What's new

Le Joker Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I watched the breakdown on YouTube and thought, "that's it?" The presentation was bad. Granted, what we actually SAW was quite good.

The trait is going to be everything for Joker. Having played him and Bane in INJ1 pretty extensively, I get the feel that Joker's laugh is going to make him strong, but only with good and constant management.

I saw a post worrying that the speed boosts would throw off timings of combos, well, make sure it's active and you can have the timing. That speed boost is going to make him play very close to his true character, and that's chaotic and unpredictable.

The teeth setups were rewarding in INJ1, I can't imagine how they'll reward a skilled Joker with that trait up.

EDIT: And thinking more about it, gunshot will be great for zoning with the trait. And level 3 trait with an armored and unblockable crowbar rush? People are going to have a fast crazy-ass clown running at them.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
I'm hearing that Crowbar otgs are gone, ex rlg b3 d2 teeth j2 loops are gone, Crowbar is now -9, d1 is now -2, and 2,1 is just +2. Seems like he was nerfed tremendously if all this is true.

Boys, we might have to pray for a Shinnok miracle in the end.

EDIT: Message to anyone who has the game already - Please test these things.
1. Is f212 a mid this time? Because last time it was listed as a mid, but the 1 part of the string was a high.
2. Is 212 a mid this time? It seemed to only be a mid against a select few characters.
3. What are the strongest combos he can get out of a meter burned parry mid screen?
4. Can he really combo out of his super?
5. Is his crowbar still a wakeup move?

Last edited:

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
1. There is no f212, but there is f2,1. (Overhead)
I'm an idiot, sorry, I meant to write f232. The second part of this string should be a mid, but it wasn't treated as one. Is that still the case in this game or not? And of course, thank you for that information.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I'm hearing that Crowbar otgs are gone, ex rlg b3 d2 teeth j2 loops are gone, Crowbar is now -9, d1 is now -2, and 2,1 is just +2. Seems like he was nerfed tremendously if all this is true.

EDIT: Message to anyone who has the game already - Please test these things.
1. Is f212 a mid this time? Because last time it was listed as a mid, but the 1 part of the string was a high.
2. Is 212 a mid this time? It seemed to only be a mid against a select few characters.
3. What are the strongest combos he can get out of a meter burned parry mid screen?
4. Can he really combo out of his super?
5. Is his crowbar still a wakeup move?
I answer the 5- YES,
and add a few more:
6. Does the trait also speed up the proyectile move?So does it speed up ALL moveset?
7-Does the parry works for low moves?an OH moves? and for special moves?

I didn´t play Joker in INJ1, but the changes makes him AWESOME IMO

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I dug what i saw and im hyped that he is finally getting the tools to work his magic against the cast old and new...i cant WAIT to see how he stacks up now. I dig that you can potentially do running crowbar set ups a la leatherface killer variation...oh the possibilities...im hyped..

Does anyone know if the joybuzzer catches low moves?
Now THIS i really want to know...but it looked like some of the moves they were throwing out against it during the stream and his trailer (high and mids) and them not really even going for a low might mean that it cant (im guessing if an opponent reads it he can low profile and or d3 it etc).

I'm sure ex low canister, B3, d2 teeth, f23 will still work as your main bnb. Crowbar being unsafe and without an otg will be fine due to pushback and blockstun (if it's still similar to Inj1 crowbar). The frame data changes will be fine too if our mids finally work. I wouldn't freak out at all.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
If you delay the gunshot slightly so you release the gun during the part of the hit reaction where their head comes up you can still combo it.
True. But I guess that also makes it easier to blow up on block, he may end up a character largely dependent on mu knowledge again
Darn. Why does Joker always get jipped as far as parries go?
this parry seems way better than i1. Even if he can't parry lows

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
True. But I guess that also makes it easier to blow up on block, he may end up a character largely dependent on mu knowledge again
this parry seems way better than i1. Even if he can't parry lows
If anything I actually see that as an advantage:
- People could be expecting B13 and try to backdash the gap before the 3, you can confirm and blow them up by releasing gunshot if they do that
- Since it doesn't connect on hit straight away, if you try to do B1~gunshot MB for a combo since B1~rlgMB doesn't connect on it (or at least didn't before) then you can actually confirm it even though it's only one hit before the gunshot
- If B1~pull out gun gets blocked, the opponent doesn't backdash and tries to blow it up you can confirm it was blocked ad backdash away from the poke maybe

Just some theories anyway while we can't get our hands on him :p

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Damn I hope some of these chars get some day 1 frame data buffs. I'm hearing bane is -29 on that overhead elbow drop which is fucking nuts. Kung Lao was shit before the day 1 patch too tho so I know we can expect some slight changes

Status
Not open for further replies.