What's new

I swear i punished a d1 on block with spin....

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
last night, i was playing against a random online with my lao, and after i blocked their d1 i immediately did spin and caught them, i was thinking that maybe it was possible since they're limb is still extended so therefore spin is able to make contact? i dunno what do u think?

if not, then maybe they tried to poke again afterwards? or is it really possible that the duration of the d1 is long enough that the hitbox remains extended enough for spin to connect?

also, i could always do ex- spin to punish d1 since it moves forward and is 9 frames.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I mean it's entirely possible. Kitana, I know, is at -15 on block after her d1. Most people are afraid of the cancels that follow, but d1's (for most characters) can absolutely be blown up if your character possesses the right tool to contend with them.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Well as far as I know every ones d1 is punishable on block, maybe he hit the d1 really close to you and the hit box on spin was able to hit him.

But I also remember one time fighting lao, I wiffed a d1, then he wiffed a spin and there was a split second pause then I was launched

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Kabal can punisj d1s with f4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Axel_Redd

Kabal can punisj d1s with f4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
i know that, its just the hit box that most people would say makes it a problem, in which case if they hit d1 from max distance, someone like kitana, could spin still punish her? or would i have to do ex spin? cuz i know dashing in and doing 21 probably won't hit, ya know since the first hit is high....

Axel_Redd

Too lazy to look it up but I believe everyone's D1 is universally -12. That's why there's counterpoking, no?
yes, but why counter poke when u can full combo punish? also it doesnt help that lao's d3 is slower than most other characters, so if i can get a full combo with spin/ex-spin, might as well go for it.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
yes, but why counter poke when u can full combo punish? also it doesnt help that lao's d3 is slower than most other characters, so if i can get a full combo with spin/ex-spin, might as well go for it.
Because reacting to a d1 and punishing is damn near impossible to do consistently due to human limitations. So a spin is risky.

Axel_Redd

im still gonna try to master it, regardless if its risky or not. by the way, apparently b3 can punish a d1 on block, since b3 is only 11 while most d1's are -12....but thats gotta be much harder than doing it with Ex spin or regular spin.

coolwhip

Noob
im still gonna try to master it, regardless if its risky or not. by the way, apparently b3 can punish a d1 on block, since b3 is only 11 while most d1's are -12....but thats gotta be much harder than doing it with Ex spin or regular spin.

It depends on the range. B3 has very little range so if Kitana is hitting you with her D1 from full distance, you're not punishing it with B3. Also, yes, in theory, spin can punish blocked d1's in many situations, but it's incredibly risky.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Dude I'm sorry but it's physically impossible. Don't d1s have like 20 frame durations? If you don't see it coming you won't even be able to check him tbh.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't see what the gist to this is unless you're saying you were able to do it completely on reaction.

Smoke's d1 is -13 on block, and Spin has 6 startup frames, so you should be able to punish that with Spin.
Yeah but even then, who's to say it's not just because the Smoke player was attempting a Smoke Bomb afterwards? :REO

Axel_Redd

maybe i sorta did it on reaction? i dunno, usually when most players are ducking im expecting a poke of some sort so yeah...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's not possible to do on reaction. You can do it on read though, you'd just be doing the spin at the first sign of movement. Like how Cage players punish d+1.

You can actually spin inbetween d+1~cutter too.

Axel_Redd

It's not possible to do on reaction. You can do it on read though, you'd just be doing the spin at the first sign of movement. Like how Cage players punish d+1.

yeah, i know that too, the cancel advantage on d1~cutter is pretty crappy. And yeah thats pretty much it, i was searching, waiting for them to try and poke while i was pressureing them and as i saw the arm extend i did the inputs for spin.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"

Oh the d1s I've punished. Lmao it's my favorite thing to do with cage.

Axel_Redd

Its possible, its very dificult dominate this, but sometimes served me, the interesting thing is how cause the instance in which your opponent execute d1.

Axel_Redd 1:10

i don't quite understand what u said, maybe u could reword that a bit? Also what exactly is that part about the block stun recovery? what exactly were u doing and how does it make u recover from block stun faster? o-0 that is what that first tid bit in the vid is about right?

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
i don't quite understand what u said, maybe u could reword that a bit? Also what exactly is that part about the block stun recovery? what exactly were u doing and how does it make u recover from block stun faster?
It happens only against d1 on block because d1 have a little block stun, you must release the block and execute a normal or special attack (in some cases like reptile), so d1 is technically unsafe attack but only a robot could punish d1 on block always