What's new

General/Other How to properly balanced "The Dash"

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I say just make it similar to Kabals, just dont give him a good projectile.

If people actually understood Kabals dash they would understand why I said that.
This isn't just for Foxy, but to everyone... Did any of you even play MKvDC? The Flash was so extremely broken in that game and he did NOT have a projectile of any sort.

I agree with REO and 9.95.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
- Blocked dash puts Flash into a "Scorpion Spear Stun" state.
I think Kratos' Hermes Dash block animation would be better. Kratos pushes you for the full dash duration, but the entire time you can hit him. Its kinda like just...running towards them. Which makes sense as that's exactly what Flash would be doing

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
- Dash cancelling COSTS meter(to make cancels less likely to be abused)
- Travels less distance
- Blocked dash puts Flash into a "Scorpion Spear Stun" state.

**Addendum to REO's 10 frame startup**
- In addition to Flash's 10 frame startup, give him a quick "rearing back" animation that gives the opponent a visual cue that the move is coming... basically fast enough that if you "just frame" block, you can block it.
LOL. You forgot to add "Make it identical to Vanilla MK3 Kabal's Spin"

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I can't believe you fools are whining about a special move as weak as the dash. I hope NRS gives Darkseid the TS Drop, so you can witness true cheapness.

kronspik

Noob
This isn't just for Foxy, but to everyone... Did any of you even play MKvDC? The Flash was so extremely broken in that game and he did NOT have a projectile of any sort.

I agree with REO and 9.95.
You know he had an infinite in that game right?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
What if he doesn't have a dash?
Interesting concept. I was going to say "dude, its the flash, of course he'll have it." but then I thought for a second. What if the dash doesn't actually do damage, but instead lets you do a special attack out of it to get in? Similar to the characters who have stance change (sonya, liu kang). They can do that and give him a "teleport" where he runs around the world and pops up on the other side of the character. No scorpion ball up or anything, but for positional purposes.

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
He better have a fdc ..fuck all the holding a button bullshit ...that's just silly ..he's the fucking flash wtf... he could destroy the world if he unleashed his full power, so guys feel lucky that he can't just vibrate you till u die .... Plus its not kabals ndc that most people hate, its the iagb ...but not me because me and kabal get along just fine ....flash will bring the motherfuckin ruckus ....its so funny how everyone is already scared of the flash :cool:

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Interesting concept. I was going to say "dude, its the flash, of course he'll have it." but then I thought for a second. What if the dash doesn't actually do damage, but instead lets you do a special attack out of it to get in? Similar to the characters who have stance change (sonya, liu kang). They can do that and give him a "teleport" where he runs around the world and pops up on the other side of the character. No scorpion ball up or anything, but for positional purposes.
That could work as well. I mean, what if his Dash doesn't do damage or what if it's not a Command Dash or something.

shig

kool guy
I saw him get his dash interrupted by a gunshot from Harley. That was really pathetic. I hope they at least give him an enhanced version where he zig-zags and dodges projectiles.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I saw him get his dash interrupted by a gunshot from Harley. That was really pathetic. I hope they at least give him an enhanced version where he zig-zags and dodges projectiles.
Wouldn't that be more balanced though? So you can't just throw it out whenever. I still think it's not a command dash, but if it were

Why not just simply make it into a cancellable command dash instead of an attack? The problem I see with Nomad Dash is the fact that it is a fast half-screen whiff punisher/anti-air/combo starter/escape option. Remove those things and it simply becomes a tool used for mobility and rushdown, which the Flash should be all about.

SZSR

Noob
I say just make it similar to Kabals, just dont give him a good projectile.

If people actually understood Kabals dash they would understand why I said that.
The Flash didn't have any projectile moves in MKvsDC, if they're going the same route for specials, I doubt we'll see it again.