What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

Lulzlou

Noob
Oh my bad then. I though the thread was like "how would be the game without kabal exit S+ tier". It wasn't like baning the char imo.

But nevermind.
Well it was like that until people started talking about bans. The thread pretty much turned into that instead.
If it was still about the OP then I respect your opinion. Tom was referring to the banning, not patching

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think they should get rid of ice clone in this game. I think that has to be the scrubbiest thing in fighting games. You're pretty much saying your spacing and footsies are so terrible that I'm just going to camp behind an ice clone and hope to god they don't know a way to get around it, and scream bad matchup and place the blame on whatever armor they might have, even if they didn't use any to get around it.
Fixed.

coolwhip

Noob
That's what we want. When a char is too imbalanced, we go to nerf him, and go to the next one, until it is balanced.
In that case, I don't want the game to be balanced, thank you. 18 months into this game's life, and people are still talking about balance. Good grief.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Even on high hitbox characters? I was under the impression that characters like Raiden and Freddy are basically fucked unless the Kabal player messes up.

I've seen Detroit baby B Wizz at locals with 2~ndc. I don't think that was because B Wizz doesn't know the matchup or understand how to get out of pressure
Even on high hit box characters. Raiden and Freddy both have armor too. If you use your meter correctly 2ndc is pretty easy to escape. I've never played reo, but with Lou its not the 2 you should fear, is the b1's that will do you in.

Lulzlou

Noob
Even on high hit box characters. Raiden and Freddy both have armor too. If you use your meter correctly 2ndc is pretty easy to escape. I've never played reo, but with Lou its not the 2 you should fear, is the b1's that will do you in.
That is how I use 2ndc. Going for the infinite is damn near impossible. I can get the infinite going a few times but I can't get it consistently. Maybe because I don't practice my execution as much as before xD

But the fear of B121 is great. All it takes is one good read and you'll eat a full combo. If I guess wrong I'm still 0 on block

zaf

professor
No the game is just fine the way it is. I Have no problems with kabal.
The REAL problem is people not sticking with their characters and finding out everything possible in any MU.

I come from the smash bros community and the same thing happened with BRAWL.
Metaknight destroyed everyone and it ended up where everyone had a pocket metaknight to fight metaknight.
People stopped playing their main because they found they could win all matches with their pocket metaknight better then they could with their actual main.

Im not saying this is happening here, because let's face it there are not hordes of kabals like there were metaknights.
But people are picking up the better 5-8 characters of the game in tourney setting. This does hinder the meta game of the cast.

Now, there was a point when TO's started to have Metaknight banned tournies.
I will say that this did allow for a lot of other characters to evolve since no one had to worry about metaknight.
I don't think MK9 needs this, people just need to stick with their characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No the game is just fine the way it is. I Have no problems with kabal.
The REAL problem is people not sticking with their characters and finding out everything possible in any MU.

I come from the smash bros community and the same thing happened with BRAWL.
Metaknight destroyed everyone and it ended up where everyone had a pocket metaknight to fight metaknight.
People stopped playing their main because they found they could win all matches with their pocket metaknight better then they could with their actual main.

Im not saying this is happening here, because let's face it there are not hordes of kabals like there were metaknights.
But people are picking up the better 5-8 characters of the game in tourney setting. This does hinder the meta game of the cast.

Now, there was a point when TO's started to have Metaknight banned tournies.
I will say that this did allow for a lot of other characters to evolve since no one had to worry about metaknight.
I don't think MK9 needs this, people just need to stick with their characters.
People need to learn to grind shit out.