What's new

Question - Kotal Kahn Kotal Khan vs Kenshi help pls

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
I have serious trouble with that matchup. Balanced Kenshi is a nightmare for me. Can any one give me some good tips ? I must be patient in that MU that's for sure but what can I do more ?

I'll be greatful. I use Sun God and War God.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Just walk my friend,and once you get in he has nothing against your 9 frame mid ,poke him to death,and just watch him suffer!

Immortal

Blind justice....
Just walk my friend,and once you get in he has nothing against your 9 frame mid ,poke him to death,and just watch him suffer!
Most part of this sounds like some online "tech". The only part that is correct -> just walk, neutral duck TF, run in. And no you cant just poke him to death nor do 9 mid all day, his fastest poke is 8f. So unless this is online, he can always counter poke. Also watch out for EX RK wake up coz its will do 28% and put you full screen again.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
For Kotal with practice it's easy to get in. Neutral duck TF, run and use the super advancing mids. They are the key in this mu.

You have to use all your tools, to make Kenshi guess which special to use. Kenshi has an answer to everything you have, but if he does not pick the correct special at the correct moment is death for him.

I think Blood god is the way to go for Kenshi, because each time you get in it really pays off.

Most part of this sounds like some online "tech". The only part that is correct -> just walk, neutral duck TF, run in. And no you cant just poke him to death nor do 9 mid all day, his fastest poke is 8f. So unless this is online, he can always counter poke. Also watch out for EX RK wake up coz its will do 28% and put you full screen again.
i think he was joking

make him to commit to ex db1 and eat him alive, remember even after using df3 on you, if you are near him you can use b1 and go ham on him, he is really unsafe against u, remember his hand movement it helps alot to see what special he goes for and its really helpful to see when he uses db4

also if he jump in 1 you and u blocked it and if he tried to go for a attack insta lunch (launch) him, its -2 on block

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
make him to commit to ex db1 and eat him alive, remember even after using df3 on you, if you are near him you can use b1 and go ham on him, he is really unsafe against u, remember his hand movement it helps alot to see what special he goes for and its really helpful to see when he uses db4

also if he jump in 1 you and u blocked it and if he tried to go for a attack insta lunch (launch) him, its -2 on block

Hope the jump in 1 block advantage is fixed because it's absurd xD

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
The main problem online is I can't cancel run into block in right time :( Ok when I get close Kenshi can use armor and send me back of the screen. That is sooooooooooooo frustrating.

and if you are playing a good kenshi never use your db3 or your normal weapon throw from far, just walk or run in thats all and be careful about your ex verison of weapon throw (i forgot the name of it and input) cuz it doesnt have any armor and he can break it and you will be pissed for nothing

remember for getting in jump in 1 is your best friend but watch for his ex rising karma

i think this is one of the main reason they are not fixing kenshi (cuz of online too many people bitching about it (i know it from experience), i hope they fix him after giving casual players some time to have fun)

anyway if beating kenshi is a must u can always counterpick i would suggest to go with a character that has dive kick or teleport (most of the cast obviously)
i wont recommend it but if u must

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
i rephrase,he has 8 frame poke,kotal has 6,as about the mids,against a 9 frame mid,kenshi is weak,anyway my point is that once he gets in the match is in his favor!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Ok thx for the tips. I will try to improve myself.
I used to have the same trouble, Now, I just duck. You can react to everything else. Plus, if he dares actually do it - you can run up on him (and maybe even combo if you were close and fast enough) and nose-to-nose with KK is the last place Balanced Kenshi wants to be. Now, he has to work to get you away.