What's new

Human Smoke Question

I was just wondering. A lot of times when I go to do the teleport punch after the jk it just doesn't happen and I'm wondering is it thanks to the horrible D-Pad that xbox should be ashamed of or am I maybe doing it to late? I can usually land it but sometimes it just won't go.

Any thoughts?

Do you mean the TP misses? If so It's prolly the character your playing against. The timing is different for certain characters.

Other times, it's a glitch cancel if the JK misses and you teleport.

No I mean the tp just doesn't happen at all. I can get it most of the time just once in a while It won't happen a couple times in a row I just come down from the jk.

MosEisley said:
No I mean the tp just doesn't happen at all. I can get it most of the time just once in a while It won't happen a couple times in a row I just come down from the jk.
Oh, then thats usually a D-Pad problem. Just takes practice/getting use to.

Alright thanks man I was just wondering if others had the same problem. thats what I thought at first but then I started thinking "maybe I'm just doing it to late or something"

DAVE101 said:
It locks after 4 hits, so if you do somthing like spear, HK, LP, JK, Teleport, it will not work.
No thats not it because I don't Spear first I usually walk or run in for the 2 hit pop up then JK then sometimes the TP happens other times it doesn't. I think it might just be as the D-Pad like Phoenix said. I just posted because I wanted to know if it was just me or if others have/had this problem.

LI Maverick said:
use the joystick, problem solved. :D
I'm all over the place when I use the analog stick :lol:

MosEisley said:
DAVE101 said:
It locks after 4 hits, so if you do somthing like spear, HK, LP, JK, Teleport, it will not work.
No thats not it because I don't Spear first I usually walk or run in for the 2 hit pop up then JK then sometimes the TP happens other times it doesn't. I think it might just be as the D-Pad like Phoenix said. I just posted because I wanted to know if it was just me or if others have/had this problem.

LI Maverick said:
use the joystick, problem solved. :D
I'm all over the place when I use the analog stick :lol:
Just keep practicing with the dpad, the more you practice the better you will be with it.

Sir jabs a lot pfft what an idiot ignore him, what it is is human error you have to sew the correct pattern and reaction with your brain to hand movement/action. For example try doing a teleport punch on the ground easy right? Now say you do smokes pop up combo and goto do a jk teleport punch make sure the jk hits and as soon as it hits or just a split moment before do the teleport potion make sure you emphasise it. I had to do this myself what I did was look at the controller pad and do the combo and found it was easier when I was looking at my hands so first practice that way and then programme it into your brain so it's natural, now if that isn't the most helpful advice ever then call me a retard.

DemonsBoxer said:
Sir jabs a lot pfft what an idiot ignore him, what it is is human error you have to sew the correct pattern and reaction with your brain to hand movement/action. For example try doing a teleport punch on the ground easy right? Now say you do smokes pop up combo and goto do a jk teleport punch make sure the jk hits and as soon as it hits or just a split moment before do the teleport potion make sure you emphasise it. I had to do this myself what I did was look at the controller pad and do the combo and found it was easier when I was looking at my hands so first practice that way and then programme it into your brain so it's natural, now if that isn't the most helpful advice ever then call me a retard.
There is no human error invloved. If he was playing on a ps2 controller he'd have no problem. What happens is the dpad hits the plastic on the controller causing the direction not to register.

DemonsBoxer said:
I'm guessing you took me the wrong way. I was not trying to be rude. I was only trying to give him advice. The only way to get better at something is to keep practicing.

I was the same way with the 360 dpad, when I first started using it. But, the more I used the 360 controller the better I got with it. I'm way better with a ps2 controller, but I can play with the 360 controller.

Let's not start a flame war, lets help this guy with his problem. Which is what I'm trying to do.

Sir-Jabs-Alot said:
DemonsBoxer said:
I'm guessing you took me the wrong way. I was not trying to be rude. I was only trying to give him advice. The only way to get better at something is to keep practicing.

I was the same way with the 360 dpad, when I first started using it. But, the more I used the 360 controller the better I got with it. I'm way better with a ps2 controller, but I can play with the 360 controller.

Let's not start a flame war, lets help this guy with his problem. Which is what I'm trying to do.
Your comment was in no way rude. I was pretty sure it was the D-Pad and I'll just have to get used to it (or get $150 for an arcade-in-a-box umk3 stick lol) like I said I was just trying to find out if others were having or have had the same issues and you've all been very helpful.