What's new

Question If Kabal were banned

How much more excited would you be for tournaments?

Myself @16bit, @claudevonstroke all were playing around with the idea of (actually we weren't playing around with the idea) but we were discussing if Kabal were banned how much more enjoyable and fun the game would be.

The only people who would possibly complain are myself and other top Kabal players but we all started with different chars and only moved over to Kabal because of how stupid he is. We all are more than capable enough to play other characters at a high level. I feel like this would make the game better.

Smash community banned Metaknight in Brawl. I know you guys wanted to ban Scorpion but I think Scorpion had WAY more holes than Kabal does.

I will say this even Cyrax is manageable. DJT I felt like played great but I don't think he could consistently replicate that at all. All of it was really good patience and great reads. He had an awesome weekend.

Kabal I feel like destroys the meta game of MK and makes you play into his game nonstop. You guys says Scorpion breaks the game and doesn't play Injustice. I feel like that about Kabal. I'm not sure if Kabal was this stupid in UMK3.

With Kabal banned I feel like a lot of characters now become viable and the game becomes more enjoyable to watch.

I think it sucks how someone as great as Dizzy has to think like "damn as good as I become there is nothing I can do about Kabal" at least Kenshi can be counter picked by Shang, Smoke, Scorpion (to an extent), Reptile etc. But Kabal its like.....yea I hope someone else beats him.

Anyway just tell me your thoughts as a community cause I honestly don't want to see this game die and don't think like "oh PL wants to get Kabal banned cause he wants to win" I really don't care. I have won two EVO's back to back I have really nothing else to gain playing this game competitively. I really want to be able to have fun now. I love this game and I love the people I have met and I would like to keep going to tournaments playing this game and hanging out with all the wonderful people I now know and keep having hype matches with one another.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think banning a character so far into the game would only discourage people from playing the game further. I can imagine how many people would say "wow that game is so bad they had to ban a character!"

Also the Kabal-less meta would be very interesting. Not a lot of characters could stop for instance Cyrax, Sonya, or Kenshi, so it might create an actually more imbalanced environment. It might not though, who knows.

If there was a controlled way to test it out in a tournament setting with high level players, I would be REALLY interested to see how it turned out though.

I think banning a character so far into the game would only discourage people from playing the game further. I can imagine how many people would say "wow that game is so bad they had to ban a character!"

Also the Kabal-less meta would be very interesting. Not a lot of characters could stop for instance Cyrax, Sonya, or Kenshi, so it might create an actually more imbalanced environment. It might not though, who knows.

If there was a controlled way to test it out in a tournament setting with high level players, I would be REALLY interested to see how it turned out though.

We are discussing after VXG we could do it because only people who use Kabal are myself, Soonk, Detroit, Curbo, Reo off the top of my head.

If we all agreed that its ok to ban him I think we should test it out. Especially knowing we probably won't get a patch. I want to keep this game alive and I think this is the best way to go about it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
We are discussing after VXG we could do it because only people who use Kabal are myself, Soonk, Detroit, Curbo, Reo off the top of my head.

If we all agreed that its ok to ban him I think we should test it out. Especially knowing we probably won't get a patch. I want to keep this game alive and I think this is the best way to go about it.
Well the way I see it is scrub Kabals are still free as hell, so maybe you could get all (or most) of the actual good Kabals (since there aren't that many) to choose not to use Kabal at tournaments for a while, it would effectively be banning Kabal without having to say "oh we banned a character because he was broken!"

It WOULD be super interesting to see how the meta turns out without Kabal.

Well the way I see it is scrub Kabals are still free as hell, so maybe you could get all (or most) of the actual good Kabals (since there aren't that many) to choose not to use Kabal at tournaments for a while, it would effectively be banning Kabal without having to say "oh we banned a character because he was broken!"

It WOULD be super interesting to see how the meta turns out without Kabal.

Soft ban him like O.Sagat in ST like how they do in Japan.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The smash community also ended up unbanning Metaknight.

Hilde was banned in SC4, sometime during its life, but the game died anyway.

I think France has a ban on Viola in SC5, though America doesn't.

Kabal also isn't a popular character and is only played cause of how strong he is. I don't think it would hurt our community I think it would make our game more enjoyable.

Also for the record we SHOULD NOT CARE what other communities think of what we do. That is like caring about what other people think of what you do in your own house.

If you want to walk around in your house naked all the time that is YOUR business lol

Rome

Noob

SC4 probably only died because of SC5 ;) And in SC5 Hilde isnt banned anymore.

Btw Viola is banned in whole Europe because of her doom combos. And maybe because she can get u in a full combo out of an fast and safe poke... but not sure about this...

Topic:

I think a Kabal ban could really change the game ( in a better way ) and maybe we would see finally some more chars again in the top 8.

...and if NRS add some LITTLE buffs to Noob, Sheeva, CSZ, etc we maybe could see these chars in top 8 <3

But anyway only if NRS release a new patch, which nerfs Cyrax, Kenshi and Kabal i would restart to play MK ...at least till KI release

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
^I can agree w/ that mu assessment, just playing Devil's Advocate. If Kabal is to be banned, Cyrax and Kenshi need to be addressed. You and I talked alot about both at Dallas and Final Round.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Nope, what's next... a Cyrax/Kenshi/Sonya/Skarlet ban? Kabal requires nearly flawless execution and strategy or he gets scrubbed out, we've seen that time after time again.
He's only S++ in the right hands.

^I can agree w/ that mu assessment, just playing Devil's Advocate. If Kabal is to be banned, Cyrax and Kenshi need to be addressed. You and I talked alot about both at Dallas and Final Round.

Cyrax is ridiculous but I feel like Cyrax players can be out played. He doesn't have the best zoning in the game. He is how Superman is in INJ. Does a lot of damage but loses fundamentally to characters.

Nope, what's next... a Cyrax/Kenshi/Sonya/Skarlet ban? Kabal requires nearly flawless execution and strategy or he gets scrubbed out, we've seen that time after time again.
He's only S++ in the right hands.

STOP!!! Kabal does NOT require flawless execution.

Gas Blast is simply upback, upback + LP which is really easy and after you do the first gas blast the rest are easy. You can also buffer Gas Blast command during a Nomad Dash Cancel to pretty much get it perfect.

Kabal doing anything is a mixup for you not for him. He can play a big mind game with NDC from FULL SCREEN and using gas blasts. Him doing a NDC makes you free up and wait or try to hit him out of a dash cancel which he can just stop and do a gas blast which is +5 on block or stop early and hit you with f4 which is a 9 frame hit confirmable combo started with NDC. It is not hard to do.

I play this character and I am telling you it is messed up.

Up close when Kabal starts NDC pressure your best bet is to hope he doesn't finish with saw, hookswords or let the dash rip and hit you with a combo. If he cancels you have to guess from hella options a cross over jump, d3 to reset the pressure, another f32, d1 or standing 2 to punish your jump or b12 to pretty much do the same thing f32 does accept the last part is a launcher that is 0 on block and if you have normals slower than 9 frames he can check you with f4 and all you can do is d1 or d3 and both on block get blown up by f4 or he can just do a ex NDC and you really can't do anything about it.

When you knock Kabal down it doesn't matter cause he can safely get up and not have to worry about his wake up being punished cause of EX NDC. No char in the game but Kabal has this and it messes up the system. When you knock someone down you should have the mind game advantage however KABAL has the mind game adv cause everything he does is now invincible.

On top of this when he finishes a combo he doesn't have to deal with your wake up attacks cause it ends in a reset for like 30% meter gain and guaranteed chip that puts him in another advantage situation.

All of us that use this char in tournament are using him at the highest level.