro and i also play summoner quan and jacqui. Ive got jacquis 4u4 locked in and its muscle memory now, ill just keep practicing its just the hitbox is little and timing is hard.
That makes 6 Quan Chi mainers. Never knew that you would be a Jaqui mainer. If you have PS4, add me. My ID is below my avatar. Need some experience with Jaqui as a GM SZ mainer. 4U4? You mean the stanky leg? I heard about this and it's hard as fuck.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I hate this string. I've wanted to play Displacer but this string was like a brick wall to me. Execution usually isn't TOO big of an issue for me but holy crap this string and the delicious meterless damage that comes with it. Just keep trying at it and you'll golden, be stronger than I was. Become the Displacer God.

Tanno

I hate this string. I've wanted to play Displacer but this string was like a brick wall to me. Execution usually isn't TOO big of an issue for me but holy crap this string and the delicious meterless damage that comes with it. Just keep trying at it and you'll golden, be stronger than I was. Become the Displacer God.
It's a good suggestion that the teleportation replaces the LRC, but it's a bit of a risk due of not having a good string to attack after the teleportation. :/

CrazyFingers

It's a good suggestion that the teleportation replaces the LRC, but it's a bit of a risk due of not having a good string to attack after the teleportation. :/
String xx EX Tele is SUPER fucking plus dependent on the string. Also after restand you can cancel into Tele and bag a free mixup. The thing with displacer is

A: F12B1 is your main source of meterless damage and those combos are HARD without a ton of dedication.

B: DU+BLK inputs are the worst and all of them should be changed to having actual button inputs.

C: How you use your mobility can make or break you. Use it too much, you get predictable, use it too little, you get walked on.

All in all I LOVE Displacer, it's all the cool shit about Raiden that I've loved from the first time I saw him, but it is not for the feint of heart, you need to put the time in on him.

Tanno

String xx EX Tele is SUPER fucking plus dependent on the string. Also after restand you can cancel into Tele and bag a free mixup. The thing with displacer is

A: F12B1 is your main source of meterless damage and those combos are HARD without a ton of dedication.

B: DU+BLK inputs are the worst and all of them should be changed to having actual button inputs.

C: How you use your mobility can make or break you. Use it too much, you get predictable, use it too little, you get walked on.

All in all I LOVE Displacer, it's all the cool shit about Raiden that I've loved from the first time I saw him, but it is not for the feint of heart, you need to put the time in on him.
I see. Can you tell me some combos including the B14xxback+away teleport? I would love to look into them. I almost got used with LRC.

CrazyFingers

I see. Can you tell me some combos including the B14xxback+away teleport? I would love to look into them. I almost got used with LRC.
So in the corner, ending any combo in B14 xx Tele (make sure it lands you in front of your opponent, not behind) it will restand and leave you very plus. This allows for you to starts your pressure via mixups or plus frames by canceling into EX Tele after a blockstring (some options jail into each other) I don't know a TON on displacer but the stuff I saw really made me want to find dirt, there's a decent amount of tech out there just gotta find it. If you like high mobility and scary corner game, displacer is a pretty good way to do that.

CrazyFingers

Oh and midscreen just going B14 xx Tele will teleport you behind them and set up for a mixup/jailing pressure

Tanno

So in the corner, ending any combo in B14 xx Tele (make sure it lands you in front of your opponent, not behind) it will restand and leave you very plus. This allows for you to starts your pressure via mixups or plus frames by canceling into EX Tele after a blockstring (some options jail into each other) I don't know a TON on displacer but the stuff I saw really made me want to find dirt, there's a decent amount of tech out there just gotta find it. If you like high mobility and scary corner game, displacer is a pretty good way to do that.
I know about them teleportations, and I'm not that stupid to get myself in corner. If I get to the corner by mistake, I react to tele getting away.

CrazyFingers

I know about them teleportations, and I'm not that stupid to get myself in corner. If I get to the corner by mistake, I react to tele getting away.
Fair enough. But yea if you like Raiden, Displacer is super cool, should check it out if it interests you.

Tanno

Fair enough. But yea if you like Raiden, Displacer is super cool, should check it out if it interests you.
I like Raiden since MK1. Used to play him along with Sub Zero. And I found by luck his fatality in MK1. xD

I like both TG and DP, but MoS is better with his lightning traps.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

Just a thought.
You're kinda right but at the same time characters like Tanya got hit pretty hard. I've been a day1 pyro main but I just gravitate towards Kitana and Cassie since Tanya got the treatment.
Don't mistake tier whores for people whose characters got needlessly destroyed.

Dravum

hello darkness my old friend...
That makes 6 Quan Chi mainers. Never knew that you would be a Jaqui mainer. If you have PS4, add me. My ID is below my avatar. Need some experience with Jaqui as a GM SZ mainer. 4U4? You mean the stanky leg? I heard about this and it's hard as fuck.
i would bro but sadly i have an xbox one, my johnny is amazing just have trouble with the 121 rc 121 really fast

Tanno

i would bro but sadly i have an xbox one, my johnny is amazing just have trouble with the 121 rc 121 really fast
Another option would be the Steam version, if you have the MKXL Beta on. ;)

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think OP was asking how to combo the string three times, not just how to do the string itself in the first place. It requires a slight run cancel between each and as alluded to by others already, isn't really worth the effort. Displacer and MoS are dope af but not worth the execution barrier/chance of dropping combos when the reward isn't even close to being worthy of the risk. Hopefully the patch will change their viability AND difficulty of use though.