What's new

Injustice: GAU Balance Suggestions

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Troll confirmed.

You're welcome, everyone else.
How is it trolling? You're saying why not give some characters what other characters already have. I'm sure Scorpion could use that overhead teleport a lot more than MMH needs it so I don't see how that's trolling.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Remove acrobat class from the game and give those poor characters some gadgets! Toning down interactables and the way some characters dominate others with them would be nice...

And for KF:
-better air normals (or an air special if you're feeling generous!)

-improve trait! If they won't let her easily activate it mid combo like Flash/GL, and won't reduce the cool down frames for trait charging in order to keep her from frame-trapping, then at least make hits during trait unclashable or something!

Zod: trait vanishes if Zod gets hit while trait is out (like Zatanna and her hat)

I can dream...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
How is it trolling? You're saying why not give some characters what other characters already have. I'm sure Scorpion could use that overhead teleport a lot more than MMH needs it so I don't see how that's trolling.
Not trying to be a dick or anything. I just can't take your response seriously. I could sit here and explain why tiny, simple little changes have HUGE effects on a game. But I don't want to because other people already have. And you're suggesting huge changes.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
It's already been explained. Her b2 is 16 frames and would hit OH, and her b1 is 16 frames which hits low. When she's traited, all she has to do is the mb lift move, and bam... vortex. And that's just the obvious. Every jump in would lead to an OH/low mixup. It would be really dumb. For real. Not to mention whatever other hard knock down setups would lead to this dumb mixup.
1. She has to be in trait
2. It can't be repeated unless you go grab > OH/Low > Grab which would be stupid. I guess you could bounce cancel and spend 1 bar for setup and then 3 bars to get back into the vortex situation for 40+%. Eh.
3. Jump ins would be more dangerous and b12 can be made safe (ish at least) with b123, b2 would still be hard to confirm.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not trying to be a dick or anything. I just can't take your response seriously. I could sit here and explain why tiny, simple little changes have HUGE effects on a game. But I don't want to because other people already have. And you're suggesting huge changes.
I don't disagree. But we're talking hypothetical changes. In a super broken mess of a game. Take the Top 5 chars for example, they are all really reallyyyy broken messes. That's what the game is whether people want to accept that or not.

So if I make a suggestion it isn't gonna be, "give my character 1% more damage", it's gonna be something in line with the standard of the game.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
1. She has to be in trait
2. It can't be repeated unless you go grab > OH/Low > Grab which would be stupid. I guess you could bounce cancel and spend 1 bar for setup and then 3 bars to get back into the vortex situation for 40+%. Eh.
3. Jump ins would be more dangerous and b12 can be made safe (ish at least) with b123, b2 would still be hard to confirm.
1. Just for the most damaging version of it.
2. You're still only talking about off of traited mb grab. There ARE other situations where the b2/b1 mixup WOULD come into play. Every hard knockdown. Tons of bullshit in the corner most likely, etc.
3. You could also just do b23 to create space or cancel intro trait. Or just b2. I've seen ducky use b2 as a stagger string.

In the end, this is all theory crafting so it's super pointless. But I think I've made more than enough of an argument to support the case that Raven's b2 being overhead would be absurd. She already has full screen control. She doesn't need up close ridiculousness as well.

Also, the point that "other characters have it" isn't a good one. Since a lot of those other characters aren't all balanced quite right either.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I don't disagree. But we're talking hypothetical changes. In a super broken mess of a game. Take the Top 5 chars for example, they are all really reallyyyy broken messes. That's what the game is whether people want to accept that or not.

So if I make a suggestion it isn't gonna be, "give my character 1% more damage", it's gonna be something in line with the standard of the game.
Haha. Yeah I got you. I wish Lobo's face dive led to full combo. But that'd be broke lol.

ando1184

Noob
Haha. Yeah I got you. I wish Lobo's face dive led to full combo. But that'd be broke lol.
I honestly think lobo is fine now but a realistic buff would be to make his face dive stay a hard knockdown when used in combos. Just my opinion on it, idk why the properties changed in combos?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea that's exactly what I'm sayin lol. Properly balancing the game would probably be impossible at this stage.

But look at it this way. If Lobo had that one change, wouldn't he still be below and also still less broken the Zod, MMH, Aqua, Batgirls of the game? Or at best as good as them. Lol kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I honestly think lobo is fine now but a realistic buff would be to make his face dive stay a hard knockdown when used in combos. Just my opinion on it, idk why the properties changed in combos?
That too. I think Lobo is fine too. It's just hard for him to play safe in any scenario. He has to use his meter as fast as possible for damage so he can keep building meter to stay in the game.

But yeah. The changes I would make for Lobo are that the hitbox for 1 in his 21 string actually connected on block ALWAYS. Sometimes when people are blocking, the 1 will randomly whiff which gives them a free combo. Makes no sense. I would increase the hitbox on that chain so that it also hits people when they are jumping. It doesn't lead to combo or anything. But seeing a physical chain just PASS THROUGH characters bodies seems illogical. It just shouldnt happen. Same with hook charge, but I'm not sure if i want to commit to that change yet. Would have to think about it more.

The other change I would make would be for his face dive to end combos with a hard knock down. Other than that... I think Lobo is a solid character.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yea that's exactly what I'm sayin lol. Properly balancing the game would probably be impossible at this stage.

But look at it this way. If Lobo had that one change, wouldn't he still be below and also still less broken the Zod, MMH, Aqua, Batgirls of the game? Or at best as good as them. Lol kind of ridiculous when you think about it.
Nah. Lobo would shoot up the tier list if his b2 was that fast. It would be so dumb. Not saying he'd be top 3. But maybe. Who knows. Because if they block b2, I can end it safely or do a tick throw. B2 is his highest damaging combo starter.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Nah. Lobo would shoot up the tier list if his b2 was that fast. It would be so dumb. Not saying he'd be top 3. But maybe. Who knows. Because if they block b2, I can end it safely or do a tick throw. B2 is his highest damaging combo starter.
True true. I've been in the corner against Ducky's Bane with Raven. Sounds like it'd be in line with the game to me. :coffee:

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
...pretty much anything else that comes to mind. Deathstroke's high and low gunshots, Green Lantern's bullet (when crouched), Martian Manhunter's alien pillar, Sinestro's fear blast, Zod's side arm (when crouched), etc.

MB torpedo controls vertical mobility by punishing back dashes. It also forces opponents to crouch occasionally because no opponents want to be at a disadvantage with Flash in their face. This "occasional crouch" allows you to close the gap with one of the best forward dashes in the game.

By your own admission, MB torpedo creates 7:3 match ups against large characters like Bane, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor because they cannot duck the second hit.

No offense, but I am not sure whether you are stupid to realize that the only reason Flash is top 5 and a character like Wonder Woman is not is because of MB torpedo. It is one of the best special moves in the game. And no you cannot have it and 60% combos. One or the other has to go.
You're talking as if you're facing the AI on expert where he can literally punish anything with LC. That shit doesn't happen in real matches because many of those moves you mentioned can either be MBed to make them safe (thus making Flash get hit and preventing Flash from attempting to punish them) or require incredibly tight reactions and if Flash is slow by a few frames, he gets punished. Show me a Flash player that will ALWAYS punish anything with MB LC. That shit doesn't happen. And gtfo if you're gonna tell me that makes me a 'fool'.

Punishing back dashes is just you being salty that you can't abuse Zod's backdash in game. And by the way, punishing back dashes is a hard read. Not a reaction. If I'm wrong I'm eating your highest damaging combo AND wasting a bar of meter. If a Flash player constantly hits you with MB LC half screen it means you're super predictable so level the fuck up. Not to mention that there's multiple times when I MAKE THE RIGHT READ in calling a back dash but I just go through the player that back dashes with my LC.

The 'occasional crouch' thing is being overrated because a good player will never let you dash in their face for free. MB LC is never a free way in because it's a punishable move that wastes a bar of meter. The only way Flash is getting in against top players is making well timed jump ins, walking/footsies and utilizing the hell out of B2 to close the gap.

I have Doomsday and Lex as 6-4 for Flash, not 7-3. Bane is still a debatable 7-3, potentially 6-4. Ducky thinks Bane vs Flash is 5-5. lol. It shows how little you really know about the Flash because Doomsday ducks the second hit of MB LC almost every time. Like 95% success rate.

@Zyphox makes a good point that Flash doesn't really dominate any characters in the game. His only MU that I would say is 100% a 7-3 is against the Joker. All his other MU's are debatable 5-5, 6-4 and some people even think he loses some MUs 4-6. He's not over powered, especially when you look at characters like MMH, AM, Zod and BG.

If NRS were to release a patch, I think nerfing any characters would be stupid aside from:

- Make AMs MB TR do 5-7% chip and build back 20% meter (change non-MC TR to do 3% chip)
- Make MMH's orbs disappear when hit
- Make MMH's trait have an extra 3 seconds of cool down
- Make BG's F23 have extra damage scaling on it and whatever other string it is she uses in the corner. Making her get 40% in her corner combos instead of 53%.
- Make Zod only be able to have 2 of the same speed ZB on screen at a time.
- That's it.

Any other changes should be buffs to characters that need it.

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
1. Just for the most damaging version of it.
2. You're still only talking about off of traited mb grab. There ARE other situations where the b2/b1 mixup WOULD come into play. Every hard knockdown. Tons of bullshit in the corner most likely, etc.
3. You could also just do b23 to create space or cancel intro trait. Or just b2. I've seen ducky use b2 as a stagger string.

In the end, this is all theory crafting so it's super pointless. But I think I've made more than enough of an argument to support the case that Raven's b2 being overhead would be absurd. She already has full screen control. She doesn't need up close ridiculousness as well.

Also, the point that "other characters have it" isn't a good one. Since a lot of those other characters aren't all balanced quite right either.
I somewhat agree with you, b2 as overhead would give tons of setups. But you were speaking of a vortex which she does not have. Unless you count the trait one which would make her vortex the most situational, meter costy and least damaging in the game lol

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Cat-woman Dodge all low projectiles moves even a MB by using Low Evade to make it more useful and not useless.

For example

Black Adam Low Strike and Martians projectile moves when it attack the ground underneath the player.

Make catwoman stance whip a HKD and plus 3.

Mobility speed need to be quicker.

Halle Berry Catwoman costume for the compatibility update

zaf

professor
Wait..... What?

@MsMiharo
@Chaosphere

Raven already has a vortex...... Just no one uses it.

End a combo in f22u1.
They are now in a hard knockdown state.
From here you either j1 to hit in fron or j3 to in back.
Or you can slightly walk forward (without being obvious) then use j1 for front and j2 for behind......

This has been known since day1.

EDIT: From here you can loop this without meter.
If you use the slight walk forward varaiation, after the j1 or j2 lands then you do 334 into f22u1 rinse and repeat.

Last edited: