What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor Lacking in Comparison to His Counterparts?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
^Topic. Now before anyone pounces on me in a rage of Sektor-fan-ism? Let me just say I've only spent 2 or 3 hours with him in the lab. That being said, he seems to be missing something that I can't put my finger on. I feel like his overall options are pretty limited in comparisson to Cyrax, Cy. Sub, and Smoke. Agree? Disagree?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I don't think sektor is lacking anything he is an awesome character. I think the up rockets will end up get some kind of adjustment maybe only be able to confirm off of them up close instead of full screen.

But it's still early tho and there are some ways around the up rockets but they are still an amazing tool which definitely have to be respected

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
sektor's footsies are amazing.....and his space control is awesome. he can counter zone as well as zone. he has a Plus on block ex projectile thats a mid and has massive screen presence AND can combo off it if u get hit by it. He's got a restand string that also puts him fullscreen on block or hit. The control this character has over the screen is epic as hell. You thought tremor was good? you aint seen shit.

i don't even have my bnb's down with him yet, but i just call it like i see it.

omooba

fear the moobs
OP is drunk
just go onine and do up missles all day. IMO sektor currently has the best neutral in the game. his missles can only be avoided if you try to escape after sektor has recovered meaning he just gets free pressure and if you get touched by just one missle? bye bye life

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Hell yes. Sektor is a deadly character if used correctly
Yea sektor is definitely a good character. I think he a little upplayed I don't think he is the best in game but definitely a top tier. Once he's been out for awhile I think things will calm down once the MU is learned.

Goat-City

Banned
i just bought the DLC last night. All i can say is Sektor is my favorite bot again. I always love Sektor for his Rockets and flames. In this game its MK9 Sektor on steriods. He can make safe any of his pokes or blocked teleports. EX flames is basicly SaberWolve eclipse move, think about that if you know the salt that move made. Easy 25% combos. Easy combos are great for me cause I tend to drop alot, not the best at it 100% of time.

Up Rockets are too good. Shoot them immediately on hard knockdown and you are forcing your oppenent to do something unsafe. Confrim hit off the straight rockets is "bea", what the cool kids call it; but its defiantly not poop.

Sektor is S tier and beyound. I hope he dont ger nerfed. Nothing cheap about the Triborgs. They are balance perfectly and of they were cheap like the crying on NRS forums. My Kano wouldn't be able to beat them.
Since when is S tier balanced? Balanced with other S tier characters maybe. Everyone in the S tier should be nerfed if you want a more skill based game than a dirt based game.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
No. He's S Tier and one of the best characters in the game currently. He's just as good as Cyber Sub-Zero, Alien, etc.

Just because there's no crazy tech threads on Sektor doesn't mean he's not as busted as the other DLC. Sektor is just one of the easier characters to play and bit more simplistic in how effective he is.
How do you play him? He seems a bit 2 dimensional to me!

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Let's be honest for a minute, every Tri-Borg is very good. So in my eyes it actually doesn't matter which of the 4 is the best/worst, because picking one doesn't leave you at any sort of disadvantage. This thread has no point, because regardless of the order of "S tierness", the fact remains that they all are a good choice. It just comes down to your play style and preference.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
To everyone discussing smoke not having an armor I ask you... what are you using your armored moves for? Lol. Smoke has easily a top 5 wakeup and reversal in the game with EX phase. Frame 1 invincibility so it beats all pressure and all gaps and provides you with a whiff punish of your choice. A whiff punish. You use your 1 frame invincibility special and you get to do your optimized BnB in most cases.

It's also not punishable at all. You can NJP on a read or grab on a read by both have counterplay from smoke. The whole discussion about him not having armor seems irrelevant to me unless you just liked glowing yellow and hearing "Ding"

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
EDIT - TYM bugged out and made me post twice.

As per sektor... he's really good because of up rocket. A little bit one dimensional in his combo game but thats fine. I do think he has a whole ton of gaps though so once people lab the matchup he'll seem more fair. It'll be like GM Sub, you need to specifically lab the matchup and learn for every character you want to play. Whats the best way to get past up rocket with your character? Whats the best way to punish F212BB's gap? etc... A good way counter to Sektor's up rocket that I've found and had done against me are simply advancing normals. Things like EB's 21122, triborg's F43. If you can start with those you'll go right past the rockets. I'm not Reo, but I don't think he's S tier, he has some problems. He's very strong though and certainly has some dirt.

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Sektor the most well rounded of the Cyborgs.
Smoke, the one that requires the most work to get going but if he gets momentum gg
Cyrax, I feel like cyrax is in a weird spot because his defense sucks (if I'm wrong please correct me because I like the character) but if he gets that one touch it's a quan chi situation.
Cyber Sub is Cyber Sub

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Smoke, the one that requires the most work to get going but if he gets momentum gg
Cyrax, I feel like cyrax is in a weird spot because his defense sucks (if I'm wrong please correct me because I like the character) but if he gets that one touch it's a quan chi situation.
Cyber Sub is Cyber Sub
Sub is easily the most execution heavy but yeah that seems like a good breakdown

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Cyber Sub is Cyber Sub

Yak

Noob
sektor doesn't seem to lack anything really... He's good for zoning for sure. You can knock him down and he still has time to get solid damage combos with his up rockets, seems he has all the time in the world after those things hit. I don't see anything that makes triborg in any variation op really at least not yet. except maybe some of the non meter damage from some. sub and cyrax have hard to blockables but we'll see ways to get around it eventually. Smoke is really good with whiff punishes but lacks a wake up/ armor move (unless if something new has came up someone found?). But then again New characters and all, A majority of the people didn't even realize mileenas b1,2 was the same in the beta as it was months before, people we're finding new stuff about heavily used characters months after certain changes.

Decay

King of the Bill
I went to GGA and got beaten by Nikolass' 10 hour Sektor. The character is extremely good and has sick damage and keep away. Goro couldn't get in without doing something very risky

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't think it's as bad a quan's, from what I have played against so far it's a bit easier to block him.
I was responding to that guys assessment of the Triborg variations and I meant that Sub-Zero is the hardest to use and execute combos.