What's new

I swear i punished a d1 on block with spin....

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Axel_Redd try this, when you receive a d1 on block move in diagonal or in a circle while holding block, when you see that your character moves quickly after receiving the attack on block you will have the time recovery to punish, you can even jump d1 on block

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Axel_Redd try this, when you receive a d1 on block move in diagonal or in a circle while holding block, when you see that your character moves quickly after receiving the attack on block you will have the time recovery to punish, you can even jump d1 on block
so u mean when i block a d1, i could press down back or in a circle and be able to punish the d1? as well as make u recover from block stun faster?

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
so u mean when i block a d1, i could press down back or in a circle and be able to punish the d1? as well as make u recover from block stun faster?
That's just for you to learn the recovery time, look at the beginning of the video and notice how I move kung lao after receiving d1 on block, then you do not need to move, just drop block and execute normals, specials, dash, jump and maybe back dash

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Characters who can punish any D1 in the game on a good read with a full combo anywhere in the screen, if you set your game plan for the opponent to end up d+1 on your setup.

Kung Lao = Spin (6f)
Jax = F4 (8f)
Kabal =F4 (9f)
Cage = F3 (9f)
Liu Kang = B3 string(10f)
Rain = 4RH (10f) ala @A F0xy Gampa
Sonya = iaDive Kick (11f) (not completly sure)
Skarlet = F4 (13f) (Completely planned with anticipation and very good warp speed or will not work)
Cage = B3 (13f)
Ermac = Lift (13f)

Characters who get a full combo when opponent is cornered
Kenshi = ex BF2 (8f)

Character who reverse position for a full combo while cornered.
Reptile = ex Dash (6f) cornered, when he returns for the next 2 hits the opponent will be launched in the corner for a full combo.

Characters who get a special move punish
Raiden = superman (10f)

to use this you have to condition your opponent to end doing things you planned for them, you have to create opportunities for those punishes, or recognize setups where they can interrupt and give you a room for it:

Kabal -> F4~NDC block (opponent pokes with d1) F4 ND...
Skarlet -> ...Slide Block (opponent pokes with d1, trying to poke out armor) F4~rd~...

etc etc.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Characters who can punish any D1 in the game on a good read with a full combo anywhere in the screen, if you set your game plan for the opponent to end up d+1 on your setup.

Kung Lao = Spin (6f)
Jax = F4 (8f)
Liu Kang = 2 (8f)12 I think standing 2 is also a mid.
Kabal =F4 (9f)
Cage = F3 (9f)
Liu Kang = B3 string(10f)
Rain = 4RH (10f) ala @A F0xy Gampa
Sonya = iaDive Kick (11f) (not completly sure)
Skarlet = F4 (13f) (Completely planned with anticipation and very good warp speed or will not work)

Characters who get a full combo when opponent is cornered
Kenshi = ex BF2 (8f)

Character who reverse position for a full combo while cornered.
Reptile = ex Dash (6f) cornered, when he returns for the next 2 hits the opponent will be launched in the corner for a full combo.

Characters who get a special move punish
Raiden = superman (10f)

to use this you have to condition your opponent to end doing things you planned for them, you have to create opportunities for those punishes, or recognize setups where they can interrupt and give you a room for it:

Kabal -> F4~NDC block (opponent pokes with d1) F4 ND...
Skarlet -> ...Slide Block (opponent pokes with d1, trying to poke out armor) F4~rd~...

etc etc.
You forgot the possibly best counter poke in the game: cages b3, which leads to full combo + standing reset and guaranteed chip.

Sent from my phone, using the keypad.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You forgot the possibly best counter poke in the game: cages b3, which leads to full combo + standing reset and guaranteed chip.

Sent from my phone, using the keypad.
Yeah is 13f as well.

I also forgot Ermac's lift, which is also 13f can be used the same way ^^