What's new

Is 3rd variation a joke?

Like for real. Finally kollector would be decent, not to say a good character. Then they decided for fckin take away what makes him better in all aspect: the chakram
Like the chakram would boost him all the way up on the tier list. He could have converted of b2, a 10fr mid, a damaging combo ender which gives fantastic oki and a potencial restand. Also it'd solve the issue of bola whiffing from f12 at further range.
And what did they do: they nerf the thing. They could've nerf the damage, the + frames on hit, whatever. Yet they opted for having it slowed, like MK20 would be released before it could connect. With the bola you at least have the cancel gimmicks, here you have to commit to a shit ton of -frame. And it takes 2 slots. Like what the actual fck were testers thinking? You have to waste 2 slots on a move that is complete shit, even worse than the bola. And on the last slot you get the relic lure, which again, does shit, but still better than the chakram. Like why would you have 2 shitty launchers on a character, not to mention whiffing issues or inconsistent combos.
Var1 is still way better, not to mention the second. Should I stand from where Liu Kang is I'd be able to see him at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
What is the purpose of this variation then, developers? Call me a crybaby, because I am. Tell me to git gud, but how am I suppose to get gud when NRS keep messing around with late April Fool's joke like Kollector & Raiden's 3rd variation?

You think you Kollectors got it bad? Kotal had his F3 tick throw removed before the game was released as well and it severely crippled him as well. But even a blind man could have told you that the 3rd variations would be trash and not add anything to the character(s) in question. They (NRS) are laughing at OUR expense.

travis

Noob
Kollector is the worst character in the game, Being a kollector main is frustrating as it is, now they release this variation... complete ass! My secondary is raiden lol not gona lie this last patch made me wana drop the fuckin game. And this is coming from a lifelong fan and competition player.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Lets not get in our feelings now.Kollector isnt the worst character in the game hes pretty decent but the potential he had to move up the tiers with chakram was exciting.Ive been playing kollector for a couple months and I was looking forward to this variation then NRS went and crushed my dreams.I don t understand it, why would they nerf a character thats already mid to low tier?Sometimes it seems like only certain characters are allowed to be good in this game.

xKMMx

Banned
I don't know about any of that. I cant make a call on any of this one way or another because by the time I got home from work last night and updated I had about five minutes to look at new stuff.

For the characters I play that I looked at the new variations don't seem all that great on the surface but who knows after a little lab time they could be awesome.

Jacqui;s air moves seem to be more about closing distance and set up than anything else.

Jax new stuff seems ok could be interesting.

Didn't really look at NIghtwolf in the lab but on paper there is some interesting stuff.

Noob getting sickle snag is cool cause I love the brutal you get off it.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Also btw it’s absolutely not absurd to say kollector could be the worst in the game after the really nice Kotal and Kano buffs..

Totally within the realm of possibility but like I had said, that’s not even the point

I think they nerfed Chakram and Other 3Vs so they could rebuff them to their liking for the next patch. Gathering Data and Complaints before they make them usable (I guess when Sindel comes)

So enjoy the struggle and hope for the best I suppose. I dunno if Kollector is worse than Raiden but I don't think he's bad, well at least not the usable Variations.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I think they nerfed Chakram and Other 3Vs so they could rebuff them to their liking for the next patch. Gathering Data and Complaints before they make them usable (I guess when Sindel comes)

So enjoy the struggle and hope for the best I suppose. I dunno if Kollector is worse than Raiden but I don't think he's bad, well at least not the usable Variations.
What data is going to be collected, especially in the pro scene, when the variations don't end up getting chosen ever?

Yeah I ain't playing this shit, you're right

Its just I don't know this is a stupid nerf bordering on the bizarre, I'm less salty about and more struggling to understand why.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
No, they totally messed this one up. I wholeheartedly believe that Kollector is like an afterthought to them now. They removed his cancels just as the game released which is what he was built around and it's just been downhill since. SMH.
Where the logic tho? Meanwhile new comers potato man and cetrion are consensus top 5. It's maddening.

Why bother with making him a character from the get go, keep him as an NPC and release a shokan like Goro instead

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah I've completely lost faith in NRS's direction and competence after this patch. It's boggles my mind half the shit they did. Unless they're planning to patch again really soon and this is just a patch to tide us over idk man.

No, they totally messed this one up. I wholeheartedly believe that Kollector is like an afterthought to them now. They removed his cancels just as the game released which is what he was built around and it's just been downhill since. SMH.
How you can something be removed as the game is released?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
What confuses me is how they thought this 3rd variation would fit in.

Like he has a setup oriented variation with aerial mobility, one with the extra threat up close and a teleport for trades and one that... Does less than the others?

He HAD a role to fill in that he could counter zone like BitP but not rely on trades due to the speed of chakram. And most importantly he could combo off of b2 making him much more scary up close (~35% for a combo instead of 18%). The post F1 mind game would be scary. And he would have an easier time to convert off of stray hits and on females.

But now he has 2 launchers, one which is pretty much the same as bola but you can't cancel it and the other one that scales horribly and has bad range and is just bad. For that he loses tele (so trades aren't as threatening), he loses command grab (which is great oki and a threat up close), he loses vial and bomb (for setups, mobility in the air and forcing them to come in). So what role is he supposed to fill?

Yeah I ain't playing this shit, you're right

Its just I don't know this is a stupid nerf bordering on the bizarre, I'm less salty about and more struggling to understand why.
I failed to see the point of slowing down chakram, in any point.
Kollector mains (including me at the start of the game), has proven that he had potential, and with chakram, people would finally see it. And when we finally get it, they basically made it useless. There's no point in choosing this variation over the other 2 (not to mention the bola whiffing issue on connecting with f12 or other moves at max range, which they didn't bother fixing). What's the point of all the money, time and sweat spent on designing this character, more specifically the 3rd variation, just to make it so useless that no one would bother touch him? I'm just confused about NRS's decisions, and what exactly are the game tester's doing. How am I supposed to enjoy the game when the most anticipated buff turned out to be an even bigger flop than his previous patch?
Well at least they did kotal & kano some justice, I'd prefer spending time & effort on them

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
@MsMiharo

It's this exact thought process that makes me think NRS just doesn't care at this point. Anyone with half a brain on this game could tell from 2 minutes in the lab that variation is utterly pointless.

MuMuGuy

Noob
NRS once again caved to crybaby scrubs. Kollector’s new Variation might be the worst tournament-legal Variation in the game. Losing the cancel that Bola has is damn sure not worth the 1f faster start-up and 35 or whatever extra damage that War Quiot Toss has. It doesn’t help that Relic Lure is a laughably terrible move.

I can’t wait to see what the next thing NRS will take away from Kollector without compensation before a patch rolls out. Granted the pre-launch infinite had to go, but War Quiot Toss wasn’t even game breaking.

Raiden is the worst character in the game
I fixed that for you. In spite of what Kollector upplayers might claim, he is a bad character, but Shao and Raiden are both definitely worse.