What's new

Question Kombo slide after xray?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Fuckin around in the lab and actually managed to land a slide after xray that didn't reset the damage. Timing is super tight but its possible, took a 53% dmg XR combo to 58. Not that its practical, but just a tidbit.

-b_s- :headbang:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
there seems to be a tiny window when sub is resetting his stance and the opponent is shaking off the xray where you can do it and it be part of the combo. Im still trying to get it consistant against one char(reptile) then move on to another. since the chars animations when they shake off subs xray are different, I'm actually thinking this could be a frame-related thing? Any input would be appreciated.

Eight

I am the salt
there seems to be a tiny window when sub is resetting his stance and the opponent is shaking off the xray where you can do it and it be part of the combo. Im still trying to get it consistant against one char(reptile) then move on to another. since the chars animations when they shake off subs xray are different, I'm actually thinking this could be a frame-related thing? Any input would be appreciated.

Ill go test it myself and get back to ye

Dark_Rob

Noob
Well I did it with EX slide(which of course is impossible in an actual game since your out of meter after the xray) Still have yet to land it with a normal slide.
For shits and giggles though, I did JP,2,2,4,ice blast,dash back, B+1(whiff),2,2,1,4,xray,EX slide - 61% damage. I still cant get a normal slide to come out fast enough though.

Eight

I am the salt
I managed to land a normal slide once out of like a good 75 attempts. Did it against sheeva.

Timing is incredibly strict.

Was just doing plain xray to save time.

The one was mostly luck :b

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Well I did it with EX slide(which of course is impossible in an actual game since your out of meter after the xray) Still have yet to land it with a normal slide.
For shits and giggles though, I did JP,2,2,4,ice blast,dash back, B+1(whiff),2,2,1,4,xray,EX slide - 61% damage. I still cant get a normal slide to come out fast enough though.
It's crazy tight. Totally thinking its a frame thing the more I mess around with it.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I managed to land a normal slide once out of like a good 75 attempts. Did it against sheeva.

Timing is incredibly strict.

Was just doing plain xray to save time.

The one was mostly luck :b
I'm there with ya bud. :facepalm:

Dark_Rob

Noob
Ok I got it once. I have no idea what the timing is. I just started mashing B,F+4 as the xray was ending lol. I must have tried 50 times haha.

Eight

I am the salt
Ok I got it once. I have no idea what the timing is. I just started mashing B,F+4 as the xray was ending lol. I must have tried 50 times haha.
This is literally what I did. There must be like a 1 frame input window on that shit.

Eight

I am the salt
i dont know about regular sub but cyber his ex ice ball comes out faster

do you think you could hit with his iceball the same way?
As in substitute an ice ball for the slide here?

I doubt it would work, sub's ball has glacial start-up speeds, even slower than slide.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Great find! Gonna totally try it out and see if I can find a timing for it. This can be useful for those times you just need a lil more damage to kill an opponent. Imagine how hype it would be to land a random one at a tourney final. Lol.

Also. Is your opponent able to break the slide? I know you can't break xray. But the slide you can. But I'm thinking since the damage resets so does the hit counter. Maybe it will treat the slide as new combo starter making it unbreakable. I'll check it out.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Lolz, I'm learning too, totally found this by accident. Pretty sick though.
Thx to Solo for posting the vid, as I had no way to capture the find.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Lolz, I'm learning too, totally found this by accident. Pretty sick though.
Thx to Solo for posting the vid, as I had no way to capture the find.

No problem, man. I gave you the credit within the description.(I never would have thought of that. lol) Great find.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
No problem, man. I gave you the credit within the description.(I never would have thought of that. lol) Great find.
Now if I could just work on not sucking at this game, we'd be gravy. :D Learning sub is a....process to say the least, and a humbling one at that.

kisan

Noob
I did exactly what Dark Rob did.

the slide after xray is not going to work in a real match. The only reason it works in training mode is because the opponent does not move after the xray.
there are certain moves that put the opponent in an extended hitstun that can be canceled by moving. set the dummy to jump and you'll notice that it will jump before you even slide after the xray.

SZ freeze does this too. The opponent will shake off the ice and if you hit them during this animation it counts as a combo, but they can jump/walk/attack/block if they so choose during this time and cancel the hitstun animation.