What's new

Tech Killer Frost - Corner Reverse Wake-Up Tech

Maybe it is stage specific? I am trying and my timing looks to be no different than yours. So your dash is crossing them up?? I haven't got it to work one single time since like 11PM last night. Pretty odd considering I was getting it before.
I tested it on half the stages and their corners .... and it ONLY works on the right corner of batcave .... both the dash WU reverse and the command grab reverse. Oh well ...

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Never-mind I can get it with just doing the dash. As soon as the grab lands I count to a full 3 count and do the dash.

RiBBz22

I am actually at the airport now so no testing for a week for me. Escaping the Killer Frost in Jamaica

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So, for those trying to figure this out, if it is indeed stage dependent, I know for a fact that it works on the right corner of Atlantis. I haven't thoroughly tested the stages yet.

With that said I found a means of executing the Flash Freeze wake-up reversal with ease:
When you grab the opponent with Flash Freeze, rapidly tap down throughout it's animation. When Frost recovers from the animation wait for her to duck from your rapidly pressing down, immediately perform Flash Freeze when you see her enter duck animation (since you're already buffering down, just do bf+2).

I have 100% consistency with this. Now to test the stages... and delayed wake-ups...

(EDIT: a tip, it is possible to do the above too fast. in which case the wake-up will be reversed, but the OS freeze will whiff. Make sure you let her reach a full crouch state)

RiBBz22

Regardless about how the wake up reversal functions in terms of being stage related, KF will always cross up after a dash in neutral jump. With that in mind you can still do some effective setups like cross up neutral jump and corner air dash to avoid a lot of wake ups. Also if your opponent thinks you are going to go for that setup you can cancel your dash with a forward jump which should actually push you away from the corner if you do it right and a lot of the time if they do their wake up wrong you are still in a position to punish.

I also tried some other stuff before I left this morning like ending a combo with f23 dash and it appeared to always cross up their wake up... But I am pretty sure this isn't a true cross up with the limited testing I was able to do. Check it out and see if it is worth exploring... @teh_kingdunch @RunwayMafia @Ne'er-do-well @Rickyraws @xKhaoTik

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I've been keeping it simple and doing command grab, dash j2 for corner ambiguity for months. Still works against players who know it; still works against players who don't. A correct block is a free f113 into mix up or f113 3 into mix up. If you are confused as to what side you are on, and hesitate you may be d1'd, but that's nothing practice won't solve. I can't test this new set up myself on account of Dark Souls, but if ever I do I'll test some other theories that have formulated in light of this.

RiBBz22

I've been keeping it simple and doing command grab, dash j2 for corner ambiguity for months. Still works against players who know it; still works against players who don't. A correct block is a free f113 into mix up or f113 3 into mix up. If you are confused as to what side you are on, and hesitate you may be d1'd, but that's nothing practice won't solve. I can't test this new set up myself on account of Dark Souls, but if ever I do I'll test some other theories that have formulated in light of this.
Yeah I never really messed with any cross up stuff of the command grab til now...likely because my opponent either guessed right on the 5050 or died trying.

#wishicouldpostagifrightnow

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Regardless about how the wake up reversal functions in terms of being stage related, KF will always cross up after a dash in neutral jump. With that in mind you can still do some effective setups like cross up neutral jump and corner air dash to avoid a lot of wake ups. Also if your opponent thinks you are going to go for that setup you can cancel your dash with a forward jump which should actually push you away from the corner if you do it right and a lot of the time if they do their wake up wrong you are still in a position to punish.

I also tried some other stuff before I left this morning like ending a combo with f23 dash and it appeared to always cross up their wake up... But I am pretty sure this isn't a true cross up with the limited testing I was able to do. Check it out and see if it is worth exploring... @teh_kingdunch @RunwayMafia @Ne'er-do-well @Rickyraws @xKhaoTik
While testing this tech, I have found doing a dash in then a F2 would stuff some wake ups I felt it shouldn't have. Like Aquaman's trident rush.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Idk man, I cant do this lol. I'll just stick to the HKD dash j2 setup, since its easier, works anywhere on the screen, gets a free mixup on block and vortex in hit.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
O lol its stage specific. No wonder why I couldn't land it lol. Derp

What stages does it work on? I will try it again when I get home from work.