What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost normalized into Jade 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Guys I did extensive research and testing with the new normalized Killer Frost tonight at GGA. I can confirm she is in fact still a viable character. Probably more like Mileena than Jade. Carry on.

Belial

Noob
Hard KD was already ridiculous enough so Im totally ok with having to use meter for reset. Its not a real nerf, there are many other hitstun traps.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
The ice maiden has been normalized by Paulo. We're doomed.

It is now easier for a human to do a wakeup attack after a hard knockdown. This means her slide doesn't OTG after sweep, u+3 or command grab and dash up slide/f+3 is no longer a ridiculous 50/50 after those moves.

Also the hit advantage on daggers has been significantly reduced, only a handful of frames of advantage now. You can easily blow her up for trying to do f+3, b+1 or slide after the daggers. Her most damaging standing reset into 50/50 is gone.

Discuss these nerfs.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Before, after an ex wc or aa-grab, there was a very small window to wakeup... even someone who knows the timing could and would mess up the timing and get grabbed. Now the windows is larger and even scrubs can wakeup like in MK. So... this hurts Grundy.

maybe give him back that unclashable damage then eh?

After daggers you could only jump away from f3 but not from Slide. But f112 xx trait cancel grants a lot more frame advantage anyway at the cost of less damage.

I just tested it and you can't jump out of either options after f112 xx 4. And you can only backdash or MB b3 her overhead (after daggers you could MB b3 both options).

So yeah the nerf to her daggers means nothing because her trait cancels were the real broke thing about her lol. And the OTGs being fixed just means she can't get her 50/50s going everytime she knocks you down.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Guys I did extensive research and testing with the new normalized Killer Frost tonight at GGA. I can confirm she is in fact still a viable character. Probably more like Mileena than Jade. Carry on.
It's true, infact I would say that Killer Frost is doing better then either of those two, atleast I can look at KF in the face without being horrified...

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Well,

GGA 16 Bit...As much as I do not want to feed this troll, I will bite.

A. I thought daggers had been rendered obsolete by f112~4 or a trait charge times to catch them unfreezing.And we still have the blockstring/trait cancels to set up 50/50s.
B. Wake ups are not that big of a deal....damn, we will have condition them now
C. You're bad and I hate your mother.
D. You're mother hates you as well.
E. Not really, I love your face.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
After daggers you could only jump away from f3 but not from Slide. But f112 xx trait cancel grants a lot more frame advantage anyway at the cost of less damage.

I just tested it and you can't jump out of either options after f112 xx 4. And you can only backdash or MB b3 her overhead (after daggers you could MB b3 both options).

So yeah the nerf to her daggers means nothing because her trait cancels were the real broke thing about her lol. And the OTGs being fixed just means she can't get her 50/50s going everytime she knocks you down.
Lol we knew this lol. But welcome to the family :) and I'm glad you know this nerf was nothing.

I wasn't replying to you or 16 bit. Someone said you could just jump out of her mixups.

And I'm not picking up KF lol gtfo. I consider Black Adam honest and fair compared to the ice bitch. :)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

I love that no one really knows anything about the tech we have been posting in this forum for a few months now. I understand this character is awesome and people struggle with her, but sometimes I feel like no one really tries to understand her sometimes and that partially leads to them getting blown up.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I swore it was zero before. As soon as I saw +2, I went into training and set the dummy to do Corp charge as a reversal, which is 6f. He blocked my d1, and I interrupted her reversal with d1 slide. BUFF CONFIRMED!

lol yea i thought it was zero, fucking awesome!!!! :D :D:D
cheers for saving me the test to confirm also.
you should make a thread in the frost forum maybe to spread the good word

so kf gets nerfed in v1.04......

:REO nope!!! get buffed bro!

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Also, people may think "so what bro. It's only +2". Yes, it doesn't seem like much, but this sets up more frame traps for Killer frost. If poking her was bad before, it's DEFINITELY bad now.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I swore it was zero before. As soon as I saw +2, I went into training and set the dummy to do Corp charge as a reversal, which is 6f. He blocked my d1, and I interrupted her reversal with d1 slide. BUFF CONFIRMED!
It was definitely neutral on block before. Are you serious it is +2 now?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

1912-so-much-win.jpg

killer frost.pngThis mean you don't like me?

Announcer: Here at EVO 2013 we're proud to announce our brand new game: D1, Slide. One button D1, the other button slides.

GOD-SO-MUCH-WIN.jpg

Ask not for whom the bell tolls: It tolls for thee, haters of the Ice Maiden.

Needless to say, I am pleased.

Ode to the whiners:
Dost thou know where thine tears reside?
It lies in the heart of D1 slide.
Dost thou think goes unnoticed your chide?
Feel then, the power of D1 slide.
Rebuke. Insult. Cry for nerfs, you may,
But the power of the Maiden is here to stay.
You come, you see, but conquer you do not,
For the 50/50 will put you in a difficult spot.
Your tears, they fuel me. Oh yes you may spite me.
But I bat an eyelash and inquire: This mean you don't like me?

I will not beat you in the mall
I will not beat you by a ball
I will not beat you far and wide
I shall beat you with D1 slide

Status
Not open for further replies.