What's new

Match-up Discussion Kinetic Balding's Cyborg matchup chart

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm skeptical that Catwoman beats Cyborg 7-3. It's probably in her favor because of his weak punishes but I don't know about 3-7.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
I'm skeptical that Catwoman beats Cyborg 7-3. It's probably in her favor because of his weak punishes but I don't know about 3-7.
Cyborg has no options. Cyborg cant zone her, rush her down, aa her and then when she gets the life lead, she can just sit back and evade. She out damages him mid screen by a lot. A 50 50 into 50% into a hkd and cw can really mess with cyborgs wu. Her b3 goes under all of his normals,strings, and special moves except his super. Even if cyborg gets the life lead, its so easy for cw to comeback because of her high damage and hkd into another 40-50%. In short, cyborg can't do anything.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Cyborg has no options. Cyborg cant zone her, rush her down, aa her and then when she gets the life lead, she can just sit back and evade. She out damages him mid screen by a lot. A 50 50 into 50% into a hkd and cw can really mess with cyborgs wu. Her b3 goes under all of his normals,strings, and special moves except his super. Even if cyborg gets the life lead, its so easy for cw to comeback because of her high damage and hkd into another 40-50%. In short, cyborg can't do anything.

Sounds like a 0-10.

I don't know about can't AA her. Between his different AA options he should have all of her jumps covered. He has a fully invincible wakeup too, although the risk/reward sucks.

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Sounds like a 0-10.

I don't know about can't AA her. Between his different AA options he should have all of her jumps covered. He has a fully invincible wakeup too, although the risk/reward sucks.
Can she evade projectiles? And the risk/reward on the wake-up is bad though, normally the damage from power fist + the chip from putting someone full screen is worth it but if he can't really zone her than the risk/reward is massively skewed in her favour. It's not like GL for instance who gets a combo off his invincible wake-up into a setup.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
She can evade his fireball. The evade has recovery though, so using it to get in is kind of a bill. Like she cannot evade a fireball and then MB Cat Dash another. Depending on when she evades she might not be able to evade and then get a dash in before another hits. It's good for stalling though, if she has a lead.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
. can she b3 under NB and dash in?
She can evade his fireball. The evade has recovery though, so using it to get in is kind of a bill. Like she cannot evade a fireball and then MB Cat Dash another. Depending on when she evades she might not be able to evade and then get a dash in before another hits. It's good for stalling though, if she has a lead.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It depends on the circumstances. She could potentially b+3 under one and then duck under a second because she's low in the recovery of b+3.

You know where to find me if you're looking for the mu experience. I played that mu extensively with @BiPolarExxpress at mlg anaheim and we agreed to the mu was a 5-5. Both characters have the tools to deal with each others playstyle.
Yea that matchup felt extremely even. Cyborg has insane meter build and keep away, but when bane gets that knockdown its pretty much a health bar.

Reactions: Kyu

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Don't worry kinetic balding they did the same thing to me in the cat-woman forum thread. Most of these people that disagree with you probably don't even play at the highest level of play like you do. All they try to do with cyborg is zone. kinetic balding proves these fools!!!!! wrong and shut them up for life like I did in the cat woman forum thread.

The Mu for Catwoman vs Cyborg is probably 2-8 at best, Catwoman favor.

HuntR

"Getting stronger... Much stronger...."
Seriously? DD 5-5? I beat your cyborg in every set.. Smh even after you said your cyborg has leveled up... Smh

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Seriously? DD 5-5? I beat your cyborg in every set.. Smh even after you said your cyborg has leveled up... Smh
It's not about beating people in sets. It how the character do well in the Mu and what tools he has to make it a even playing field. though you beat Ricky bobby cyborg most of the time.

Just like my catwoman vs your doomsday you beat me 8-10.
She really does good in the Mu to be a 5-5 by using her tools properly.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Ha you 10-7 ed me the day I came back from my 1 month break. Such a slight advantage score. Imagine the score if I never took a break.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
No way Selina beats Cyborg 7-3. 6-4 at best. Might even be 5-5 at the highest possible level.
Most of this is untrue. He can zone her. Maybe not as easy as some characters but it's there. He has a decent d2 and a decent j1, both standard issue AA's for Injustice and both are adequate for dealing with cw. Yea if cw gets in and gets a combo she does her thing. Thats her vs. most of the cast. That's her wheelhouse. It's not a weakness of Cyborg.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
No way Selina beats Cyborg 7-3. 6-4 at best. Might even be 5-5 at the highest possible level.

Most of this is untrue. He can zone her. Maybe not as easy as some characters but it's there. He has a decent d2 and a decent j1, both standard issue AA's for Injustice and both are adequate for dealing with cw. Yea if cw gets in and gets a combo she does her thing. Thats her vs. most of the cast. That's her wheelhouse. It's not a weakness of Cyborg.
I picked catwoman against him and won...without doing a single combo

HuntR

Ha you 10-7 ed me the day I came back from my 1 month break. Such a slight advantage score. Imagine the score if I never took a break.
It was 8-1 on a good connection. The next games you won your connection went thru the grind and cyborg on extreme lag is a force with those fireballs

HuntR

It was 8-1 on a good connection. The next games you won your connection went thru the grind and cyborg on extreme lag is a force with those fireballs
And I came back from a 1 month break too

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Aqua man is not better than cyborg period... to hell with tom bradys aqua man..... this post is not a troll either... now pigs sinestro and zod is a different story

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
What good is Cyborg if he's going to get blasted by all the other zoners (Martian, Zod, Sinestro, Raven) badly? Even Ares beats him convincingly.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Bullshyt.... all you have to do is sucker Ares players into teleporting behind you and than cyborg gets free corner pressure were he shines the most lmao wtf cyborgs you playing bruh