What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
First of all, a single series does not determine a match. Tom and I will talk more about this misconception on the podcast because Pig also believes in that nonsense.

You need to familiarize yourself with some of Zod's frame traps. For example, if you block an MB low laser, side arm cannot be interrupted but can be crouch blocked. Iceberg trades with regular and fast rifle shots, but I recover faster on the ground unless you do MB iceberg. Also, trait activation after blocked MB low laser is not guaranteed. You can punish Zod with iceberg but not on reaction because of the block advantage.

Phantom strike (i.e., the palm) is horrendous on whiff. Every time you see Zod whiff slide for the easy punish.

The problem with spamming daggers is that you do no chip damage while Zod's trait is recharging. If I were a Killer Frost player, I would stay at mid range just outside of phantom strike range where you can slide under side arm, whiff punish phantom strike, jump over rifle shots, etc. Zod's post-slide game is excellent, but I would still slide randomly sometimes.

I am not sure who wins this match, but I am very confident that Zod wins on a stage like the prison cell.
U act like I've played this MU once

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Dlc has been out since July 2nd, I've played a ton of frost matches because of recent gripes w sinestro and frost MU

I've asked u many times to play it but never do u accept

Maybe it's you who hasn't played it much but for me I've played a ton so I'm comfortable saying at minimum it's 5-5
lol, you asked me to play like 3 times at the worst possible times ever. Don't act like I am ducking you or something I want to play the MU. I will text you or something next time I want to play to see if you are available. I am assuming you are playing a lot more on xbox because I haven't seen you on psn much when I've been playing.

Dunno if you guys knew this, but MMH's 222 string can be parried if you are blocking low.

Edit: did some further testing. This string is weird. If MMH is in trait, there's a certain range where the string cannot be parried, even while blocking low. That range is basically at the start of the round and further away. Any step closer, and the string gets parried.

MMH's 223 is like GL's b13. It's just not worth trying to get fancy, MMH gets up to mid 40's meterless using that string.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
MMH's 223 is like GL's b13. It's just not worth trying to get fancy, MMH gets up to mid 40's meterless using that string.
22b3? That string is good on block and hit, but you can react to the third hit and parry or 111 punish it. Kinda hard to 111 it outside of a read though.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

I wasn't talking about 22b3. I'm talking about 222. It get parried.

And what do you mean by get fancy? If 22b3 is coming, its getting blown up, much like GL b13.

I am not sure about 222, I am 100% sure about 22b3. I thought that was the one you were talking about because it is the one that leads to bigger damage.

Yup that's the one. Parry might be easier but generally speaking trying to 6f normal interrupt GL's b13 is suicide because you its hit or miss on whether or not GL will do the launcher or the interruptable one. With MMH I guess it's similar but in a reversed manner. Here the interruptable string is also the launcher so you will always want to interrupt it and if you get hit it's because of 222 then and then MMH just gets oki. Still, using a parry to interrupt isn't the same as using a 6f normal so maybe it is a lot easier with the MB Parry.

I wasn't talking about 22b3. I'm talking about 222. It get parried.

And what do you mean by get fancy? If 22b3 is coming, its getting blown up, much like GL b13.

If you're talking about 222 being interruptable then go try 22b3 because that one too has a gap =)

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Zod beats Killer Frost. I'm not even surprised
The sooner people realise that a character that has 4 tools to play footsies and half of them require metre to do anything isn't infact top 10, let alone breaking bottom 5 the better

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Zod beats Killer Frost. I'm not even surprised
The sooner people realise that a character that has 4 tools to play footsies and half of them require metre to do anything isn't infact top 10, let alone breaking bottom 5 the better
I didn't think it would come to this. But your tyranny has got to come to an end.

XBL RIGHT NOW. IF YOU WIN I WILL NEVER USE KILLER FROST AGAIN. IF I WIN, YOU SWITCH YOUR AVATAR TO ANYTHING NON KILLER FROST AND NEVER SPEAK ILL OF HER AGAIN ON TYM

Anyone who wants to film this can start a KOTH.

You in or are you afraid? Considering how all the matches we've ever played many months ago went, I don't blame you. YOU CANNOT HOPE TO GET AWAY WITH YOUR INSOLENCE!

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I didn't think it would come to this. But your tyranny has got to come to an end.

XBL RIGHT NOW. IF YOU WIN I WILL NEVER USE KILLER FROST AGAIN. IF I WIN, YOU SWITCH YOUR AVATAR TO ANYTHING NON KILLER FROST AND NEVER SPEAK ILL OF HER AGAIN ON TYM

Anyone who wants to film this can start a KOTH.

You in or are you afraid? Considering how all the matches we've ever played many months ago went, I don't blame you. YOU CANNOT HOPE TO GET AWAY WITH YOUR INSOLENCE!
I remember those matches and I remember d1 (on block) into a non-mb f3 being uninterruptable and unblockable because pressing back online was equivalant to a neutral jump
I do have a life outside of this game and outside of 'downplaying' or whatever you enthusiastic young children call it

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I remember those matches and I remember d1 (on block) into a non-mb f3 being uninterruptable and unblockable because pressing back online was equivalant to a neutral jump
I do have a life outside of this game and outside of 'downplaying' or whatever you enthusiastic young children call it
I see, the fear is palpable. Just as I assumed. Remember the peril in your heart at this moment the next time you post blasphemy.

Pig Of The Hut

lol, you asked me to play like 3 times at the worst possible times ever. Don't act like I am ducking you or something I want to play the MU. I will text you or something next time I want to play to see if you are available. I am assuming you are playing a lot more on xbox because I haven't seen you on psn much when I've been playing.
Back on ps3 this week

Pig Of The Hut

Ok I think it's time that we discuss match ups for each character in the game. I think it's safe to say that we have experience against most of the cast now, and some of us have more experience than others, so I decided to make this thread for those players who need help in a particular MU.

Below is a list of every character released so far (DLC will be updated). Anyone who has any type of experience in the MU is welcome to leave a comment. Maybe there's something you figured out and we don't even know it could help us.

Aquaman: 6-4

Ares: 6-4

Bane: 6-4

Batgirl: 6-4

Batman: 5-5

Black Adam: 5-5

Cat woman: 6-4

Cyborg: 6-4 (wouldn't argue 5-5)

Deathstroke: 6-4

Doomsday: 7-3

The Flash: 5-5

Green Arrow: 5-5

Green Lantern: 5-5

Harley Quinn: 5-5

Hawk girl: 5-5

The Joker: 6-4

Killer Frost (mirror):

Lex Luthor: 6-4

Lobo: 6-4

Martian Manhunter: 4-6 (probably 5-5)

Night wing: 6-4

Raven: 6-4

Scorpion: 6-4

Shazam!: 7-3

Sinestro: 7-3

Solomon Grundy: 6-4

Superman: 6-4

Wonder Woman: 5-5

Zatanna: 6-4

Zod: 5-5
This is an extremely solid mu chart

Good work Frost community

I dont understand the 4-6 MMH thing because i have no clue what that mu looks like

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is an extremely solid mu chart

Good work Frost community

I dont understand the 4-6 MMH thing because i have no clue what that mu looks like

Thanks man I appreciate it.

The MMH MU is weird. The only good one I've played is reo but that was back at SJ. It was deemed 5-5 back then but I have no idea what it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.