What's new

General/Other - Takeda Kano B1 abuse vs Takeda

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
B1 is "Not" a possible infinite! You can escape. We need to make a TYM room online to show off how this can be done. I'm a Kano main and I'm telling you, it's possible.

haketh

Noob
The safe and meter-less vortex is dumb, but Quan Chi has one major weakness - he cannot get up from the ground in a heavy 50/50 mix up and rush down oriented game.

The current version of Kano mops him up anyway, so you are obviously bitching.
People also aren't taking advantage of the bat going away when you hit him. to many peoplea re respecing Summon after a knockdown

was peckapowa originally a soul calibur player or something?

his mentality reminds me a lot of that community, or a lot of other 3D FG players really. i.e. not wanting extremes to exist

i remember jaxel used to have a sig that said something like "range, speed, priority, damage, safety: no move should have more than 3 of these qualities". i see a lot of that here.

let's just say i'm practically the opposite of this. my favorite games are the ones that have a bunch of moves with like 4 of those qualities, yet don't completely fall apart somehow. i think the damage not being stupid is key for that - marvel 3 isn't fun, because everything being a one-touch kill removes a lot of the uniqueness of the characters. that's not a problem in this game so hey, all good by me!

EDIT: oh yeah, and you see LOTS of reversal DPs in super turbo. not so much on wakeup since the game has tons of safejumps/crossups, but on block absolutely. that's often the *only* way out of tick throws...

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
B1 is a true mid all the time and can't be neutral ducked? just wandering haven't tested it
true mid no ducking and great anti air, enough hit stun where on hit you can't do anything about the follow up like a lot of people telling me to backdash do seem to get. get this against goro i'm in the exact situation, uppercut gets raped, can't backdash nothing at all and if cancels into armor my armor gets fucked. BUT a huge difference it is a special move, so i can reversal throw. that is my only option and i don't stuggle against goro's, hell i don't even struggle against kano, i just think this is cheap. let me reversal throw then and keep it, i'll except that, at least is another option, apparently kano players like limiting there opponents as much as possible.

Cyber Kano has no overhead. No real way to open the opponent other than forcing you to make mistakes, then capitalizing off them. His B1 is a part of that strategy. With the training mode this game provides, there are absolutely no excuses any player can have about that one normal. If they spent half the time complaining and put it towards finding a solution, they would have been deleted this thread. Suck it up and figure it out. Not sure what the original poster was looking for, here. Sympathy?
Way to disregard literally 90 percent of the posts in the thread AND not watch the video in the OP.

true mid no ducking and great anti air, enough hit stun where on hit you can't do anything about the follow up like a lot of people telling me to backdash do seem to get. get this against goro i'm in the exact situation, uppercut gets raped, can't backdash nothing at all and if cancels into armor my armor gets fucked. BUT a huge difference it is a special move, so i can reversal throw. that is my only option and i don't stuggle against goro's, hell i don't even struggle against kano, i just think this is cheap. let me reversal throw then and keep it, i'll except that, at least is another option, apparently kano players like limiting there opponents as much as possible.

I think you should set Takeda on random reversals and see how easy it is to stop the pressure and block before he can reversal you with an armor move.
It is a legit block infinite on Quan Chi in the corner.
And do the same with Quan with his sky crusher or maybe his ex protal grab .

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Do your research, fool. b+1,3 is already -1. If b+1 is -3 or -4 on block, the new meta game could potentially be b+1, b+1 or b+1,3 or b+1, d+4.

You want to have access to one of the best zoning games. Then, when your opponent closes the cap, you want to have access to Cage's Mortal Kombat 9 f+3. I mean, you are just a spoiled brat who, I hope, quits Kano and moves onto the next top tier character. You could not win with broken ass Martian Manhunter, so now you are essentially trying to justify a block infinite combo to hide the fact that you are a mediocre fighting game player.

I am not traveling, much less accepting money matches in which my character is locked, until I know exactly what will happen to Kano and b+1. When I find out, I am down for FT10 for $100.
Lol you're the fool. Although b13 is -1, it's recovery is slow to where you can't stagger even with the threat of knives so essentially the only guess is the b1 stagger

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
As I stated. Eye laser can be pretty safe at maximum reach. Your whole, "crouch under it" does not change that. I'm pointing out the safeness of it all, not how to crouch under it. Keep reaching ppl.
lolol stop spreading lies. You obviously havnt even tested anything. If you cancel into kanos laser from aaaaany string, it is full combo punishable by every characters.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lol you can't be serious about this statement.

For the record, Reptile's only answer to b1 on block without meter is reversal slide or dash, at least from what the frame data indicates. May I remind you that b132+4 exists, though, and b1's recovery is pretty OD. I'm realistically not reacting to that all the time. Backdashing isn't always an option if it doesn't cover enough ground fast enough (Reptile's comes to mind).

Just because it gets low profiled by some characters doesn't diminish its strengths. Also, Kano is way better than people want to make him out to be. Should just let Coach Steve steamroll people until everyone actually understands.
I don't why people are downplaying Kano. He's extremely underrated right now.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Do your research, fool. b+1,3 is already -1. If b+1 is -3 or -4 on block, the new meta game could potentially be b+1, b+1 or b+1,3 or b+1, d+4.

You want to have access to one of the best zoning games. Then, when your opponent closes the cap, you want to have access to Cage's Mortal Kombat 9 f+3. I mean, you are just a spoiled brat who, I hope, quits Kano and moves onto the next top tier character. You could not win with broken ass Martian Manhunter, so now you are essentially trying to justify a block infinite combo to hide the fact that you are a mediocre fighting game player.

I am not traveling, much less accepting money matches in which my character is locked, until I know exactly what will happen to Kano and b+1. When I find out, I am down for FT10 for $100.
I could not win with mmh? Lol I would 10-0 when we played.. You calling other people hypocrites is hilarious. Yiu call out zyphox for whining when you're are the number one by far whinniest little girl on tym.. And I can only win with good characters.. Mmh lets see you're track record mains.. Freddy zod and Kano.

You are under this fanatical illusion that you are a top player with great footsis when in reality you just play op zoning characters and you still get bodied.. Should have recorded all the sets where I would straight up demolished and wiped the floor with you in injustice.. ohh yeaa but I don't win with mmh... Right ... Here come the excuses where zod looses to mmh which are true but you should still not be loosing 14 games straight (yes I remember)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I still don't think B1 needs to be touched, it's not like he's going to hit confirm it and you build meter while he gets a minimal amount of damage. Like, stop complaining about one thing that affects a few characters. This is the bloody ice clone shit all over again. Takeda has both D2 and armour to get out of it so stop ignoring those things as options. They are still options, despite the fact they are punishable. It's like you all forgot about reads or something.
You think Takeda is cool? He literally goes, "grrrr!" between rounds when he loses.
#ComicTakedaBestTakeda
Jacqi's machine gun, does liu kang FB DMG and can convert into a combo setup if you get too close.
Eh? You can't convert off of Jacqui's machine gun unless you use 4~DF2 AND you're in the corner. It's also a high and 13f so...

It is better to give the weaker characters better options instead of nerfing kano who probably has his hard matchups as well. This thread should be closed already imo, because the OP's concerns about his character are clear now.

adapt... i have been forcing myself through the Inferno scorp and summoner quan chi matchup with commando kano, and i was about to cry, but i got my stuff together and found solutions. thats what 100% of the people on this thread and whole tym should do. no early balance changes, or nrs will be done with them once the real bullshit surfaces.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
lolol stop spreading lies. You obviously havnt even tested anything. If you cancel into kanos laser from aaaaany string, it is full combo punishable by every characters.
Never end with lasers. You will be punish and i learned this the hard way several times. Best bet is to end block strings with bomb to reset position.

ando1184

Noob
I still don't think B1 needs to be touched, it's not like he's going to hit confirm it and you build meter while he gets a minimal amount of damage. Like, stop complaining about one thing that affects a few characters. This is the bloody ice clone shit all over again. Takeda has both D2 and armour to get out of it so stop ignoring those things as options. They are still options, despite the fact they are punishable. It's like you all forgot about reads or something.

#ComicTakedaBestTakeda

Eh? You can't convert off of Jacqui's machine gun unless you use 4~DF2 AND you're in the corner. It's also a high and 13f so...
I said convert into a combo "setup", meaning her AA rocket or low rockets. Sorry if I worded this incorrectly but she can change it up and get good combos off of those. I've been hit with AA rocket standing in front of her before.

Runks

Noob
no honestly it really doesn't need to be. the fact that you can still beat it out clean with d2 if he tries to abuse it on block and he can't hit confirm for any real damage should mean something. if he wants to go for his combo extender he ends up being -11 and if you can't punish it, he at least ends his offense
You honestly don't know to test lol. You can't beat it clean...

Runks

Noob
Like b1 is all I have to do in some matchups like Takeda or ermac because if you trade with me I get another back 1 Into full combo in cybernetic. You can't jump either. 7f normals you have to be frame perfect cuz I'm +1. Hope you have a slide or good armor moves but you will run out of meter or mess up the input. Good luck lol