What's new

Kotal Kahn General Discussion

Zubro

Noob
So I’m trying out kotal Kahn cuz I loved him in mkx but man as a Jax main.......wtf do I do after d1???? This dude was mashing after it and nothing was working. Another d1? Cmd grab? F4?? Looking at his frame data he doesn’t have amazing options after it. I now understand why having no fast mid is ass man shit was infuriating. Any help would be appreciated.
Use d3. d1 is crap. Kotals d3 is amaze balls it jails into s1 f1 or s2. If ur using ascension d3 into 12 cmnd grab is common.

Use d3. d1 is crap. Kotals d3 is amaze balls it jails into s1 f1 or s2. If ur using ascension d3 into 12 cmnd grab is common.
Ahhh I was just thinking I gotta use something else!! Thank you dude I’ve been looking for a 2nd character and was sad I may have to drop him.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Ahhh I was just thinking I gotta use something else!! Thank you dude I’ve been looking for a 2nd character and was sad I may have to drop him.
I've been playing buluc for a couple weeks and d4 into either saw to keep them honest or totem for goal is life. F24 saw triple damage is nasty dont get me started on max totems throws kotal legit makes me happy about this game

I've been playing buluc for a couple weeks and d4 into either saw to keep them honest or totem for goal is life. F24 saw triple damage is nasty dont get me started on max totems throws kotal legit makes me happy about this game
I want to focus on ascension since I love command grabs personally but I saw titaniumtigerz play buluc and it looked terrifying

Dayvon

Noob
I want to pick up Kotal. I’ve noticed while practicing that I get a few input errors. For ex after ducking I try to do f2 but I get the special df2. I have input shortcuts On. Are there any Kotal players that play with input shortcuts On and don’t experience this?

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I love the totemic variation. Personally i think it's his best one but like BARELY lol he's solid and I'm loving him

I want to pick up Kotal. I’ve noticed while practicing that I get a few input errors. For ex after ducking I try to do f2 but I get the special df2. I have input shortcuts On. Are there any Kotal players that play with input shortcuts On and don’t experience this?
Hold down+back to block instead of just down. Blocks exactly the same but you are less likely to get a DF2 when you go from blocking to F2 simply because you're less likely to hit that diagonal down+forward as you change inputs. Input shortcuts will read that down+forward before forward as you trying to do a quarter circle forward.

Iron Lungs

The official "sweat child" of TYM
Kotal went from super trash to a complete jailing savage. If i wanted to start with him what variation should i go with first? Im thinking about the one with his uppercut.

I wish we could just pin 'Ascension is the best variation' on the thread.

You lose out on easy access to sunlight self-heal, which allows stuff like Geras sandtrap baiting or defensive corner trolling when you have the health lead, but you get SO much easy damage in return.

I need to play Ascension more. I honestly feel overly comfortable with Buluc that it actually becomes hard to play Ascension because I F24 waaaaaaay too much out of habit