What's new

General/Other - Shaolin Kung Jin (Shaolin) Discussion Thread

zoofs

bless
I'd rather s1 so I can hit confirm off of it
you can hit confirm s2, its just harder
no,s2 is his best anti cross up.
that isn't factual at all, anti airs are almost always dependent on what you're anti airing as well as startup + hitbox + combo potential as factors

it does have fast startup but if you aa even remotely low to the ground its hard to hit confirm, startup is the same as d1 but without low profiling, worse hitbox than s1, etc.

its decent but i wouldnt immediately say its his best for every characters crossover, s1 might even be the best regardless of startup as it has the best hitbox

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main

that isn't factual at all, anti airs are almost always dependent on what you're anti airing as well as startup + hitbox + combo potential as factors

it does have fast startup but if you aa even remotely low to the ground its hard to hit confirm, startup is the same as d1 but without low profiling, worse hitbox than s1, etc.

its decent but i wouldnt immediately say its his best for every characters crossover, s1 might even be the best regardless of startup as it has the best hitbox
I don't like to play the 'its harder tho' game lol

zoofs

bless
I don't like to play the 'its harder tho' game lol
well that leads to my point, why anti air with something that is almost impossible to hit confirm if theyre pretty low

now if he meant tripguard or punish on landing frames in general then s2 probably is the best

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Yeah it's pretty character dependent what is the best for both cross overs and jump ins. s1 is what I tend to use when people are jumping out the corner because if you aa with 11, you can run under 34 divekick 34 upkick, shaolin drop for 30% and back in the corner.

Or if you're insane 11, run under 34, 34, divekick, 3 upkick, shaolin drop 34% meterless sideswap aa...

Last edited:

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........

i hear you,but i would like to test it sometime when you have the chance,it has great hit box imo.

stamatis

Yeah it's pretty character dependent what is the best for both cross overs and jump ins. s1 is what I tend to use when people are jumping out the corner because if you aa with 11, you can run under d1 and get a good conversion while putting them back in the corner.
Ok,what ever i said before about cross overs i exclude Sub's,,,,the only anti cross up for the fucker is EX cartwheel.:eek:

Trustypatches

@stamatis Hey are you sure Jin's latest njp is only +9? I only said it was that earlier because d4 jails after, but I was doing it pretty consistently so I imagine it could be more.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
anyone have success using u1 for crossups? I have been getting nice conversions recently using u1 against jumpins, but I have not really tried it for crossups

stamatis

well that leads to my point, why anti air with something that is almost impossible to hit confirm if theyre pretty low

now if he meant tripguard or punish on landing frames in general then s2 probably is the best
When i see that the opponent is performing a cross over,i just do 24,nothing to confirm,i just commit it.Well,if i play casuals i do s2xxbf4 but this is a bojutsu thing so it might be out of topic.:D

stamatis

@stamatis Hey are you sure Jin's latest njp is only +9? I only said it was that earlier because d4 jails after, but I was doing it pretty consistently so I imagine it could be more.
well my friend we have not many options to test it,after a late njp i have a safe s3,but when i try sometimes b1 the armour hits me.

stamatis

anyone have success using u1 for crossups? I have been getting nice conversions recently using u1 against jumpins, but I have not really tried it for crossups
i am afraid it a slow move,imagine that until jin turns around and perform a 11 frame move the opponent might hit you,anyway as i said above give s2 a try,you will be amazed.

Trustypatches

well my friend we have not many options to test it,after a late njp i have a safe s3,but when i try sometimes b1 the armour hits me.
I tried to jail a d2 after it (11 frames) but I couldn't get it. That being said I probably was never perfect on the frame of both the njp and the d2. I think it's most likely +10 when done the latest, though I wouldn't be surprised if it could be +11. Was just curious anyway, it's not like I would be going for a d2 afterwards lol.

zoofs

bless
i hear you,but i would like to test it sometime when you have the chance,it has great hit box imo.
ive tested it a bit and I always thought it actually had a better hitbox for forward jump ins but is way too inferior to u1
When i see that the opponent is performing a cross over,i just do 24,nothing to confirm,i just commit it.Well,if i play casuals i do s2xxbf4 but this is a bojutsu thing so it might be out of topic.:D
you can actually s2, divekick run 34 upkick or s2, s1, divekick to make it even easier

they have to be relatively high though while d1/s1 are super easy hit confirms even from nearly on the ground

stamatis

ive tested it a bit and I always thought it actually had a better hitbox for forward jump ins but is way too inferior to u1

you can actually s2, divekick run 34 upkick or s2, s1, divekick to make it even easier

they have to be relatively high though while d1/s1 are super easy hit confirms even from nearly on the ground
Didn't know you can press any button after a s2,I thought it was impossible, nice to know.

stamatis

I am 50miles away from Athens, so ΚΩΣ is reaaaaaaly far from me,have you ever been to Greece?

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Since the beta is as good as it is... I started doing the optimal midscreen combo and the f2 would always whiff the follow up wakeup or not. The 221db3d4 ender puts them on your hip and you have enough hit advantage for a free f2. I only use f2 after hkd when they're at my feet and/or in the corner. Most of my mileage comes from the safe pressure and having them react to me when I'm in control. Kinda like at the very beginning of a match and your thinking of what he's going to do the very moment the match starts... If he does this... I can beat him with that. KJ never officially loses his turn.

Edit: Meaning he's so safe that the upkick is almost the beginning of the next sequence of reads.

Last edited:

Trustypatches

Since the beta is as good as it is... I started doing the optimal midscreen combo... The 221db3d4 ender
221xxdb3d4 ender? If you're talking about midscreen could you explain how you would get this to work? I can't imagine you could get the shaolin drop to connect after upkick with the amount of pushback 221 gives. Unless you mean leaving them grounded after ex chakram and not on a juggle.

Also you should always have enough hitadvantage for a guarenteed f2 with shaolin drop enders, no matter what the gravity or positioning was.

Last edited:

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
String-mb db1-j2-221-db3d4 puts them right by you.

String-mb db1-j3-divekick-23-db3d4 puts them at sweep distance.

If you follow up with f243 for oki having them right by you helps. At least for me.

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
to what extent are you guys making use of staggers? For example, rather than doing a standard combo (such as starter, ex chakram, NJP, divekick, run 34 upkick, drop), do something like starter, ex chakram, ji2, 34 . . . B12, upkick drop. I've been noticing that including staggers/resets with strings such as 34 is the only way to get big enough damage to overcome major life deficits in certain situations. The question is how much to implement that vs. finishing a full combo.

Trustypatches

to what extent are you guys making use of staggers? For example, rather than doing a standard combo (such as starter, ex chakram, NJP, divekick, run 34 upkick, drop), do something like starter, ex chakram, ji2, 34 . . . B12, upkick drop. I've been noticing that including staggers/resets with strings such as 34 is the only way to get big enough damage to overcome major life deficits in certain situations. The question is how much to implement that vs. finishing a full combo.
It depends imo. If I'm playing someone who I know isn't consistently reacting to the oh I will go for 34 resets more. When you reset you typically leave 10% damage and the following oki on the table... However if you factor in that off blockstrings into upkick you do 7.13% chip (and build half a bar) anyway it's not a big loss if the following 50/50 is blocked (pretty much only 3%), it's just the oki is lost and you give them their turn effectively. However if it hits then you will typically get (without spending another bar) an extra 19% (or 9% more than finishing the combo would give) into oki. Like I said, if someone is reacting to it every time there is no benefit resetting... though if they aren't always reacting I definitely believe it is worth going for a reset every time (unless the combo will kill anyway). And like you said, to come back from a life deficit resets can be great. They don't have any choice of armoring, all they can do is hold the mixups until they guess right, they can break, you run out of bar for ex chakrams, or they run out of health.

Edit: I will almost always finish the combo if they won't have a bar because then they have to hold everything on wakeup anyway.

Last edited: