What's new

Combo List - Kitana Kitana Combo thread

7L

Heads up!
option select midscreen combo. b14 lift f43 f43 3 ground fan, jump in kick air fan, f4 ender

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Struggling with hitting the second. Ima just have to give it some more practice.
The timing for the consecutive f43's is very awkward, don't worry, it's not just you. Remember to watch Kitana's legs though. As soon as she puts them back down you can enter your next command. Also, for the first f43 it helps to aim for their ass.

Also, I see a lot of people punish with 111 Fan. That's all well and good, but it scales the combo damage quicker than using 11 Lift. If you're punishing something and you know you'll hit, I suggest always doing 11 Lift.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Also, I see a lot of people punish with 111 Fan. That's all well and good, but it scales the combo damage quicker than using 11 Lift. If you're punishing something and you know you'll hit, I suggest always doing 11 Lift.
yeah this is true.

I mash 1,1,1~gf because I'm sloppy and worried the tight punishes in this game will screw me over and I'll get blown up for doing 1,1~lift. lbsh I bet a lot of us do this.

ideally you should use b+1,4 lift as the best punisher if she's close enough for it to reach.

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
I guess it doesn't help that I just got into fighters. Always played them but at a complete button mashing manner. Mkx is the first one I'm trying to get good at. My go to Kombo online e is f112,df1,jik,df1, run, 11, Bf1. I think it only gets like 30percent

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I stopped using the f4,3 combo after they made it difficult to njp or jk/fan after like the 3rd patch. This wasn't because it became too unreliable, just that using njp/lift/air fan to f33 fan to f33 lift (or njp) to f33 bf3 always gets the most damage... is there something I'm missing (very possible)? This string is always executable whether it starts with a lift, air fan or njp and gets 31% to 37% meterless midscreen depending on the starter and leaves them on the ground with minor advantage... why use f4,3 at all?

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
The timing for the consecutive f43's is very awkward, don't worry, it's not just you. Remember to watch Kitana's legs though. As soon as she puts them back down you can enter your next command.
Also, for the first f43 it helps to aim for their ass.

Aim for their ass, that's what I do too. If I miss the ass, I know I fucked up right then and there.

6ixty9

Noob
I stopped using the f4,3 combo after they made it difficult to njp or jk/fan after like the 3rd patch. This wasn't because it became too unreliable, just that using njp/lift/air fan to f33 fan to f33 lift (or njp) to f33 bf3 always gets the most damage... is there something I'm missing (very possible)? This string is always executable whether it starts with a lift, air fan or njp and gets 31% to 37% meterless midscreen depending on the starter and leaves them on the ground with minor advantage... why use f4,3 at all?
In regular notation what would a normal combo look like for you?? I didnt think you could do lift twice in combo?

e.g. from my understanding you're saying i could do 111~Lift, F33~Fan, F33~Lift, F33~ThroatSlice

Am i understanding your post correctly? wouldnt the combo get dropped at the 2nd lift in the above mentioned combo?

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
In regular notation what would a normal combo look like for you?? I didnt think you could do lift twice in combo?

e.g. from my understanding you're saying i could do 111~Lift, F33~Fan, F33~Lift, F33~ThroatSlice

Am i understanding your post correctly? wouldnt the combo get dropped at the 2nd lift in the above mentioned combo?
In a perfect world, the best meterless midscreen combo is the f1,1,2,fan -> jk, air fan -> RC, f3,3 lift -> RC, f3,[3]-> fan -> RC, Throat Slice. Every combo is basically based off of this. However, the combo doesn't have to start with f1,1,2 "standing"-fan. It is usually easier to pull of a 1,1,Lift when any poke opportunity opens up... when that happens, you use that combo "njp/lift/air fan to f33 fan to f33 lift (or jf-float-njp) to f33 bf3" If you notice, after the lift, I put (njp) because if you started with 1,1,lift, you can't use a second lift so you replace f33 lift with jf-float-njp, then continue f33 bf3. Hope this helps... This is why I love kitana because all you need is an opening long enough for a single standing poke to get 34% damage every time. You can fit it into a the middle of opponent's blockstrings if you know them well enough.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
it would be nice to have an idea on what combos are restricted what variations there's a pair of me I was practicing an assassin combo using royal storm before I realized the problem but an hour practicing .kind of an issue