What's new

Guide - Impostor List of special moves Shinnok copies with "Mimicry" special in "Impostor" variation -Updated 3/8/16

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Hello family. I created a list of the special moves that Shinnok steals from his opponent when he uses his “Mimicry” special move in the “Impostor” variation. Some of these are obviously more useful than others… While some enhance the potential for this character, others are seemingly useless and doesn't really add to the character (see his Kotal Kahn mimicry). Have fun training…

P.S.- For those of you who haven’t used the character yet, to perform your opponent’s special move, you do the exact same motion for the mimicry special.

P.P.S.- The special move by itself only does 2% damage.

1. Cassie Cage- Gun Shots
2. D’Vorah- Ovipositor Charge (a.k.a. Trident Rush)
3. Ermac- Tele-Hang
4. Erron Black- Sand Gust (Anti- Air Sand Grenade)
5. Ferra/Torr- Deep Stab (Command Grab)
6. Goro- Stomp
7. Jacqui Briggs- Bionic Dash
8. Jax Briggs- Dash Punch (The overhead version can be performed)
9. Johnny Cage- Shadow Kick
10. Kano- Ball
11. Kenshi- Rising Sword
12. Kitana- Fan Lift
13. Kotal Kahn- Air Takedown (Anti- Air Grab)
14. Kung Jin- Cartwheel Drop
15. Kung Lao- Hat Spin
16. Liu Kang- Flying Kick
17. Mileena- Ground Roll
18. Quan Chi- Trance
19. Raiden- Electric Fly ( a.k.a. "The Superman" as we called it back in the 90's)
20. Reptile- Force Ball (Shinnok can only use one speed)
21. Scorpion- Spear (Get Over Here!)
22. Shinnok- Nothing. He just keeps doing the “Mimicry” special over and over again.
23. Sonya Blade- Leg Grab
24. Sub-Zero- Ice Ball
25. Takeda- Tornado Strike

**DLC Characters**
Kombat Pack #1
1. Jason Voorhees- Killing Machine (Unlimited Armor Buff)
2. Tanya- Low Spin Kick (Spiral Arrow)
3. Predator- Stealth
4. Tremor- Stone Punch

Kombat Pack #2
1. Leatherface- Chain Sparks
2. Bo' Rai Cho- Fart Cloud
3. Triborg- Teleport Uppercut (Sektor)
Ice Ball (Cyber Sub-Zero)
Net (Cyrax)
Smoke Cloud (Smoke)
4. Alien- Tail Flip

Last edited:

nugava

Noob
Good shit.
22. Shinnok- Nothing. He just keeps doing the “Mimicry” special over and over again.
That's disappointing. I was hoping for something funny, like the big ass firebeam of Corrupted Shinnok.

Hello family. I created a list of the special moves that Shinnok steals from his opponent when he uses his “Mimicry” special move in the “Impostor” variation. Some of these are obviously more useful than others… While some enhance the potential for this character, others are seemingly useless and doesn't really add to the character (see his Kotal Kahn mimicry). Have fun training…

P.S.- For those of you who haven’t used the character yet, to perform your opponent’s special move, you do the exact same motion for the mimicry special.

P.P.S.- The special move by itself only does 2% damage.

1. Cassie Cage- Gun Shots
2. D’Vorah- Ovipositor Charge (a.k.a. Trident Rush)
3. Ermac- Tele-Hang
4. Erron Black- Sand Gust (Anti- Air Sand Grenade)
5. Ferra/Torr- Deep Stab (Command Grab)
6. Goro- Stomp
7. Jacqui Briggs- Bionic Dash
8. Jax Briggs- Ground Pound
9. Johnny Cage- Shadow Kick
10. Kano- Ball
11. Kenshi- Rising Sword
12. Kitana- Fan Lift
13. Kotal Kahn- Air Takedown (Anti- Air Grab)
14. Kung Jin- Cartwheel Drop
15. Kung Lao- Hat Spin
16. Liu Kang- Flying Kick
17. Mileena- Ground Roll
18. Quan Chi- Trance
19. Raiden- Electric Fly ( a.k.a. "The Superman" as we called it back in the 90's)
20. Reptile- Force Ball (Shinnok can only use one speed)
21. Scorpion- Spear (Get Over Here!)
23. Sonya Blade- Leg Grab
24. Sub-Zero- Ice Ball
25. Takeda- Tornado Strike
Excellent, I have asked a thousand people now, does he have an Ex Mimicry?????! Or can he Ex stolen special moves??????????

nugava

Noob
Nope, but in that variation, he has two air teleports (air du and air duf.) He appears above one side or the other of your opponent's head, and you can follow by an aerial attack, a little bit like Possessed Kenshi.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I don't know about Kotal's move not adding to the character. That move is such a good anti-air that it really adds to a character's arsenal.

The ones that I think don't add much are Cassie, Jacqui (he already has his shoulder move), Cage, Kano, Raiden, and maybe Sonya.

Still might as well steal the move for the damage boost and restand at the end of a combo though.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Question: If you do the enhanced version of the Mimicry special while already having stolen someone's does it become the enhanced version of their special?

nugava

Noob
Frame data?
You know what ? Let's hope the frame data is correct.
Air Tricky Portal: du (he appears in the other side), dub, he appears in the same side.) It can be done really close to the ground (Shoutouts to Hitbox players).
Start-up 17, Active: 0, Recover, 40, Block Adv: -57, Hit Adv: -57, Cancel 0 (I don't fucking understand the 3 last datas)

Last edited:

nugava

Noob
Also, is Mimicry like Zatanna's trance in the sense that if you whiff a normal, it'll reset the combo?
You cannot link a combo or even his fastest poke after the mimicry. It leaves the opponent standing like Quan Chi's trance, but it does not combo with anything. That move is a mid, has crazy range and his -16 on block.