What's new

Match-up Discussion Joker Matchup Discussion

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Hmmm. Does that apply only during the same windows when he has his armor, or at all times? It the former, then we're fine (which I think is the case if 16Bit's thing works), but not if it's the latter.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
During all of his armored specials.

That said, even if it breaks MB B3 on the way down it's a good solution, since it forces him to go to level 3 to avoid getting combo'd.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Well lvl 3 would break armor so we would have to block it and I think there is too much block stun and pushback to get any good advantage off it

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Haven't played a lot of good banes lately. All I know is teeth and distance are your friend. Online, I lay down teeth and wait for the charge and block it into a combo. Granted our damage output reduces with each venom lvl. Basically I play it like an endurance match, with a lot of patience and a lot of distance.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
True but I think he doesn't actually have any gaps. Even though it deceptively looks like it sometimes. He has a shit ton of advantage on almost all of his hits. B21 is parryable and b23 is backdashable, most likely parryable but with backdash you run the risk of getting double punched
He does have holes.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I know I'm going to get blown the fuck up for this, but why exactly is Aquaman a bad MU?

After some rather long sets against our best local AM player (Granted, it's not Brady/Theo/etc., but he's pretty good) it felt like if I ever touched him he was fucked due to shitty wakeups. Other than attempting to tech roll, he didn't seem like he had any sort of defense at all against wake up traps.

On top of that, his overhead has a huge blind spot close to his body making it punishable on reaction by jumping through it if you're looking out for it.

His range, while better than ours, also isn't THAT much better, and it didn't seem to hard to get in so long as I didn't blindly jump into his D2.
Our pokes seem better too.

So yeah, IDK, is there something I'm missing, because that MU actually felt pretty heavily in my favor, although it could have been a skill gap/tech he didn't know to use against me.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I know I'm going to get blown the fuck up for this, but why exactly is Aquaman a bad MU?

After some rather long sets against our best local AM player (Granted, it's not Brady/Theo/etc., but he's pretty good) it felt like if I ever touched him he was fucked due to shitty wakeups. Other than attempting to tech roll, he didn't seem like he had any sort of defense at all against wake up traps.

On top of that, his overhead has a huge blind spot close to his body making it punishable on reaction by jumping through it if you're looking out for it.

His range, while better than ours, also isn't THAT much better, and it didn't seem to hard to get in so long as I didn't blindly jump into his D2.
Our pokes seem better too.

So yeah, IDK, is there something I'm missing, because that MU actually felt pretty heavily in my favor, although it could have been a skill gap/tech he didn't know to use against me.
Maybe your just too good.

rehti

Noob
Guys,

I met a very good player today who decided to mirror match me. I picked one of my favorite stage (Wayne's manor) since we can play a lot with the bounce interactable. But guess what, I got caught in my own game and was trapped in the infinite loop. Is there really no way to escape this shit as Joker when it is well executed? I tried to wakeup with crownar as it make us move forward a bit but it is so slow that didn't work for me. Stupid mirror match, I need to practice it more I guess.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Guys,

I met a very good player today who decided to mirror match me. I picked one of my favorite stage (Wayne's manor) since we can play a lot with the bounce interactable. But guess what, I got caught in my own game and was trapped in the infinite loop. Is there really no way to escape this shit as Joker when it is well executed? I tried to wakeup with crownar as it make us move forward a bit but it is so slow that didn't work for me. Stupid mirror match, I need to practice it more I guess.
I think if you time crowbar perfectly then you can escape it.

StevoSuprem0

Yeah I don't think Joker has an option to escape unless they misstime it, in which case you just have to block it properly.
Good thing the Joker mirror never happens lol.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Guys,

Which one? I know you can escape some of these if you block the 1st hit right and pushblock before the second hit happens. However, that is hard as fuck on some setups and I'm not sure if it's even possible on all of them.

StevoSuprem0

True. Pushblocking is an option, but it can be timed for either one to hit "first", making it a 50/50 pushblock guess lol. Can you pushblock teeth?

StevoSuprem0

Played relaxedstate to better learn the cyborg matchup. We've agreed to even with maybe 6-4 Joker in the future if we play at evo.
Yeah I played him at a local a decent amount. Feels like it could be in our favor if played correctly, I agree.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Yo guys, are you still alive on Joker guys ? :)

We have one offline tournament per month in France on Injustice for the moment, so I am trying to improve my match up.
How do you manage Nightwing with mister J ? I fought yesterday a really good one, and ... it was a little bit complicated :D

Fromundaman

I write too much.

We have one offline tournament per month in France on Injustice for the moment, so I am trying to improve my match up.
How do you manage Nightwing with mister J ? I fought yesterday a really good one, and ... it was a little bit complicated :D
Yeah we are, but sorry, most of us talk in a private chat.

That actually reminds me I need to get back on the Finish Him forums again. I want to play you guys next time I head to France.

For Nightwing, I think @Qwark28 seems to know this MU better than I.

However I do play against a NW player offline and best I've found so far is be really patient when approaching him (I usually try to react to whatever he does), use D2 to play footsies with him, and decimate him on knockdown; his only invincible wakeup in escrima (Escrima fury) is - a billion on block. I'm actually unsure if his staff spin is fully invincible on wakeup though, I will actually need to test that again.

If he starts hitting you with D1 in staff, I suggest trying to parry your way out since he is +. In fact he is + on damn near everything in staff, but most of his pokes push him back, so after multiple D1s he will need to move in again. If he goes for the standing 1>50/50, standing 1 whiffs on crouch meaning you can poke him out of it if you know it's coming. He also can't cancel into the low option if the high whiffs.

Don't try to wakeup against him when he's in Escrima. I need to check if the flipkick hits overhead, but if it doesn't then you can hold down to block both. If it does then I guess you're going to have to guess (What I've been doing because I actually never thought of checking if flipkick hit anywhere but overhead until now).

Aussi si c'est plus pratique, je peux tout te traduire en francais.

StevoSuprem0

Forgot about this. Some footage of Qwark v Chongo. Probably a few things you'll be able to take away from this.
@Qwark28 and @Gilbagz know this matchup better than me.
(pssst... guys... we should probably talk matchups and such in the forums again since people might actually start playing as Joker now...):joker:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Sure thing.

Do you guys want to do anything about the original post though? Maybe update it to something kinda not useless. IDK.