What's new

Injustice Balance Patch: Joker Changes Preview From Ed Boon

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
These patch notes are for the people that follow Boon on twitter.

So they are made to be easier to understand for people who don't know what what recovery or blockstun is. What ever is being changed to those two moves.

It's silly.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Lobo incomplete buffs > Joker incomplete buffs
Bane incomplete buffs > Joker incomplete buffs

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Gilbagz

what did i say? "Minor Normalizations..."

how the fuck is this buff list supposed equal the others so far?

i feel really bad for you Aaron I hope this is .... a Joke

and my heart sinks for lex. Can we just be the Supes Bros yet?
I'm actually fairly happy with the buffs lol
I got the main thing I wanted and extra

Not sure if I can reversal/wake up parry yet though
Going to need that in the long run

Also fuck superman LOL
Never dropping Joker :L

Fromundaman

I write too much.
All I can say is this:

NRS, if you just made Joker's Acid Blossom more positive on block, especially if it's to the point where I can do teeth, dash or a 50/50 after, then I will go to a clinic, get a sex change, find Ed Boon and offer to have his babies. All of his babies. Then we can have a barbeque and life will be wonderful.

I played Joker for awhile before I picked up Lobo and the most frustrating aspect of Joker is/was his "trait". The most particular and impractical party in the game. It was like a useless 4th button. Joker is a great character otherwise.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Why all the effort to the crowbar buffs? I am seriously pissed off at them actually.

Wanna know the reward for landing the crow bar? 9 fucking percent and the opponent getting slid across the screen. And if you waste a bar at MOST you are getting 5%. What the hell is this? What is the point?

And NRS, the trait, is a lost cause. STOP WASTING BUFFS ON IT. It needs a complete rework, it will never be good in it's current state.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
These changes are kinda ass honestly. Joker will still be bottom five after these changes. I was thinking they would give him these plus like 3 more buffs lol

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
This is super u nderwhelming especially in light of Bane's recent buffs. No laughing gas or f2 overhead at least? I'm so disappointed right now.
F2 needs to be an overhead...that would be the proper buff to go along with what's listed to help him keep up with the roster. I don't play Joker "consistAntly", so I may be wrong.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Lobo > Bane > Shazam > Joker.

But again, these are only 3 of the changes he is getting.

Still hope the other buffs well also help.

That said, I feel like Joker falls into the same weird grey area as Ares, they don't really know what to do with him, or really care about him, so when all the other lower tier characters are going to get buffed, those two will fall behind.

Ryskew

Noob
Seems like everyone else has gotten much greater buffs... even those who don't need them as much. Looks like we'll have to make use of what we have though, despite really looking forward to what NRS could pull off.

laudanum09

Darling
unless there's some potential to cause some damage or make opponents guess off of a blocked/hit crowbar and blocked flower, this is kind of garbage. If there's something to it, it's indirect and technical, i.e. potential setups and follow ups that could apply. Considering the pushback of flower and crowbar on block and crowbar just throwing the opponent across the screen on hit, my imagination is grasping at straws trying to figure out how these could lead to anything.

can StevoSuprem0 or Gilbagz or Qwark28 enlighten me on what these 'buffs' could indirectly lead to?

I really hope this is just the tip of the iceberg, really underwhelming compared to the other buffs teased.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
unless there's some potential to cause some damage or make opponents guess off of a blocked/hit crowbar and blocked flower, this is kind of garbage. If there's something to it, it's indirect and technical, i.e. potential setups and follow ups that could apply. Considering the pushback of flower and crowbar on block and crowbar just throwing the opponent across the screen on hit, my imagination is grasping at straws trying to figure out how these could lead to anything.

can StevoSuprem0 or Gilbagz or Qwark28 enlighten me on what these 'buffs' could indirectly lead to?

I really hope this is just the tip of the iceberg, really underwhelming compared to the other buffs teased.
slightly better parry and im hoping for some setups off of some ridiculous frame adv from mb crowbar