What's new

KF Enviro Setups/ New Tech

So guys in order to make sure we get the fullest out of our character not only must we look at Lady Frost, we must observe our surroundings and see which stages work in our favor and which do not, to get and keep the advantage, idk about u guys but im a anti enviromental activists worse nightmare, im always looking for things to throw at my opponent, so in order to get things started i will show u 2 setups i have found during one of my more favorite stages the great hall, so elegant, so classy just like frost :), this involves the piano and the chair. Enjoy ( mind u this is situational) it might be rare that u use this but remember its there, if u play this stage enough im sure you will be aware enough of ur surroundings to pull this off. I expect to see the community posting in this thread more, showing off other stages in her favor, and interesting setups to get more damage.

Great Hall (chair setup)

Great Hall (piano setup)

And while im at it ill throw in a bonus for u guys, some new tech, my killer frost 97% percent 50/50 iceberg conversion trait reset. Enjoy :)

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Man people are gonna demand nerfs every time you post new tech. This is awesome but inb4 more nerf demanders. Maybe save this tech for a bit? Lol

Man people are gonna demand nerfs every time you post new tech. This is awesome but inb4 more nerf demanders. Maybe save this tech for a bit? Lol
screw the nerf demanders they can kiss frosts frosty ass lol.. My thoughts are too advance 4 the whiners maybe u are right, maybe the world is not rdy for this type of stuff yet, they are still scarred from the horror that is cyrax lol.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Every char has broken shit and KF is not the worst of them. Nice work Scar!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So guys in order to make sure we get the fullest out of our character not only must we look at Lady Frost, we must observe our surroundings and see which stages work in our favor and which do not, to get and keep the advantage, idk about u guys but im a anti enviromental activists worse nightmare, im always looking for things to throw at my opponent, so in order to get things started i will show u 2 setups i have found during one of my more favorite stages the great hall, so elegant, so classy just like frost :), this involves the piano and the chair. Enjoy ( mind u this is situational) it might be rare that u use this but remember its there, if u play this stage enough im sure you will be aware enough of ur surroundings to pull this off. I expect to see the community posting in this thread more, showing off other stages in her favor, and interesting setups to get more damage.

Great Hall (chair setup)

Great Hall (piano setup)

And while im at it ill throw in a bonus for u guys, some new tech, my killer frost 97% percent 50/50 iceberg conversion trait reset. Enjoy :)
posting that 3rd video is just asking for a nerf, you are pretty much shooting yourself in the foot, because its not up to you or me on whether it gets patched or not, but having evidence on BROKE ASS SHIT like this will eventually get her nerfed :( i am not demanding she gets nerf because i have been coming up with anti KF tech my self, but she will get nerfed, sad but true.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
screw the nerf demanders they can kiss frosts frosty ass lol.. My thoughts are too advance 4 the whiners maybe u are right, maybe the world is not rdy for this type of stuff yet, they are still scarred from the horror that is cyrax lol.
That's why you said you were drop her if they nerf slide? Lol

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
It just amazes me at how quickly people can put together shit like this...it takes me FOREVER to get used to a character! Good shit Scar!

posting that 3rd video is just asking for a nerf, you are pretty much shooting yourself in the foot, because its not up to you or me on whether it gets patched or not, but having evidence on BROKE ASS SHIT like this will eventually get her nerfed :( i am not demanding she gets nerf because i have been coming up with anti KF tech my self, but she will get nerfed, sad but true.
whats so broken about it? The way i see it is everyone is screaming broken for the simple fact that her trait enables her to increase her damage in combos, there is nothing broken about it.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
whats so broken about it? The way i see it is everyone is screaming broken for the simple fact that her trait enables her to increase her damage in combos, there is nothing broken about it.
the broke part is the hit stun that give you a reset for a 97% combo, unless you can block or its a mix up, but from what i saw it looked like the trait gave you a reset after the freeze.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Her trait is awesome but I'm having trouble using it in matches so far, which is something I'll get better at with more practice. Point is, people think traits look cool on paper and when somebody applies them in an awesome way, people say they are OP.

We're going to get to a point where a trait is either useless or OP. And a trait needs to be used effectively for it to work, some will be harder than others. KF's trait is harder to use effectively than doomsday where its just push to win.

Maybe they'll nerf the gravity a bit on her trait, just a tad. But the slide should be safe.. her character is completely built around the slide.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good stuff Scar.

I have something to add (no video yet sorry) Killer Frost can use interactables in the air to make her instant overhead safe. What is her instant overhead? After a hard knockdown like a sweep, your opponent has a few standing frames that you can get a free MB Grab off of if they don't wakeup or backdash, but if you see an interactable over your opponent as you knock them down, walk up to them on the ground and do a sharp jump 3 then use the interactable to combo them for around 25%. Some stages like Atlantis just have that water tube that KF uses to glide to the other side of the screen, but that's ok too. The jumping 3 will hit as an overhead that they have to block high (which opens up sliding them on wakeup).

I'll try to make a video this weekend.

Her trait is awesome but I'm having trouble using it in matches so far, which is something I'll get better at with more practice. Point is, people think traits look cool on paper and when somebody applies them in an awesome way, people say they are OP.

We're going to get to a point where a trait is either useless or OP. And a trait needs to be used effectively for it to work, some will be harder than others. KF's trait is harder to use effectively than doomsday where its just push to win.

Maybe they'll nerf the gravity a bit on her trait, just a tad. But the slide should be safe.. her character is completely built around the slide.
The only foolproof way to use trait is to build it up to near full then hit with an EX Parry which gives you enough time to activate and go to town. The way Scar uses it is really good too, but relies on a mixup instead of "push to win". <-- I like that lol

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
The ability to dictate which side the opponent lands on by omitting or adding an u3 makes her particularly adept at setting up interactables on knock down. Good stuff scar.

KILLA_xGHOST

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
KF's trait is not OP for one reason, you have to charge it up and it takes precious seconds to charge it. Typically you have to charge it a lil bit ata time over an amount of time and can only be charged when it is absolutely safe to do so. So her Iceberg and command grab, can buy you the time to do so, you still either have to sacrifice tha ability continue a combo or to risk taking damage to charge the trait.
In the end it balances itself out.