What's new

Tech Legitimate Set Up?

MrAvA

Smashing.
Supes does crazy damage in the corner but think I found a set up that might push the damage further or even a legitimate TOD. Note this has to been done in the corner and having trait available. I will be using the Fortress of Solitude in the left corner as an example.

My standard corner combo is f23, 3~Trait, 3~MB Super Breath, Heat Zap, f2d1, 3~Low Scoop, 3~Super Breath 62%

But sometimes I do f2d1,3 too fast do and end up with f2d13. For that I always end up being in the corner, and that's the set up. I know what you guys gonna be thinking "why in the hell would I want to be in the corner" and the answer is interactables.

f2d13 is an untechable knockdown and I'm in the corner already so why not use the interactable while he gets up. He gets hit with the ship and you get a guarantee combo.

(near to the corner) f23, 3~Trait, 3~MB Super Breath, Heat Zap, f2d13 49%

Use interactable and he gets hit with the ship then dash away from the corner j3 f23 3 scoop 3 Super Breath 58%

So anyways that's the tech, You switch location in the corner so you can use the stage interactables in the corner when he wakes up. If this is a legitimate set up can we call it the AvA Set Up or The AvA tech so people would know that I can actually contribute into something :). But joking aside can you guys help me develop more set ups like the Fortress of Solitude , The other set ups are just like Atlantis where you can break the glass when he wakes up or at Wayne mansion where you throw a car at them and etc. So anyways I hope this becomes useful but if not I'll still try my best to find more tech to make Superman the best.

Important Notes: Fortress of Solitude (ship)
They cant even mash D1 to get out of it, jumping also doesn't work, and back dash... please of course they will still get hit.
Big characters Doom,Bane, Lex, and etc. require a optimized version which is just taking out Heat Zap and just dash after f2d13.
To beat a wake up special move just delay a tiny bit and then use the interactable. This beats aquamans df2, GL's db1, and even beats KF's slide. You can also use mb the interactable if you have the meter.
If the opponents has a armor grab( like Grundy) you wont be able to combo but he will take the damage from the ship and his grab will just whiff.
Deathstroke is the only one I know who can escape :(.
To beat black adams lighting cage just mb the interactable and watch him fly.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
I made a post about being able to cross-up after F2D13 in the corner, but I never thought to use interactables afterwards (I'm not a huge fan of them). My course of action was to go for some hard-to-block trickery, but why do that when impossible to block setups are guaranteed? This is such a good idea!

Based off what you just posted, I tried this combo, which uses an early trait that lasts throughout the first combo and partway through the interactable reset, thereby increasing overall damage. I took out the[MB] Breath and instead applied the bar of meter to make the interactable unstoppable. This variation of your idea is 1 Trait, 1 Meter, and it does incredible damage:

Left side of Fortress of Solitude;

223, 3~Trait, F2D1x2, F2D13 -> cross-up dash,

[MB] Interactable, dash underneath, j3, walk forward slightly, 3~[MB] Breath, Heat Zap, F2D1x2, 3~scoop, 3~Breath

MrAvA

Smashing.
I made a post about being able to cross-up after F2D13 in the corner, but I never thought to use interactables afterwards (I'm not a huge fan of them). My course of action was to go for some hard-to-block trickery, but why do that when impossible to block setups are guaranteed? This is such a good idea!

Based off what you just posted, I tried this combo, which uses an early trait that lasts throughout the first combo and partway through the interactable reset, thereby increasing overall damage. I took out the[MB] Breath and instead applied the bar of meter to make the interactable unstoppable. This variation of your idea is 1 Trait, 1 Meter, and it does incredible damage:

Left side of Fortress of Solitude;

223, 3~Trait, F2D1x2, F2D13 -> cross-up dash,

[MB] Interactable, dash underneath, j3, walk forward slightly, 3~[MB] Breath, Heat Zap, F2D1x2, 3~scoop, 3~Breath
So did you think this is practical because I feel that Supes has no great mix up so lets find something that we just kill everyone off with a single set up.

Just did your combo....... and it does too much damage so thank you.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
No, we should all all be thanking you for your great contribution to the Superman boards! TONY-T had a great idea with his [MB] Breath cross-up j.2, 22~interactable setup, but I was having problems hitting the cross-up on smaller characters, as the dummy in his vid was Lex. Shown here:

Your version is very practical, but I think only worth the investment on levels where you get VERY high damage combos from the corner interactables. I agree in that Superman needs to do massive damage in one shot, and this idea you had works to that effect.

BUT, if you were to use this on say Atlantis, or another level with a single hitting interactable that provides no combo, and pushes them OUT of the corner...that would be bad for our general strategy. So I think on levels like Atlantis, where the interactables don't give us huge damage benefit and even worsen our positional advantage, we should end combos normally and keep them in the corner to continue pressuring them.

Fortress of Solitude is so far the best place to implement this tech though!

MrAvA

Smashing.
It's very practical, but I think only worth the investment on levels where you get VERY high damage combos from the corner interactables. I agree in that Superman needs to do massive damage in one shot, and this idea you had works to that effect.

BUT, if you were to use this on say Atlantis, or another level with a single hitting interactable that provides no combo, and pushes them OUT of the corner...that would be bad for our general strategy. So I think on levels like Atlantis, where the interactables don't give us huge damage benefit and even worsen our positional advantage, we should end combos normally and keep them in the corner to continue pressuring them.

Fortress of Solitude is so far the best place to implement this tech though!
So in tournament play you want to have the 2nd player spot and when people find this out, they will never want to go against superman in Fortress of Solitude ever again. So the "AvA Set Up" is real a tech :D. I'm so happy that this can help you guys as much you guys help me with your post.

But I think the other set ups might be good still if you don't want to deal with their clash but overall I agree with you, better keep them in the corner.