What's new

Tech - Blood God If Only Tekken Master Knew. . .

DestructionGodX

God Of Destruction
I found this tech a while back around when KP2 dropped I just didn't show it off at the time. This clip was a while ago against HLC Bounty. He's a good player so add him if you wanna run some games with him on Xbox. He plays multiple characters. I think he mains Konjurer Alien. In this clip yes it is possible to parry alien's little trap mid combo string if you time it right. Some situations it will be hard to react. There are a lot of things in this game that Kotal can't parry but there are ways around this in some match ups. You can low poke air grab and cancel alien's armored tail flip. Kotal Kahn's air grab actually counts as a hit. This also works on shaolin kung jin's ex flip. This also works on other characters in the game with an air armored wake up there's are a lil bit difficult to deal with like sonya. So yeah it's an old clip just gettin the tech out there. If I would've known this even before the KP2 man I couldn't even imagine. Also against Alien in acidic (Sonic Vs Tekken) if you think they're gonna ex flip after throwing the acid DB4 I believe that's the command for that...you actually have enough time to d4 air grab or down 3 air grab & cancel the incoming ex tail flip. Down 3 air grab is the fastest.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Tried it. It doesn't work & I think kanoball is a lil fucked up to in a sense. Just my opinion. It's a major issue though.
Kano Ball is cheap. The BF3 EX Cancels give you an armored starter. You can get at least 28-30% if you connect the first hit with Cutthroat, then combo off of it. Plus you're safe-ish if it's blocked. Not too shabby.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Yeah, I just double checked, it's an armour beeak on a hard read. But if d4, air grab is safe then it's pretty cool

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Damn, if only Tekken Master did know this tech...

From watching the EVO Grand Finals, it looked like he got the hang of the Erron Black match-up but was completely clueless about Alien. For example, when he finally blocked the overhead flip, he never punished it.

Actually, @DestructionGodX - if I'm correct, all of Kotal's pokes are 6 frames on start-up AND safe, and Alien's flip is -7. He could have gotten a free poke into a follow-up every time. This would make War God a deadly choice against Alien if so.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Am I watching this video right, @DestructionGodX ?

Are you saying that the alien flip thing can be grabbed out of the air on reaction with the Kohtal Air Grab, even if armored (if you armor the grab)?

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
I found this tech a while back around when KP2 dropped I just didn't show it off at the time. This clip was a while ago against HLC Bounty. He's a good player so add him if you wanna run some games with him on Xbox. He plays multiple characters. I think he mains Konjurer Alien. In this clip yes it is possible to parry alien's little trap mid combo string if you time it right. Some situations it will be hard to react. There are a lot of things in this game that Kotal can't parry but there are ways around this in some match ups. You can low poke air grab and cancel alien's armored tail flip. Kotal Kahn's air grab actually counts as a hit. This also works on shaolin kung jin's ex flip. This also works on other characters in the game with an air armored wake up there's are a lil bit difficult to deal with like sonya. So yeah it's an old clip just gettin the tech out there. If I would've known this even before the KP2 man I couldn't even imagine. Also against Alien in acidic (Sonic Vs Tekken) if you think they're gonna ex flip after throwing the acid DB4 I believe that's the command for that...you actually have enough time to d4 air grab or down 3 air grab & cancel the incoming ex tail flip. Down 3 air grab is the fastest.

Good Tech.

Tekken Master and Myself have researched the Blood God and Alien match up. and Alien wins 7-3. and if you knew the alien tech where Acidic Alien can crawl under Blood/Sun God strings. then the matchup qould be 8-2. Alien can crawl or EX crawl after Blood/Sun God B12, B12xxEX DF3, B122, and B122xxEX DF3 :(

From watching the EVO Grand Finals, it looked like he got the hang of the Erron Black match-up but was completely clueless about Alien
The problem was that he never faced an Alien in the tournament to refresh his memory. Tekken Master is the best when it comes to dealing with Shinnok and Alien. TM faced @STB Damashi in the winners finals of his pools and his memory was warmed up. p.s. Damashi you're the best. but unfortunately didn't face any Aliens in the tournament.

when he finally blocked the overhead flip, he never punished it
Sometimes EX Overhead tailflip can be less minus in a certain distance (( i think )). sometime its hard to punish it with 114.

also in the last match when TM did B122xx parry on hit .. i told him wtf did you do that for. and he said: i thought i was playing with War God :p.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Good Tech.

Tekken Master and Myself have researched the Blood God and Alien match up. and Alien wins 7-3. and if you knew the alien tech where Acidic Alien can crawl under Blood/Sun God strings. then the matchup qould be 8-2. Alien can crawl or EX crawl after Blood/Sun God B12, B12xxEX DF3, B122, and B122xxEX DF3 :(

The problem was that he never faced an Alien in the tournament to refresh his memory. Tekken Master is the best when it comes to dealing with Shinnok and Alien. TM faced @STB Damashi in the winners finals of his pools and his memory was warmed up. p.s. Damashi you're the best. but unfortunately didn't face any Aliens in the tournament.

Sometimes EX Overhead tailflip can be less minus in a certain distance (( i think )). sometime its hard to punish it with 114.

also in the last match when TM did B122xx parry on hit .. i told him wtf did you do that for. and he said: i thought i was playing with War God :p.
wait, you said alien can crawl after those strings? or are you talking about crawling thru the gaps?

DestructionGodX

God Of Destruction
Damn, if only Tekken Master did know this tech...

From watching the EVO Grand Finals, it looked like he got the hang of the Erron Black match-up but was completely clueless about Alien. For example, when he finally blocked the overhead flip, he never punished it.

Actually, @DestructionGodX - if I'm correct, all of Kotal's pokes are 6 frames on start-up AND safe, and Alien's flip is -7. He could have gotten a free poke into a follow-up every time. This would make War God a deadly choice against Alien if so.
I think Tekken Master would've won if he knew this. Kotal sucks in my eyes especially Blood God but if you spend time with him you would be surprised what you find. You're right though & also trying to punish Alien with Kotal is a little "Timish." One of the things I hate about this game.

DestructionGodX

God Of Destruction
It's used on read right? If Alien block d4 then isn't Kotal unsafe with d4 into whiff air grab?
It's unsafe but it's worth the risk. Even if you don't read the flip. Some people don't react consistantly to punish so if they don't punish then that's their fault. I take the risk all the time cuz all Alien players like to tail flip.

DestructionGodX

God Of Destruction
Why not just block?

You get a full corner combo if you block, if you do this you just get the air grab, which sucks on hit. You're unsafe if the Alien makes you whiff or blocks the D4.
You're right but it's also a situational thing. If you're War God you probably don't have to use it. For me it's worth the risk & is just how I play Kotal in general. I want you to wake up. You're not wrong at all but the way I play Kotal works for me. I take a lot of risk but you have to. Especially playing Blood God. It's effective in Blood & Sun God for sure. Watch the Tekken Master & SonicFox Blood God vs Alien match again. There where at least 4 times Tekken Master could have d3 or d4 to into air grab & cancel the ex flip. Especially after Aliens db4. Trying to punish alien with Kotal is frame tight & not always consistent. I believe there would have been a big difference if Tekken Master would have known that. He could have cancelled the flips rather than taking a full combos from unblocking or just pressing buttons. I lab a lot of stuff when I have the time to. If it's useless to you don't use it then. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
wait, you said alien can crawl after those strings? or are you talking about crawling thru the gaps?
Alien Crawl has 9 startup frames

B12 is -13 on blk
B122 is - 10 on blk

Alien can crawl or EX crawl through the gap.

B12xx ( Gap ) EX DF3
B122xx ( Gap ) EX DF3

the Alien would not have to worry about the Kotal player stopping his cancelling the B12 / B122 into EX DF3 or not .. crawl will hit him anyway.

DestructionGodX

God Of Destruction

B12 is -13 on blk
B122 is - 10 on blk

B12xx ( Gap ) EX DF3
B122xx ( Gap ) EX DF3

the Alien would not have to worry about the Kotal player stopping his cancelling the B12 / B122 into EX DF3 or not .. crawl will hit him anyway.
Yeah you got a point. I don't worry about ex crawl too much cuz they love that tail flip lol.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated

B12 is -13 on blk
B122 is - 10 on blk

B12xx ( Gap ) EX DF3
B122xx ( Gap ) EX DF3

don't spread misinformation. A string is hella minus on block doesn't always mean it has a BIG gap if cancelled into special moves. There is a gap but it might be much smaller than 9f, thus non-armor moves can't interrupt. Did you actually test it before assuming?

Belial

Noob
Topic name is misleading. This "tech" sucks and has been known since forever

As someone mentioned its better to just block and punish, so stop claiming "If Tekken Master knew". If you knew what he knew you'd be at top 8 of EVO instead. All I see is scrubs getting hype over terrible tech and dragging top players into their mess.