What's new

Is Anyone here actually going to use kratos?

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i think a lot of people are put off by a character that's banned from tournaments
and don't see playing with him or against him to be worth the time

though other then noob saibot
i think he has the best trailer out of the characters
and a neat variety of moves

sure you won't see him at evo but whose to say
someone's not going to host a online tournament where kratos is allowed?

people really didn't let that bother them in Soul Calibur IV

so i don't see why people should let it bother them now

after all the creators of this game put kratos in as a tribute to god of war and its fans

he wasn't inserted into the game so everyone could ignore him and refuse to play as him

he was put in the game because they thought he would fit within the mortal kombat universe

people can keep crying and whining about him being a waste of space
but he's still gonna be in the game no matter what

so you might as well learn to accept he's here and he's not gonna leave just because you think he sucks

Tim Static

Adminerator
high low tier, maybe mid. could care less about his GoW story and the fact that he is in this game, and the 360 players have gotten totally shafted (not in terms of an exclusive character but the demo)

Sure he should be allowed in PSN only tourneys, and Yoda & Vader were banned from tourneys as well when they were at least only exclusive to the console.

but this tangent your on holds no water in high level play & tourneys. he is banned and will stay banned until he is playable on the 360 MK9 (guess how likely that is?)

Tim Static

Adminerator
oh and i hope Shang Tsung is decent at least, because cracking Kratos players on PSN with Shang, and his ability to clone his opponent will be a whole lotta fun. :coffee:

Not going to use Kratos at all. He's not a character I care about and he's just kinda there to interest new fans to MK. He's a novelty character until he's released on 360...which clearly can't happen. I just think of him as free dlc that's already in the game.

Why is it that people are pretty much saying he's there get over it like we have to use him? There are a lot of characters people might not use at all, it's your decision who you choose.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
and why's that?

you plan on attending tournaments
Kratos will be banned at tournaments, so focusing time to level-up w/ Kratos is pointless.

I personally feel the same as Bone about Kratos... he's on the back-burner.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Good thing I'll be on 360 only. Don't have to play a bunch of Kratos.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kratos not playable on 360 = no dice. He's not gonna be playable in tournaments, so why bother?

JagoMIH

Noob
yes, i want to use all characters, so i will def be maining him for a while at one point. however he will just be for online and offline casual play so i don't know if ill take him that serious

Neclord

Noob
No I'm not gonna use Kratos.
I don't like God of War and I don't like him as a character.

He is on my list of the characters I won't use or learn: Kratos, Nightwolf, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang...
I think I will just use him once to see what fatalities he has.

If Crabtoad is in fact confirmed banned from tourny play, then there is ZERO argument for non playable boss characters... ZERO argument.

/thread hijack

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If Crabtoad is in fact confirmed banned from tourny play, then there is ZERO argument for non playable boss characters... ZERO argument.

/thread hijack
L2D called, he wants his Non Sequitur's back.

Tim Static

Adminerator

/thread hijack
seriously, stfu. derail a thread again, or try to and we'll start the infraction process. your choice.

galindo

Noob
Lolque.

There's a lot of unwarranted hate towards kratos.
And no hes not terrible.

And I didn't know there where so many tournament players in this forum ;)

SZSR

Noob
Lolque.

There's a lot of unwarranted hate towards kratos.
And no hes not terrible.

And I didn't know there where so many tournament players in this forum ;)
He is quite slow and has limited combo capabilities plus he's quite dominated by the faster characters like Cage, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Kabal, Noob and Smoke who are quite readily mained.

As for tournament players, we are a primarily offline supporting site. Anyways, Welcome to Testyourmight.