What's new

Question - Kung Lao kung lao basic help

How do i open someone up with kung lao? I like playing as him, he's really fun, but he has no low starting strings and seems easy to block. How do you guys get around this?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Buzz saw I think is the only one that can get by this

Do b2~low hat or b22 low hat a lot

On a blocked string try teleporting.

Throw a lot!

11 is 0 on block so spin or d1 after it.

Basically force your opponent to not play defensive. I had this problem yesterday and I fixed it

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
So do most people agree that buzzsaw is the way to go with Lao? I thought tempest looked interesting during all of the pre-release footage but in all of the actual matches I've seen the hat shield really doesn't do much.

skater11

The saltiest
If you're ever full screen and your opponent isn't advancing or is trying to zone you out. Use ex low hat and watch what your opponent does. React accordingly. Run to jump distance and watch what he does. If you sense he will just hold down and block it. You're at advantage in frames

Wasted

Noob
You don't need low starting strings to open people up. as long as you have access to cancellable overheads and cancellable lows you've got what you need to condition people.

Low ending strings do just fine. It's why Lao has a double overhead. If they want to eep stand blocking, change up your ender.